Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Hi,

There are 2 ATM's on site, one at the main entrance and one by the phones at the bottom pool.

The foods in the take away/sit in always been okay, both food places have specials on each day so check the boards to see what's to offer. I've only been in the restaurant once and the food was just the same as the sit in/take away so nothing special.
I forgot about the one by the phones, i could only remember the one at the entrance! This will be the first year i've used them, have my nationwide card at the ready!

I sometimes use the takeaway, never really use the restaurant as veggie tastes aint catered for on the continent!! Avoid the pizza ... expensive, and about 1mm thick!!!
oh yeah, the pizzas. Avoid them at all costs, what a rip off.

now the chickens mmmmmm
I remember those pizzas used to be amazing.

We didn't go for 2 years and when we went back I was so dissapointed.

The chickens are good, but before they put the cover on the ones at the Lombra pool, it was murder walking passed them with sunburn.

I'm not great at tearing apart a cook chicken so I may miss out this year.

We only really use the take away for chips if we've made dinner or at night for a snack.

Used to use the restaraunt a lot years ago, but not so much now.

Helen
I am staying in Calella for a week begining of June, and may take a drive up to Castell Montgri to see what its like for possible future ideas on holidays.
Myself and the wife climbed up to the castle years ago.To cut a long story short took the wrong route.Ended up clambering over terraces of rock and wading through thorny scrub in shorts, ouch!!
Thanks Diane, thats good to know they wont be bored......May do the waterparks allright but deffo not the portaventura one.....

Mmmmm love cooked chicken, am kinda hungry now thinking about it.....

Good to know that you have been going for years and still love it, like hearing good reviews about it.

What is Joc's? Never heard of this. Where is it?

Beckie
Jocs has a few places outside the camp for entertainment, the first is out the camp, turn left and its near the end of the road, its a kind of show park designed for young kids, bouncy castles, bumpy slides etc. They also have evening entertainment on and a fairly decent restaurant. I found a pic of it here: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/10257800 I think you get a few free tickets for the bumpy slide in your welcome pack. Then there's the bowling/arcade alley. Same direction but when you come to the round about at the end of the campsite lane go right towards the beach, its on the right hand side.

Just outside the camp site there's a cocktail bar which also has a few bits and pieces for the younger kids, trampolines, bumper cars etc as well as a mini golf course so while you sip the cocktails the kids can entertain themselves.

I wish my kids were still younger, talking about it makes me want to go back :)
Diane,

that sounds fab..... Really getting excited about going now, cant wait really. Must let the kids know about it as they love all those kinda places. Hoping that its not to expensive and that they wont want to go there every night...

Beckie
I love playing on the mini golf outside the campsite ... some really tricky shots on that one! :)
The mini golf outside the camp sites better than the one on it as its a lot bigger and nicer, yet they both cost the same.

The added bonus is you can have cocktails and relax while the kids play as its all in the same area.
The kids?

Don't have any, so it's just me and the wife for the mini golf!! :rofl

first time i've had my nationwide card with me, so i hope everything works ok ... i was always a trav cheques person!
Oh, Cocktails :cheers could do with one of them right now :tongue

will enjoy the sipping of one or three while the kids entertain themselves... ;)

Ye are making the place sound wonderful. Was having doubts after reading bad reviews, but now am so looking forward to it.

Are you going tomorrow Cidermonster????? If so, enjoy and come back with some raving reviews. Will be watching this with interest over the next few days just incase you log on from there,

Beckie
when you going out 5there becks, ciders there this week i think
Hi

I also read loads of bad comments about the place but it's not that bad.

People complain about large groups of kids hanging around and yeah there is sometimes but these kids are just on holiday like everyone else. We went a few years ago and took 5 kids, so by the time each kid had a few friends there was loads of them but all they were doing was enjoying themselves. This time of year its probably a bit quieter, I used to go at the end of June beginning of July when it was really busy.

They have got a lot stricter on site with the kids over the years, it used to be as long as you looked 14 you got a drink, now they ask for ID as every person has to carry a camping pass at all times. If they think the kids are at it they have to hand over the pass then the parents are called in and given a "telling off" and can be removed from the site.

We had an incident a few years ago when the kids jumped in the pool after midnight and we got told to report to reception next day for a "telling off". It was like been back at school and facing the head master.

Even though they are strict its for a reason therefore I can't complain about it, I'd rather they done that than allowed people to do what they want.

In all I think it's a great site for kids, plenty to do from midday to midnight, some time we never left the site for days as the kids loved it that much.

I just wish they were little so I could go back.

In saying that..... I've now got a grandaughter, in a few more years she'll be able to enjoy it.
hello dianne , did you ever go mid septembre time and if so what was it like
Beckie, yeah i'll be there next week, and i can guarantee that i will be logging on from the onsite internet cafe at some point .. keep a look out! :tup

As for bad reviews, well it's not a place i would want to go in high season anymore, it's just too busy for me (i'm a country bumpkin, i don't like busy places!!) I'll see how strict they are on kids when i'm there, as for the late night pool dipping, it's not only against the rules, it's a safety hazard as people can be seriously burned by the chemicals used once the pool is closed :yikes It's certainly one of the best organised campsites i've ever been at, and i'm sure you'll all enjoy it :)
Hi everyone

Thanks for all the tips, will definetly avoid the pizza.I plan to take a trip to the supermarket when we arrive to stock up for breakfast and lunches but will probably eat out for dinner most evenings. Is it far to walk to estartit village or would it be best to take a taxi.

Shellz
Its not far at all Shelz, about a 15 walk from the campsite gate until you hit the main streets (the supermarket at the roundabout).

Best to you left and along the dirt track, you can go the full way to the roundabout or half way along until you reach the La Masia hotel.

Also avoid the onsite supermarket if you can, use Lidl or the supermarket outside, so much cheaper and better choice.

Helen
Thanks helen,thats close enough for me,my local supermarket is roughly the same distance,holiday is almost 3 weeks away
and it cant come soon enough,counting the days now. Beckie we will probably be passing each other in the airport,il be flying in to girona from shannon,
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.