General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi Maryjo
How is your son today?
It is a tricky one regarding insurance - if you have not declared his illness then I can't see that you will be able to claim however if I was you I would ring the TO and explain your situation and ask them to help you sometimes they can suprise you.
Let us know how you get on and thinking of you all.
Irene
Maryjo, do you mind naming the Tour Operator??? Did you take out their insurance???
Well worth contacting the T/O and the insurance company for guidance. Hopefully due to you circumstances they will let you decide whether to cancel or change dates, and at minimal cost.
Good luck, hope all goes well and keep us informed.

Wishes to your son,

Robby :wink:
really sorry to hear about your son xx I think the travel insurance is a no go as you already said - it is classed as a pre existing condition and if not declared when purchasing the insurance then very unlikely they will deal with a claim.

contact your TO - hopefully you will be able to re-schedule without losing too much.

Let us know how you get on. xxx
Probably right regarding insurance, as below or similar:

"Any medical treatment that you receive because of a medical
condition or any illness related to a medical condition which
you knew about and which could reasonably be expected to
lead to a claim. This applies to you, a relative, business
associate or person you are travelling with, and any person
you were depending on for the trip."

Hopefully someone sees sense and not just £ signs!!!!!!!!

Robby :wink:
hi maryjo, sorry to hear about your son, hope he is getting better. we booked an all inclusive holiday for july 2007 but had to postpone it as there was a possibility thay my boyfriend would be made redundant, after speaking to the t/o they let us transfer it over to aug this year and we didnt have any fees to do this...im sure that if you explain your circumstances they will be able to offer you a postponement..thats if you want to do that..not sure about where you would stand if you cancelled the whole thing.. we thought about cancelling and we stood to loose the initial 3100.00 low dep and the £190.00 part deposit we also paid. so transferring was a better option. i hope you manage to sort it all out and hope your son is much better soon, regards, sue :gluck
hi mary jo, sorry that 3100.00 deposit was meant to be £100.00!!!!!!
Hi Maryjo, it certainly wouldn't hurt to ask them as it's not like you are taking your business away, just wanting to postpone it.

Best wishes for your sons recovery.
I agree with puddleduck, there's no point in assuming they'll say no and just worrying about it - ask them. The worst that can happen is that they will agree with what you thought so you've nothing to lose.
Hi maryjo
sorry to hear about your son,Yes if I was you I would ring the TO as they should be able to help
we had to cancel a holiday back in 2005 due to unforseen circumstances
we rang the To to explain our situation and we asked to call in to our local TO shop
we did and they were very helpful, they moved our holiday back a few months and all we had to pay was the difference in the holiday costs
Hope this helps and hope your son will be ok.
Sharon
maryjo, my thoughts are with you. I had a similar experience a few years ago but I only lost my deposit as the holiday was a bit further away. Lets hope the tour operator will see sense and let you move your holiday. Let us know how you get on. CBG
Thank you so much to everyone for your kind wishes and the advice. Our son was fairly stable today although they had to turn the support from the ventilator up a little but he was opening his eyes for a few brief seconds which was lovely to see. All we can do is pray and take each day at a time.
We booked the holiday through Emirates Tours UK but my travel insurance is with The Royal bank of Scotland. I read the post about the conditions of the pre-existing conditions which includes that of family members too. I know my son had the condition when we took out the insurance but the reason for the admission was not because of his condition but because he vomited and aspirated it into his lungs which led to him being admitted to Intensive care. But I suppose they would have a way round it by saying he was susceptible to things like this because of the condition he has(Batten's Disease). Anyway, I will phone the T.O. tomorrow and see what they say. It would be good if we could postpone it and go at a later date but since it is only 3 weeks away I am doubtful they will allow it as they will probably say they will not be able to sell the holiday at such a late date. i can only try and see if they are human after all and not thinking £££'s as you say. I will let you know how things go.
Thank you again for everyone's help and good wishes. It is much appreciated.
glad to hear your son is a wee bit better x If the Doctor can give you a letter confirming this admission to hospital was not caused by the Battens Disease, then you might be able to submit a claim under your insurance. might be worth a try.
yeah, good luck mayjo,hope your sons conditoin improves..keep us informed. we will all be thinking about you and hope you manage a good outcome from this.from sue
just to say that Craig lost his battle on Saturday. He could fight no more. He has gone beside the other angels. We have been told God needed a "very special angel" and he chose Craig as that angel.
Our lives has a large empty hole there now, but we know he is in a better place.

Mary
Mary,

I read this when you first posted, but had no advice so didn't reply.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never right when parents outlive their children, whatever the circumstances. I don't know anything about the condition he had but at least he's in a better place now and free from pain.

I'm rubbish when it comes to things like this but just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and your family at this awful time xx
Contact the TO asap - simply explain that your son has died suddenly - you do not need to go into great detail.

Explain that you would like to postpone until you have managed to come to terms with your sad loss.

I am sure they will be sympathetic.

fwh
So sorry to hear your sad news... Don't know what else to say - just sorry..... Denny x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.