Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Karilee,

Sorry to hear that, I have a son who is on the autistic spectrum and that is the kind of thing he would say, he is also very very stubborn. But with a little bit of sneaky persuasion I would be able to change his mind. Its quite a way off yet, do you think you may be able to convince him to go?

I would be doing stuff like leaving holiday brochures around, showing him videos/pics of where we were going on the pc. Not actually telling him where we were going but just saying, oh come and see this, this looks great. Doing that kind of thing for a while then saying, I'd really like to go there, would you?

But then again, I'm quite a manipulator! lol :lol:

Good luck, I hope you manage to get something sorted.

Catherine xxx
aegean flights have emailed me to say i can sell the tickets and the name change will be £20 per person

so my friend says i could start the asking price on ebay for £260 for 2 tickets thats including the £40 name change or if anyone interested could let me know, 25 june 08 teeside to dalaman for one wk
thanks
hi
hi catherine
he has been on a few holidays and usually has a moan b4 we go, but i think he is getting no real enjoyment anymore as he getting older, he wont mix with other kids and loves the beach but hates the sand, so he does get a bit bored when we go away he loves castles and history and loves nothing more than putting his wellies on and going for a walk,
he says that he would like to just stay and go some where in england or go to his dads for a few days,
i dont mind the holidays were for him anyway, and he comes 1st,
it is hard but we will find some thing else.
thanks
hi
hi catherine my son has autism&adhd
he has been on a few holidays and usually has a moan b4 we go, but i think he is getting no real enjoyment anymore as he getting older, he wont mix with other kids and loves the beach but hates the sand, so he does get a bit bored when we go away he loves castles and history and loves nothing more than putting his wellies on and going for a walk,
he says that he would like to just stay and go some where in england or go to his dads for a few days,
i dont mind the holidays were for him anyway, and he comes 1st,
it is hard but we will find some thing else.
thanks
Thats a shame Karilee, but as you say he comes first.

My little fella is currently undergoing diagnosis, at the moment we "pervasive development disorder" (read cop out!) along with ODD. But suspected more likely to have a final diagnosis of ADHD &/or Aspergers. So I know how you feel.

We're quite lucky that he loves his holidays, in fact make that obsessive about holidays! He loves kids clubs and although he doesn't really mix well with children his own age he just loves being with the big boys, so thank God holidays work for us.

Isn't it amazing though how they can get something into their wee heads and there can be just no persuading them other.

I sympathise over the loss of your holiday and hope you get the tickets sold. I'm sure at that price you'll have no problem!

Catherine x
hi
glad ur little ones enjoys holidays mine is now 14 he wont go to kids clubs or mix with others so he does get a bit bored i suppose,
we had diagnosis when he was 4,( autism, adhd, ocd, learning difficulties)
so been a long hard road when u doing it 100per cent alone,
i hope to get tickets sold as i will loose the £100 deposit id paid on the hotel ,
karen
Sorry to read of your difficulty karilee. I have worked with children who are autistic and understand the challenges you face. I'm sorry I'm not in the position to buy your tickets. Should you want to return to Turkey in the future there are some resorts that may appeal to your son. So many autistic people seem to be fascinated with history. Maybe get him to do a bit of research on the internet first. Bodrum has a fabulous crusader castle and other areas on the Bodrum peninsula are full of historical interest. From Bodrum a ferry trip would take you to the ancient site of Knidos on the Datca peninsula. If you stay at Kusadasi Ephesus is not far away along with Mary's house.
Hope you sell your tickets and find something suitable for a holiday.
Karilee, i hope i am not speaking out of turn but if your son wants to go to see his dad for a few days could you not get a friend to join you in Turkey and they could pay £20 name change and have some well earned time to yourself?? I know how hard it was bringing up 2 children who had no other difficulties and i have a husband to share those responsibilities. Maybe you could do with some you time. Just a thought and hope you are not offended by the suggestion.I wish you well with whatever you decide.
  • Edited by al321 2007-12-13 19:02:53
hi
thanks everyone,
my son would only stay 3 days topps with his dad, they not very close
so ill keep looking theres plenty of time anyway, no rush
but thankyou all for your thoughts
:D
Sorry Briar it's my age :lol: Funny thing is i checked the post to check that i hadn't used text talk but shows you read what you think you have written :oops: Have edited the post.Karilee shame as the break could have been good for you.
Hi Karilee ,sorry to hear about your predicament ,must be really difficult for you and your son ,hope you get something sorted ,god knows you must need a break . Have a nice christmas .

Bluepeterno1
My daughter booked her flights with Aegean also for June,but has just found out that she is pregnant and cant use them,but on reading the small print,it says its £20 each to change a name and you have to also pay the difference between the price she payed and and the current cost of flight when you make the change,maybe Ive read it wrong!!,Im hoping so,maybe someone could enlighten on this.
Crispy, my daughter's friend finished with her boyfriend a couple of weeks before we flew to Dalaman (oct). We all booked through aegean and she only had to pay £20 for name change. Maybe you have to pay extra if dates need to be changed?Congratulations on your daughter's pregnancy.
Thats good news,because we have some friends who may want her tickets and at the price she payed plus the £20 is good and she wont lose out now,many thanks for letting me know.
hi
i got email from aegean flights and explained they said all the cost would be is £20 per person name change.
thanks everyone for your thoughts, very much appreciated and maybe when my son become more independant i will get away on my own/with friends, fingers crossed i get tickets sold ive £100 deposit on my hotel hotel karbel sun paid which i will loose, so maybe be worth seeing how much it would cost for a name change on it, maybe someone get a cheap hotel too!!!!!!!!! and a few more pennies for me, cant afford to loose out!!!
ill be thinking of them lying on a nice beach while im attending my hospital appoiments twice a week and wearing trousers and jumpers!!!!!
trying to stay positive, i love my holidays abroad and they having to stop now :cry: :cry: :cry:
but ill be thinking of you all jetting of next year
so have fun and enjoy
thanks x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.