Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
BUILDING WORK
111 Posts
stopping in the vistamar get there tuesday it was said that the building work stopped in july and august could any let me know if it as stopped thanks
Me and my wife are going to Rio Park on August the 12th, i will let you all know if the building work did stop. 8)
It would appear that just like last summer (when this topic started), the by-law which prohibits construction works during July and August is not being adhered to in some parts of the resort. I am trying to obtain information from Benidorm Tourism and Benidorm Town Council on the likelihood of enforcement.

David :wave
Hi we are here in Benidorm at the moment. We walk past the building work most days and it sounds like they are pile driving as its a constant thumping sound. I was quite surprised as we passed quite late in the day one eveing (about 8 in the evening) and it was till going on.
I have had a further e-mail from Benidorm Tourist Office regarding the ongoing building works, which just adds confusion to the issue.

They confirm that hotels Calypso and Rosaire (discussed in other threads) have no building works taking place within their premises, but they do confirm construction works still ongoing opposite the Sol Pelicanos/Ocas, and state that the hotel advises them that clients' holidays are not being disrupted as a result.

However, with regard to the compulsory stoppage of construction works during July, August and Easter Week due to a local by-law, this is where the confusion creeps in. According to the tourist office, works would normally stop around those periods as this is when construction workers traditionally take their holidays. But that is a decision taken by individual construction companies, and the by-law prohibiting construction works only applies to homeowners carrying out works on their own properties. That contradicts a similar situation last year, when TUI reportedly persuaded Benidorm Town Council to invoke the by-law in relation to major building works taking place close to the Rio Park.

I have not as yet heard from Benidorm Town Council.

when i go to rio park in 3 weeks i will take some pictures/ videos of it and write a review when i get back.
Thanks kurpter ... the construction works of main concern this year appear to be those opposite the SolPelicanos, rather than those opposite the Rio Park, but we would obviously be interested in the current situation near the Rio too.

no problem, i'll go and check out SolPelicanos whiile I'm there too and check that out. anyone know how far it is from rio park?
we are just back from the rio park.the building work is still going on .if you have a pool view it isnt a problem.the balcony doors are double glazed and seam to keep the noise out.i have to say it isnt really too bad.you can hear it from the pool but it isnt constant and it never really interfered with our holiday.we did suggest to rio park that they play music at the pool area but they said it might disturb people on the lower floors which i thought was strange.hope this helps..charlie
I am leaving on 31st july to stay at rosaire.Got letter from mytravel today telling us that building work will be going on between 8am and 6pm approx 250 metres from hotel. My travel have asked rosaire management if there customers can be roomed to the rear of the hotel away from the building works.
I take it from reading previous threads that it is down to individual companies whether they work or not.
Hi gerry ... from what Benidorm Tourism tell us today, it appears to be a decision for individual construction companies, although that was not the impression given during a similar situation last year.

As far as the Rosaire is concerned, it seems from recent posts in our Hotel Rosaire thread that at least one tour operator is contacting clients regarding alternative accommodation, perhaps partly because the hotel will not be able to meet all tour operator and individual requests for rear facing rooms.

Hi All,
Wondering if anyone could give me an insite into the building site next to Rio Park please. Would really love to go there in June but putting me off a bit. :think Thanks
Wondering if anyone could give me an insite into the building site next to Rio Park

I can't comment on the noise level because being Christmas there was no work being carried out, but the two towers (Torres D Oboe) are well above foundation level now.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/5610/cutzc2.jpg

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/9876/grabbedframe6if7.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5927/grabbedframe7zw2.jpg

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Oh and while I'm in this thread.....
The progress regarding the Torre Mediterraneo, opposite the Hotel Ocas, again no work being carried out due to the holidays, but I didn't even bother to film that site because it's still just a mess and they are still doing the foundations, although the heavy machinery was not on the site when I looked, but that doesn't mean it has gone for good....

They are going to have to "shift some" to meet the deadline/expected date for completion on that project. IMO

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Oooh er, Thank you Sanji not sure what to do really, at least they are built in a fashion, not thumping down the soil, How quietly do you think they'll be at putting glass in and plastering? Dont suppose you know when the finish date is? :que
Stayed in the flamingo in january just up from the building work and can honestly say it never bothered us. We hardly heard a thing :tup
Dont suppose you know when the finish date is?

Well it's certaintly not going to be the year 2008 ,the official expected "turn over of keys date" for Torres 1 & 2 is October 2009.

Another tower has just been given building approval....making it 3 torres in total, although the 3rd torre is set further back on Calle Lerida.

My personal opinion is, that depending on which side of the hotel you are allocated a room, this will determine whether you hear any noise or not and it all depends on your personal level of noise tolerance and how much time you're planning on being in the hotel.
Nobody can decide that...only you.
I have a very low noise tolerance for certain things :oops: and the last thing I want on holiday is to hear an electric drill whining away in my earhole all day long....but, that's just me.!...others may find it acceptable and not an intrusion at all.

http://www.idealista.com/pagina/promocion?&numeroFoto=0&secc_promo=datosbasicos&codigopromocion=000038367&edd=&numPromo=&op=ampliarfoto

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
We are just back from the Pelicanos. Our room overlooked the large pool. I wasn't that aware of the noise, but then again, hardly in the room and we didn't sit at the pool, we were at the beach every day.

We did walk upto Rio Park (for old times sake!!). I noticed they are preparing the land for building across from the cafe bars Cheap+Cheerful and Shannon's. That will certainly put us off our cheap ale when we return on October!!
Thanks to you all for the info. :cheers I'll keep an eye and ear out for more before I book.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.