Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Club oceano pd
7 Posts
We have a review here Jim from this year:- http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/canary-islands/lanzarote/puerto-del-carmen/club-oceano-apartments/

If anyone has stayed here recently would you please add your review via the above link.

Many thanks :tup
Bit worried about replying as it's years since we stayed there, but in the absence of any other replies thought I would add my tuppenceworth. They are a relatively small apartment block and think are owned by the same people as own the Luz apartments.

We had a two bedroomed apartment that was a good size with a nice balcony, our kids were young so after having been out for an early dinner, we could sit outside with a nice bottle of wine while they were in bed. The pool area was relatively small although the terraces were adequate for the size of the place. Seem to remember it was approx a ten min walk to the seafront with all the restaurants and bars. A quiet place no entertainment from what I remember just a reception area, but please bear in mind this was at least 8 years ago, so may have changed.

We did a DIY there booking with direct with Club Oceano, someone at work recommended them to me. I think if you want quiet these may be for you as they are in a back street but with easy access to the front, although the area around them is other apartments etc not countryside if that makes sense.

Hope this is of some help, but maybe someone will have more recent info.

Doe :sun2
Glynis I hope you dont mind but I wont add a review in case its changed since I went.
Hi Jim :cheers Very well run complex. It's not too far from the sea front, nice apartments, nice bar area and very good food it you can't be bothered to go out at night. Can be very full of families with young children during holiday break times, which tends to make it not so relaxing ;) But definitely, IMO, a better choice than Elena, which is situated directly behind CC Atlantico.
Must admitt we were one of the families that madsue mentioned as we were there at a Spring Bank holiday half-term and it does attract a lot of younger families in school holiday times. Probably not enough there for families with teenagers though, if thats a concern.

I would think if you go outside main school holiday dates you should be fine for a quiet holiday, maybe a few families with pre-school kids I guess. It did seem a well run complex and for a number of years they kept sending me their brochure in the spring, but they have finally given up on me lol.

Doe :sun2
I stayed at Oceano in July this year and last year. I stayed at their sister complex across the road (Princess Ico) in September this year and spent some time at Oceano.

Its a lovely, well kept complex with 40 apartments, all overlook the pool and the ones upstairs have a sea view too. The apartments are very roomy and well equipped (I was in a one bedroom apartment and if its available, number 40 is huge!)

I looked around a few other complexes while I was there and didn't find any I liked as well as Oceano and IMO the location is perfect. Its far enough back from the main strip for insects not to be a problem but a very easy walk - five minutes down to the front, slightly more coming back as its up a hill but its NOT Cardiac Hill and I managed it easily despite some walking difficulties.

The food in the restaurant is excellent and reasonably priced (as are the drinks).

There are two Spar shops very close (nearer than the front) and another shop just up the road.

The pool is a decent size and has nice sun terraces and loads of sunbeds. I agree it can get noisy with kids during school holidays but no more than anywhere else. I'd definitely book it again, hope that helps :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.