Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Go there you will be glad you did.

Chris. :glynis
We stayed here in Aug 2004, that was our first time in Turkey, We had a one bed apt on the fourth floor over looking the road, we went half board but by the beginning of the second week were fed up with the food, and instead used local restaurants, which were excellent and quite cheap. The pub next door The castle was an ideal place to go , good food and the bar staff were a great laugh, this hotel is in a good location but i'd say go self catering so you can try all the lovely restaurants near by especially cousins just down the road. We will be back in Marmaris this year third time in a row.
Did anyone stay in the Club Cettia Resort last year ? I've been advised to stay away from the pool view / balacony apartments because of the smell of food cooking - can anyone confirm if this is true ? I've booked for July this year and have never been to Turkey before hope I will like it . Plesae let me know more about the Club Cettia Resort good or bad .

Many thanks

Sinead
just came back from two weeks staying at club cettia appartments, had a really good time appartments were very clean , there were 3 groups of us me and my husband and three children. and two older daughters and there partners and everyone enjoyed it, would reccomend it to anyone.. as some of the people that were getting of the coach to there appartments didnt look happy and i would have been dissapointed if you had seen the state of them. Club cettia swimming pool lovely everyone friendly our holiday i would give it 10/10 :lol: sandra
Hi all off to marmaris friday 22nd sept, staying at the cettia hotel all inclusive for 2 weeks, anyone stayed there have any comments, i have changed £500 into lira, can i use my normal bank debit card to withdraw cash out of atm, do i have to notify the bank or will it be ok, never been abroad before so all worried about the money side of things.
:D Hello

Never stayed at Cettia before so can not help

We have done A/I and are going ourselves on Thursday A/I you will really enjoy it.

We never get our money changed over before we go and even when we are there only change small amount for the taxi and dolmus

We pay in sterling for everything food clothes boat trips etc :lol:

In my opion you will have more than enough lira.

With A/I you can still eat out if food isnt that good has its cheap to eat but just rememember dont expect english breakfast etc in your hotel we normally have cereals and fruit or a yogurt

But you can get a full english breakfast for under £2 if you fancy one.

We do tend to enjoy the turkish meals in the hotel and do eat out time to time

We have used our cash card over there at the ATM with no problems at all

Please put a report on here on your return and let us all know how you enjoyed it.

What we did when we first ever went to Marmaris was write everything down from hints reviews on here i.e best places to eat best boat trips etc etc.

Take the notes with you and its a great help especially if you have never been before.

And the advice and information from H/T is just brilliant :)

The people on here and turkish people in Marmaris/Icmeler are just so friendly and helpfull. :lol:

You can shop till you drop in Marmaris with all the clothes watches and shoes(fake) but all good :P

Markets are the best i just love getting around them mind you when we first went i was wary

But now they know us i find it strange just how there all remember us each year.

So i hope you really enjoy your time in Marmaris :D

Im sure you will were are you flying from?

And are you going with kiddies e.tc?

I took my 2 yr old twin grand daughters in July this year and there loved it at first i thought oh my god it will be a nightmare but theycoped with the heat brilliant.

And have just booked flights for July 07 to take them again next yr along with my grandson .

The weather is still hot over in Marmaris at the moment so i wouldnt over pack your suitcases remember leave space for all your designer fake goods you will love it :D

Take Care Marion x

P.S go have a turkish bath within 2 days off your arrival there are great. :D
Me and my partner and another couple are going in may for a week i was just wondering if anyone has stayed at these or know of them and what they are like, we have never been to turkey before its never been a place i have fancied going aint got a clue why i am quite lookking forward to it now i just hope the appartments are ok and we have not made a mistake thanks for any information luv kelly and chris xx :D
hi chris
if you go back to the top of the page you will find the hotel reviews, if you click on that there are some reviews of that hotel.
never stayed there myself but its just down the road from my appartment never heared a bad report.
its in a good area, five minute bus ride from the main town and beach, but still plenty of bars and resterants all around where you are staying.
hope this helps
mike read
is this cettia in armutalan area,

can anyone give me directions from club julian

thanks pam xxxx
hi all

this is one of the hotels that i have picked for next july does anyone know if you can book direct or with finmeaccomm.com or one of these sites
as all the others ive picked you cant
club turquoise is one clib alize is another
already booked 7 flights for 490 quid
was excited now my excitment is dwindling rapidly :( :cry: :?
i want somewhere in the armutalan area but i dont want to cheapy cheapy if you know what i mean

please help its for my big 40 birthday

thanks pammie xxxxx :roll:
Hi Pammie

If you come out of club julian turn to your right walk along the road its a 10 to 15 min walk depending how fast you walk when you get end of that road its facing you at the other side of the road or if you want the scenic route get on the number 2 armutulan bus get of in the centre get on number 3 bus and it drops you outside cettia

Wendy
:D Hello

Has anyone stayed here this year yet?
Can you tell me the location off this complex please?
Got a good price for 2008 A/I
Any help will be gratefull :lol:
Page 6 on this site shows map of Marmaris, wish it could be a sticky!! There is also a whole topic on Cettia on same page . Getting another bargain? Good for you
Hi, Haven't stayed at the Grand Cettia but we did stay next to it, in the Sayar Apartmenrs in July for 2 weeks.
They are located in the Armutalan area of Marmaris, which is basically set back from the main road and beach. It is only a 10 minute walk down to the main road and a few mins more to the beach and sea front prom (where there are loads of bars and restaurants etc.)

There is also an excellant dolmus (mini bus) service from outside the Cettia, which takes about 5 mins to get down to the main road, and 5 more to get to the old town and marina area (more bars and restaurants there). The dolmus is the Number 3 (others are no good for that part of Armutalan) and they run every 5 mins or so, at peak times (7-8 in the evening) they are busy and sometimes are full, but another one will be along in a few minutes, you may have to stand but it's all good fun.
At night, you can get the No.3 back to the Cettia, it starts at the Tansas Supermarket near the Marina, runs along the main road, then turns right at the junction opposite the 'Point Centre' complex & GIMA supermarket (large black glass building on the corner opp Indian Restaurant. The last No. 3 dolmus to go back to Armutalan is at 12:45am opp GIMA. The fare is 1 T.Lira (0.40p) for any journey. A dolmus from the main road to Icmeler is 1.75 TL and takes 10 mins, the water taxi (boat) to Icmeler is a lovely journey, takes 25 mins and is 7.5 TL per person.

There are a number of bars and restaurants on the street outside the Cettia complex, eg Sarah's Bar, Elvis Rest. Baron etc, also shops and mini markets.

If you walk down the road past the Sayar Aparts, straight down past were they are building the new AIDA Apart. complex (no building work allowed during the season), you'll see the BLUE BAYS hotel directly across the road over the roundabout, if you turn left here, this is the main road along to the old town etc. If you turn right at the Blue Bays you'll see the hugh MIGROS supermarket a few mins along the road. Pleanty of shops, restaurants etc on the main road, but head to the beach prom for the real 'strip'. We ate at a variety of restaurants, all v.good, but we liked the REIS Bar/Rest at the far end of the prom past the Dilek Bar, lovely food, cocktails - 2 for 1 after 10:00, and some good live entertainment, belly dancer, BreakDance shows etc. Also the Terrena Rest with the roof top views over Marmaris.

Hope this helps,

If you want any more info etc, just ask, have a great holiday, it was hot,hot,hot in July!!!

Ray.P
Ray had to laugh sure Celine will appreciate your comments but she's a Marmaris pro :lol: She just needs an area and finds the most incredible deals!! Maybe we should all hire her for finding us holidays?? How about it Celine?? :lol:
Hello al321
How was the person who was good enought to reply to the above question really know that celine was a marmaris pro. I think you might have been a little condesending in your reply to his post.
:D Thanks Ray :lol: And Moira :lol:

Ray i really appreciate your reply yes I'm a Marmaris pro but still don't know my way around it all :lol:

But loved reading your reply it was really helpful we are actually staying at the Blue Bay Deluxe later this year

And we were there in Marmaris in July yes it was really hot on the Friday it topped 56deg never been that hot before.

I always find good deals don't know how i do it but i do :D

We always tend to stay on the main strip off Marmaris that's why i didn't know were Cettia was but you have been very helpful indeed

And thanks Moira i know you understand were I'm coming from :lol:

Ive found that many good deals for hotels for next year I'm not sure which to take already got our May one booked just the later in year one I'm not sure which to book.

Cettia looks fantastic also got a good price on Grand Pasa which we looked around in July its beautiful

Also good deal on Marmaris Palace reviews not good lately on that one

But thanks again for reply

Take Care Marion xx
Shirl I'm sorry if you thought i was being "condescending" .That wasn't my intention. Ray sorry if i caused any offence. It's just i had been chatting to Celine about her holidays and she always appears to be in Marmaris. I put the smiley face after the comment hoping people would realise i was joking :oops: It appears not so my apologies
Hi All,

Ref. the above posts - Absolutely no offence taken I can assure you.
I used to be on this Turkey forum a lot, but recently have been up to other things, so I wasn't aware of Celine's Marmaris connections, hence my detailed reply, which was given with best intentions to advise and help fellow HT users.

I have been to Turkey and Marmaris many times in the last 10 years, Mrs.P and I love Turkey and have been to most of the main resorts, often twice a year either with friends or, as this July, just the two of us.
We have always favoured good old Marmaris and although we don't go back to Marm "year after year", I always check it out when looking for a hol, be it our May break, main summer hol or an October week.

I have often read very useful information on HT (and other hol forums such as TA), all of which can really help when you are away on holiday, especially to somewhere you are not familiar with.
This July was our first time in the Armutalan area (stayed at the Sayar Aparts, got 2 weeks for only £242 each SC, a real bargain!), and I was a little worried that it would be too far back from the main street, beach front etc. I was given some great advice about the location and dolmus routes etc, this certainly helped us from the very first day we arrived as it was exactly as I'd been advised. So I was happy to be able to pass this on to others.

I notice that HT forums are used a lot by people to simply chat etc, which is great, but I am usually looking for information and advice, and I like to repay this with my own knowledge whenever possible.

Celine - thanks for your post above, shows you're a real HT pro.

Happy holidaying to All

Ray.P
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.