Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
We are due to go to the hotel Rosamar in August. Notice that a few had mentioned the rosamar but can anyone tell me if there is anything happening near there that might affect our holiday.

Thanks, Karen
They are building a new apartment block near it, but by law all buiding work stops during July & August, so you will be fine. Karen
Are Benidorm building sites noisy? I can't say I've ever noticed over the racket made by the traffic, the coach horns, screeching brakes, the bin men, the police sirens, the drunken teenagers, the fireworks and all the other cacophony :lol: :lol:
If I wanted peace and quiet I'd go somewhere else :roll:
Thanks for the response both of you. I don't really bother with the noise either as you say it's all part and parcel with holidays. As long as it's not actually where you are staying. I just thought i'd check how close by it was going to be tho.

Thanks again

Karen x
went to benni last july colin www and i never herd any coach horns or seen any drunkin teenagers never realy heard the traffic at bed time i must just be lucky :lol: :lol: :lol: going again in july to the rosmar so hopefully it will be the same good and hot and very friendly
Must be just where i go then :lol: :lol: :lol:

Because there are never any parking spaces the delivery vans usually double park to drop stuff off at the bars, so the coaches can't get past. Generally they wait about twenty seconds and then let rip with their earth quake inducing air-horns :shock: (which the delivery drivers ignore!)

By the way, that last sentence in my other post wasn't a recommendation to people to go somewhere else, just a statement that the noise doesn't bother me :wink:
Have a great time Scarboroughsmoggy - let me know how it was.

It was superb, I loved it, I'm currently mightly depressed at being back home. :cry:
Yeah, the Rio Park is a lovely hotel and most of the staff are great too. I'm goin to the Rosamar in August and can't wait.

Karen
Are Benidorm building sites noisy? I can't say I've ever noticed over the racket made by the traffic, the coach horns, screeching brakes, the bin men, the police sirens, the drunken teenagers, the fireworks and all the other cacophony
If I wanted peace and quiet I'd go somewhere else

They can be off-season when initial ground laying work is going on with the large banging from the drillers and such

Only thing that ever kept me up in Benidorm was the binmen in the early hours and when I stayed in the Ariel Park many many moons ago...the crickets, but its so built up you just don't here the crickets anymore!
Building work near the Rio Park and Paraiso 10 Apartments is a bit noisy but not too intrusive. Although Thomsons were very underhanded in not informing customers about this work - we were certainly not informed about it before our recent stay in the Paraiso, although as we were there in December we were aware of it, but lots of visitors were not???
I've just come back from the Rio park last week and Thomson warned us well in advance of the building works, plus I never heard any noise from the building work, if I wasn't already aware of them I'd have thought they was none happening.
We arrived back from Benidorm on Tuesday. Our holiday was booked late March this year, and we definitely did not have any notification from Thomsons regarding the noise from the construction site, which admittedly is a few metres nearer to the Rio Park than the Paraiso 10. It would be interesting to know if Airtours had informed the guests at the Vistamar as they are as near to the work as the Rio Park???? Perhaps guests at the Rio Park are sound sleepers, but the noise of the vehicles reversing and some construction work could definitely be heard from the Paraiso 10.
Got back last night from a stay at the Regente. The building work opposite the Pelicanos Ocas starts 8.30 and goes on past 6pm. The piledriver, when used, can be heard down at the prom and in the Regente rooms - even with doors shut. It was quite odd walking around and suddenly hearing this great banging sound. Glad I was quite far away from it - the area looked pretty dusty as well.
Ms Peroxide,
I have just returned from here and I can honestly say this did not affect any aspect of our holiday whatso-ever, our room overlooked the works, the noise is not constant and it is not just the Pel/Ocas which is effected.

Ple4ase do not worry if you are staying here. I'm sure Sue will back me up on this when she gets home.
Hi can anyone tell me if the building work is still going on at pelicanos and next to the rosamar .Ive been reading the last reports regarding pelic.ocas im wondering if this is still ongoing thanks
Yes, Pelicanos/Ocas and Rosamar and all other hotels within a 500 metre radius. No getting away from it I'm afraid. It didn't spoil our holiday though. :lol:
Hi

Does anyone know when these works are due to finish?

I am planning on going back there in Sept and would like to know if it's going to be a hindrance to our holiday, i love this hotel so would be reluctant to book anywhere else.

cheers
As they are building a fourty storey building and are busy pile driving at the moment, I would state that they will deffinately not be finished by september 2007, September 2009 maybe........ :wink:
Don't worry, it didn't spoil our holiday. :D
The Torre Mediterraneo is expected to be finished in 2010....and the rate they are going at the moment, it will be 2010 ...although once the foundations are in, you just watch them throw it together upwards. :wink:

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiii
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.