Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
My daughter is in the Costa del Sol at the moment and has just confirmed the prices have gone up there as well! Ah well it was good while it lasted! John
I have had a P.M from Sanji also confirming that the prices have gone on the Costa Del Sol.

Sue :)
Some of you may remember that the Spanish government put the prices up a lot about two years ago. An example was Benson's went from about €26 to €38. It didn't last long, possibly two weeks(?) because the Spaniards, (a nation of smokers) were incensed by it. The prices went back down to the levels they were last month. This is probably the next step in the process.
Yeh I remember Golden Virginia been €45.00 then they lowered it to €35.00.

Nearly had heart attack yesterday when i went to get OHs cigs. yep gone up 5€ for 200. JPS Black!!!!!!! Wouldn´t be surprised if there are strikes again this year as petrol prices are very high here again! :(
I think that the increases are Spanish only. I do however think that we've had it good for far too long in the UK.

Try to pack in smoking is my personal advice.
Could we try and confine discussion to local products and prices on the Costa Blanca please, as we know from experience what happens when discussion is extended to include other smoking related issues.

Many thanks
David :wave
We've also just got back and got a shock. My friend luckily bought her Amber leaf on Tuesday. We left it until Thursday and suffered the increase.
i got stoped at newcastle in may coming back from barcelona.i had 20 sleeves of cigs and a hundread baccy.i explained i had nothing booked till october.he said he didnt want 2 see me till then.i said as far as i remember we live in a free democracy so i can travel any were any time i like.he left me through and gave me a booklet giving me all the details of border control.here is a paragraph from booklet.FOR MOST EU COUNTRIES ,THERE ARE NO LIMITS ON THE AMOUNT OF DUTY AND/OR TAX PAID ALCOHOL AND TOBACCO THAT YOU CAN BRING INTO THE UK AS LONG AS THEY ARE FOR YOUR OWN USE OR GIFTS AND ARE TRANSPORTED BY YOU.if you get stoped ask 2 c the booklet and go 2 page 5 and show them that.if it,s in black and white you have a bargaing stick. :whoops
Just came back from Barcelona airport myself.There were four lads waiting at the boarding gate with what I would class as a too a large a carry on case each.
One was struggeling to put his in the overhead bin when I was boarding.As a joke I said Fags are heavy arent they.Never thought any more about it.When I was going past the customs inspection room at Bristol on arrival who had they pulled.Yes you guessed it the four lads.Each had their bags contents on the tables.each must have had at least 20 packs of tobacco. :offtop
Thats interesting pedbookie, i never realised that you were allowed to bring tobacco products back as gifts for others, thought it was purely for personal use! Whats the title of the booklet and do you know if theres an on-line version?

Best REgards - Taggy
You can download the leaflet here:
http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageImport_ShowContent&id=HMCE_PROD_010821&propertyType=document

There has been no limit for ages now (certain EU countries still may have limits, Estonia, Latvia etc.), though others will go on about a Spanish law.
For gifts, it has to be a gift and NOT for payment in kind, though how they know beats me!!!!
It's not a crime to bring in more than 16 sleeves of cigarettes, just a crime to sell them - if caught obviously.
These price increases along with the poor £/€ rate will make it less lucrative to smuggle for finacial gain.

Robby :wink:
all jps down 1.50 euros today to 27 euros

Cool,thanks for that Kev,lets hope they drop some more soon.

How much are john players silvers for one sleeve
thank you
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.