Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hello Lou

We go to Turkey every April, for the last 3 years to Lara Beach. Weather usually great, plenty hot enough for sunbathing.

We had one bad day last year when it rained till about 3pm, rest of the fortnight was sunny and warm.

Just come back from Tenerife last Friday, there was more cloud and rain during my weeks stay there!!

Hope that helps :sun2
Hi Lou.As markers says the weather is normally pretty good.Sun appears around 10-00 am and disappears about 4 to 4-30 pm.We live about 4 k from Lara Beach so we do know.

Ian
Thanks guys for your replys. After holidaying in Turkey this summer we really don't want to go back to the Canaries. We loved Turkey so much that I'm afraid Spain et al will just not cut it any more

Lou
one of my customers,went to olu deniz this april,although it was the last 2 weeks & she came back,with a lovely tan.i was quite surprised & gave my the confidence,to book next year,for early may.
tracy
I used to live in Turkey so I spent a few Aprils there. It was always very nice, warm and sunny, fine for sitting on the beach, although the sea is absolutely freezing that time of year. The evenings can still be quite chilly though so you will need a jacket or something. It is a nice time to go though.
It sounds very similar to the Canaries. When we went to Lanzarote in April this year it was quite chilly first thing until the sun came through and in the evenings it was leggings and fleece weather if sitting outside. My aunt and uncle went to Turkey in may and they thought it would be too cold for us but I just think we need to bite the bullet and go...

As long as it's warm enough during the day that will do for us.

Cheers
lou uk
We go to Turkey at Easter every year, and it is a lovely time to go.
Lara beach is where we go to or Belek. It can get in to the high 20,s and we always come home tanned. Next year Easter is later so we are going 2 weeks later than this year and expecting it to be even better. 13 out of 14 nice days this year and last year we had 2 days where it rained in the morning but was lovely by lunch time.It is warming up before 11am most days and we are sat out at the pool bar until 5.30 pm-6pm most days!
The Barut Lara had a pool with the chill taken off it and an outdoor area coming off the indoor pool.
There are loads of us booked to go next Easter.
We went on the 30th March this year and they had opened 2 outdoor Al a cartes before we came home. You needed a light jacket!
There are people swimming in the sea !
Agree with Violet123 (how are you?) we have been several times in April (even early April) and had the most beautiful weather - plenty hot enough to sunbathe. The only downside is that the pools are really cold at that time of year (although it certainly didn't put my grandkids off), the sea is warmer and it does get a little chilly at night and you would probably need a cardi (not coat) especially if sat still at one of the outside bars.
I prefer April/May (and September/October) as we have been in July and it was far TOO hot! Very uncomfortable!
We've been going to up near to Altinkum for Easter for the past few years and we adore it then. The countryside is so fresh and green with flowers everywhere. Weather varies from year to year. It is a bit cooler than where you are staying, but even so, we are in summer clothing and shorts most of the time during the day. The wind if it blows can make it a little cooler than one would wish, but in a sheltered spot you would be fine. Some days it may rain, but that is mainly confined to the very beginning of the month. I have got burnt and do come back looking healthy. I simply then and I'm sure you'd have an enjoyable time.
Hi Denny, I am fine thanks and you? How was Mexico?
Lou-uk, you certainly need your suncream in April and I have seen burnt backs and shoulders!
If you in the big AI hotels the evenings are great although it is indoor entertainment at that time! I am hopeful that next Easter will see it moved outside before we come home on the 29th April which actually is coming up to the start of summer season!
Plenty of brits in Lara nowadays unlike when we first went in 2005.
Violet 123 Hi i have tried to PM you however message wont send :que I was looking for some help with the Paloma Renaissance Hotel and the surrounding are the PM read as below hope you get to read it and offer some help ? thanks

Hi Violet apologies in advance to trouble you however after reading one of your posts it would appear you have stayed at the Paloma Renaissance Hotel and we are due to go there for 3 weeks in March 2012, would you have any tips or advice for the hotel and area please, though we are staying AI we do like to get out and about a bit (I am disabled) around the local area and a few trips into other areas also subject to trains and buses.
My usual research has not drummed up the usual results all reports on hotel are good but not many tips about it and very little info on the area as a whole.

Any help would be great again apologies for the PM
Thanks in Advance Neil + Sue
We went to icmeler via Antalya last April (first week of)it was sunny and warm but not beach or pool warm it was cold at night and not much was open in fact very little was open,Antalya was very busy through the day but ghostly at night,you can check the weather archives on wunderground weather
We also have an extensive weather related topic with daily weather updates through the holiday season; WEATHER: reports, news, Q&As.

Darren
Going to Turgutreis with my friend (who used to live there) for a week on 11th May. What is the weather like in May? :sun2 . Also hoping that all the bars and restaurants will be up and running?
pargaluvva,

Please refer to the topic I posted above. It'll be warm through the day (May averages 26c) but may feel a little chilly at night (May averages 19c). There's a chance of a storm or two at that time of year, if you're unlucky.

Darren
Weather in May is usually lovely, hot in the day but not scorching and pleasant in the evenings, although best take a cardi just in case it does cool down. Everything will be up and running in Turgutreis by then.
Thanks Darren and Kedi. Have to say Turkey would not be my first choice (cos I love Greece) but looking forward to it.
hi we stayed in icmelor last april we sunbathed every day,went on boat trips and jeep safri and swam in the sea.the pool was cold and the evening not for sittng outside,but the bars had nice wood burners/w are going again this aprilthere were plenty of bars and restaurants open.
Our first visit to Turkey was in the April and it was lovely and warm the sea is freezing as already statede as it hasn't been on the heat much yet :)
We're going April/May this year.
It only rained once when we went but that only lasted for 2hrs then it was really warm so we then went out for dinner.
You will find it really great. :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.