Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I dont think there is much more to be said - Maggie says it all!

We enjoyed Natalies steak bar on the front, and liked visiting Icmelar - we walked there one day, blimey, its further than you think, especially in that heat dragging four kids behind you :lol: (we caught the Dolmus back :lol: )

Our friends recommended the Lazy day boat trip, and also the Talk of the Town show, we did neither this year, as our son was only 2, so I thought he was too young - maybe next year we will go...

Only 7 months and 1 day to go :lol:

Tracey
Does anyone know if these apartments can be booked cheaper than with Thomson / Portland? Not the Candan hotel on the front the new apartments. Thanks
Hiya chris/dave.... i went to club candan in oct last year, absolutly brill, while i was there i asked at reception about booking directly through them for this year, but i was told that i could only book up through thomsons! :?

clare...x
many thanks, will not bother scouting around anymore.
Hi... I've just booked these apartments for 31st May. Booked with Thomsons. I can't wait!!! :yipee
I stayed at the candan for a week at half term in october. It was the last week of the season so things were pretty quiet. The hotel itself is very nice lovely pool and the rooms are basic but nice. They did have activities throughout the day there were two english brothers who did most of the entertainment. It was ok but like I said it was late in the season. The candan is just around the corner from the weekly market. It is set on a very quiet road so it is very dark at night and not very pleasant to walk about but there is a cab rank directly outside. It is located right next door to a mosque so you have to get used to the chanting throughout the day,it starts about 6.30am but you do get used to it after a while. Anyone wanting anymore info just ask. By the way these apartments only cost us £35 for the week with thomson, so we got a real bargain.

diane.
I was there in October half term too, but we stayed at the Ekin. Only booked it a couple of weeks before we went and we got a bargain too. I quite enjoyed it in October, I found it so relaxing...but that might have had something to do with leaving the kids at home!!!!
Are you taking the kids to Club Candan peacelili?
We are going on the 28 May for two weeks, with our four kids, girls aged 14 and 12 and boys aged 11 and 3.
We booked last June, so it seemed ages off, not so long to go now :D
Tracey
I'm only taking one of them... my 12year old boy. My 17yr old daughter is planning a holiday with her boyfriend this year. Will probably see you there!!! :glynis
I'm sure you will - you wont be able to miss us with all the kids round the pool :lol:
:?: Hi I have booked these apartment going from Glasgow on 14th May for a week with hubby and 10 week old baby wonder what the place is really like..... :?:
Hi Katy....
There are lots of posts on Club Candan if you do a search you will many just like this lot.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=45170&highlight=club+candan+marmaris
Hi Katy we are also going to the club candan on the 14th May from Glasgow.
I am going with my 2 daughters and my 7 month old grandson.
From what i have heard the Candan is great. :D
we went to the club candan in august 06. had a brilliant time.booked to go back may 07 .the complex was excellent.
Can anyone tell me what the beds are like in the one bedroom apartments? Are they 2 x single beds or one double bed?
Can't help but i would say if they are 2 x single beds push them together,i find it better that way than a double bed as you can't feel the person next to you turning over and moving around like you can in a double bed!
Hi All,
Me and my wife and 3 kids,(11,4 and 3), oh and father in law will be going to Club Candan on 21/06/07 and all the reviews look really brill, so hopefully we wont be dissappointed. Has anyone stayed in a 2 bed apt before, and if so is there a kettle in the room (or will we have to buy a cheap ASDA price one)!!!and does the whole apt have air conditioning or just in one room? Are the 2 bed apts in one particular area of the hotel, i.e ground floor or are they randomly situated all over the hotel, i.e. pool facing, road facing, mosque facing!!

Also is the weather in June, early July does it get really humid at night or is it quite fresh. Just that a couple of years ago we went to Cyprus and was really humid at night so bad that everything was that wet it looked like it had been raining and trying to sleep, well you just couldnt!

One other thing, we were wondering if many of the local restaurants had childrens play areas for the younger kids, just so that we can get a little peace from the kids when eating!!!!

Cheers
hiya stolly.. i only had a 1 bedroom appartment at the club candan, so not sure where the 2 bed appts are situated.. so in ours there was only air conditioning in the 1 room, and we had been there 3 nights before we even figured out how to use it... there was however a kettle, fridge with mini freezer, breville toaster and mini cooker.
it was extremely hot in october, so i would imagine it will be just as hot... if not hotter in june!

enjoy!

clare
hi we returned home from the candan yesterday after a brilliant week but we were disappointed last night when we decide to look at cd of photos taken by the hotel photogragher that he had sold us ablank disc for 60 lira .we discovered that he left the candan at 5 on monday after he had sold us the disc earlier we have got some of the sample photos i have rung the hotel and hsve to ring back today.i feel upet because we went there with our twin sons for their 18th birthdays and this was probably the last family holiday.the photos were really good . sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.