General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Get the claim in straight away Pippa. If the insurance company try to contact you whilst you are away, you can just tell them that your mother/mother-in-law/great aunt or whoever, who only lives an hour's drive away, was so concerned about you that they absolutely insisted that you go and stay with them for a while so they could take care of you. They can hardly argue with that.:wink:
Can't you give them a mobile number?

luci :wave
I had thought about putting the mobile number on the claim form so will probably do that. I think we'll probably take the forms with us and then post them mid way through the week - that way by the time they get round to looking at them we are likely to be home. After all they aren't to know how quickly I am able to get to the surgery to pick up the certificate or indeed how long the GP said allow.

Sorry to have so many questions!!

Pippa
Get the claim in straight away Pippa. If the insurance company try to contact you whilst you are away, you can just tell them that your mother/mother-in-law/great aunt or whoever, who only lives an hour's drive away, was so concerned about you that they absolutely insisted that you go and stay with them for a while so they could take care of you. They can hardly argue with that.

Don't lie!
If you do there is always the chance of being found out which could scupper your claim. You doctor should confirm you are unfit to fly, hence you having to claim. There is nothing to say you have to be confined to the house & you don't need to fly to get to Norfolk!
A mobile number is the easiest anyway, who says you'd be at home when they called even if you weren't on holiday?
Could you get someone to post it for you while you are away? :) Paula
Have put a mobile number as an alternative. Will see if the medical certificate is ready tomorrow or Friday and then take and post whilst we are away. I'm certainly not going to lie as I do realise that insurance companies don't like paying out if they don't have to! It probably isn't a high priority claim in their eyes in any case so they may well not get round to looking into it until we are home.

Pippa
Can't post out yet as still waiting for the medical certificate! Apparently the form is ready but the invoice is not - hopefully might be ready late this afternoon - the receptionist couldn't even tell me what the cost would be!! A search on the web suggests anything between £15 and £45 depending on the complexity of the form.

Pippa
Don't forget to claim for the cost of the certificate. It is a legitimate cost just as car park etc.

fwh
There is a note on the forms that the cost of a medical certificate is the responsibility of the insured and is not refundable by the insurance company so won't be able to claim that back. It isn't going to be a huge sum anyway.

Pippa
Just an update. Collected medical certificate from GP (£35) and posted off all the forms last week. Will now wait to see what they offer us! Reading some reviews on the web AXA are sometimes slow to pay up.

We had a very lazy and quiet week in North Norfolk - absolutely beautiful - don't know why we haven't had a holiday there before - fantastic being only 2 hours car journey away.

Am making progress slowly - increased medication is starting to kick in.

Will update you further when we hear back from AXA.

Pippa
So glad you're feeling a bit better and that the medication is starting to kick in. I'm sure your holiday will have done you good. Best of luck with AXA - I had a nightmare with them last year!!
Had an email from AXA to say that they will be paying the full amount (less an excess) into our account within the next few days. Quite surprised that they have done this quite so quickly!

Pippa
I have watched this post with interest as I have an annual policy with Axa, earlier this year I had an accident in Tenerife which involved four days in hospital and the caring service, and prompt payment of additions that I received from Axa was excellent. I am delighted that you have received similar Pippa and that you now feel better. :)
Update - money from insurance company now in account.

Very good service from AXA - took just over 3 weeks from posting off the claim forms - can't complain about that.

Also I am starting to feel better - not 100% yet but getting there.

Thank you to all of you for your interest and good wishes.

Pippa
That is very good news Pippa, thumbs up to AXA :tup .

Glad you are starting to feel better.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.