Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
thank you ive read the reviews apartments sound good wanting to book direct :D
we stayed at these aparments on a last minute deal in sept 2005, loved them so much, booked to go back sept 2006 for 2 weeks. had been refurbed, me, hubby and our 2yr old have lovely memorys of cinco and puerto del carmen. :D

**Edit to remove bold as per t&c - Kath Admin**
Thank you blakey family for the reply they look really nice since refurbishment hoping to go for new year :D
Can anyone tell me the aprox length & width of the 4th pull out bed at these appartments?
Hello - Booked 2 weeks from 26th August to these appartments. Not that much information regarding these on this site. Can anyone answer the following :

Anyone stayed? Is it too hot in Aug/sept?

Are they and the area around them safe?

Is it costly to eat onsite?

Have i chosen the right resort - i have i boy [12] and a daughter [17].

Anyone else going at the same time?

ALL help greatly appreciated.

littlekev
Kev,

I've not stayed at Cinco Plazas but I believe it's perfectly OK, as far as I know it had a major revamp about 2 years ago.
It's right in the heart of the New Town about 100 meters down to the main strip where there's loads of bars, restaurants and shops and of course the main PDC beach.

Aug/Sept will be very hot, you need to be very careful with the sun, lots of people think 'oh, yea, yea,yea I know what I'm doing' but you really DO need to be very careful, the sun is unforgiving and can burn in minutes. As well as the health hazards it can spoil your holiday. Hopefully there will be a bit of a breeze to cool you down, but don't let this fool you.

In general the whole of Lanzarote is a safe place. The main nightlife area in PDC (Cenytro Atlantico) can get a bit drunken after midnight, but that's about it. However, there has been a recent spate of burglaries so lock your valuables in your apartment safe.

Don't know about eating on site, but there's loads of places to eat within a short walk and in general it's quite cheap.

PDC should be excellent for 12 yo boy and 17 yo girl - I know, I've got that particular t-shirt, my kids loved it at that age.

Have a great time - Ole
Thankyou ole !

Really looking forward to my holiday now. Done Tenerife, Gran Canaria and now soon Lanzarote. Just need Fuertaventura next then done all the canaries. Yet to have a bad holiday at any of the main resorts. So far, Gran Canaria was my fav but Lanzarote sounds promising too.

Once again, thankyou.

littlekev
I have been looking at these Apartments, they sound really nice

Im hoping to go end of August beginning of Sept

Excellent replies here
Well tatty - if you are going , i will be there at the same time flying from Manchester!

See you there!!
have you booked yet Kev?

I am still in 2 minds as we are also considering Greece, cant make our minds up
Yeah all booked up ! Like i said, flying from Manchester on 26th August for 2 weeks.

Greece is ok, but i have always prefered the Canaries. Turkey is a fantastic destination too. I have always fancied Lanzarote - so have take the plunge this year and all reviews on whatever site are excellent. Nothing like knowing from people who have actually been. So looking forward to it now.
I think we may choose lanzarote in the end... You never know Kev we may on your flight :lol:
Just got back from these appartments yesterday.

2 weeks of glorious sun but soured by the behaviour of the guests that are allowed to spoil other peoples holiday. The security and staff management are a complete joke.

If you are a family, stay away from these appartments.

I will post a full review when i have a little more time.
Sorry to hear you had a rubbish time at these apartments.

I got back this morning from Plaza Palmeras and we walked past these every day and night and they looked great.
Can anyone tell me if i would be able to book these apartments direct.
Thomson do them in a package deal but i dont like the days that they are flighing on this year and wanting to go at christmas time.
Cant seem to get the accommodation only through thomson website or on alpha rooms direct :?
Any suggestions are much appreciated thanks.
I've found the telephone number, maybe you could give them a ring and find out...

+34 (928) 514 020

Pippy :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.