Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi johnny .. the E111s were phased out in 2005, and replaced by the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). The EHIC has a validity of up to 5 years, but the onus is on the holder to renew, as no reminders are sent. Hopefully your warning may serve as a reminder to everyone to check the dates on their EHIC. More info, along with application/renewal link, can be found in our EHIC topic ... please click here.

David :wave
thanks david, i just thought if i mentioned ehic it may not prompt people to check their medical cover, also be carefull when "googling" that there are sites that actually charge people to organise this card when its actually free.
So much for the EU. I wish my card lasted 5years, here in Germany I have to renew it every six months. I invarably forget, I came back yesterday from a couple of days in France and after reading this post I checked it and of course it's out of date. I must get more organised I live not far from four other countries where the card is valid andI spend time there regularly.
Thanks for the reminder.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.