Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
we might get a bit more for our pound than we have been getting recently.
The ECB is set to reduce their interest rate to 1% tomorrow , this brings it down more closely to our interest rate and may well strengthen the pound against the Euro?

so heres hoping.
lets hope we get more this year i was getting 125 last year in salou.
There are plenty of banks around and as far as I know, they will all accept Visa debit cards.

Sue :)
There's even a Barclays! I used the machine outside last year and also the machine at the Abbey (Banco de Santander).
Does anybody know who is providing the best exchange rate in the UK at the moment ?
Don't bother changing money in the uk, change it in Benidorm, you always get a lot better rate
I don't know if you have one but the best rate around our way seems to be at the money converters, it's one of those places where you can also cash cheques. They are offering a better rate than The post offfice and the High street travel agents at the moment. I used to find M&S and Tescos quite good but it doesnt seem to be the case anymore.
I think fuzzyfell, been a frequent visitor to Benidorm will know that the rate is usually better in resort but probably doesn't want to arrive without any euros to be going on with.

5 weeks until my first trip of the year, 8 until my second and 22 until the third.

This is a post by Fuzzyfell made the other day.

Does anyone know of a reliable bank that i can withdraw money from near the flamingo benidorm hotel. also would i get more euros if i took english money rather than sterling traveller checks. and where is the best places to exchange money. i know iam asking lots of questions about this, but iam trying to get the best info. :) :) sorry lol
Thanks for your reply Sue, I'm not sure if there is a money converter near us. I will have a look.
The post office is offering 1.10 today so not too bad.
I need about 150 euro's when I arrive to pay for the transfer and get a few bits before I go to the cash machine.
You are right I am a frequent visitor to Benidorm I have lost count but it must be close to 50 visits in the last 20 years.
Hi Fuzzy Hell ... for info and advice about currency exchange in the UK rather than on the Costa Blanca, you may be better in THIS topic.

David :wave
:whoops I think they call it cash converter not money converter.

Hi all

Im normally on the Bulgarian threads but Im going to Torrevieja in july with the family so Ive dipped in this one. :cheers

As I rule I always get sterling changed abroard so does anyone know what the current exchange rate is in abbey spain/bank de espania etc

M&S in uk is currently offering 1.0876

I know its all much of a muchness for with 2 grands worth of sterling I may be able to save 50 quid if i box clever

your help is appreciated :tup
Cheers buddy :wave:

I hear the rate is meant to be going up later this year so im guna hang on as late as poss, way i see it spanish banks should never be lower than high street in the uk...

lets hope it goes up before the summer!
The rate seems to be going up a bit, 1.14 at the barrel today.

Hi there. We are off to Punta Prima in less than 2 weeks. Best online UK exchange is kensington currency exchange. Next day special delivery. Used them loadsa times. Always much better than any t/agent, P/O etc

Thanks
Tonya
Hi tonya what exchange rate are you getting from that company ..I noticed it doesnt give you the rate you need to call or mail them .. Kind regards mazza
Hi Mazza. It was 1.12e to the £ last week. I know its dropped and but then went back up again yesterday. If you email/phone Sammy there at Kensington, he will give you quote. You either pay into RBS or Lloyds over-the-counter or online banking, then they email you to confirm that they have recieved it and post out next -day- signed for Special Delivery.
If you want more than £500, its free delivery. If P/O is 1.10 to the £, it will be better than that-probs about 1.12/1.13 to the £.
Hope that this helps.

Thanks
Tonya
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.