General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi :D

I use daily disposables all the time a fresh pair every day. On the very few occasions I have taken them out and wanted to put them back in I have just stored them in saline solution in one of the old fashioned lens cases.

You have to be really careful as the quality of them is so poor (deliberately so you can't reuse them :roll: ) that they tear as soon as look at them so take them out gently and pop them straight into saline (bottle bought from Boots). You can probably only do this once with any set.

Trouble is carrying the saline will kind of defeats the object of not carrying solutions. I have done it once with tap water :oops: but OUCH! too harsh.

Doe :D
They're so thin you honestly don't know you have them in. I've slept in them before with no after effects. The only time I've used any extras is if I've dropped or torn one or got something in my eye, other than that its just a pair a day.
Thanks Doe and Silverpixie. I think I will just see how I go. I am using them at the moment as got a free trial and am fine during the day. Hopefully as I get more used the them I will be OK for wearing from morning until late evening. I have napped in my hard lenses and although I wake with scratchy eyes for a bit it soon wears off. I don't want to take any extra solutions so perhaps it would it be possible to keep the little solution packet it comes in. I could use that again I suppose.

Thanks

Trish :D
I have used them for years on many a holiday normaly put them in at about 8 in the morrning and take them out at about 2am when we get back from a night out and have never had any probbs even when i have a nap. when i am at home i only wear them on a sunday for the pub (i wear glasses the rest of the week) and again they are ok. have fell a sleep all night with them in before the only thing i found is when you wake up its like a foggy day they are all steamed up :lol: :lol: but got them out no probbs so you should be ok have fun

the fatboy
I have just recently started using daily disposables, I've never used any contact lenses before and decided it was high time I did the free trial. I wasn't sure at first whether I'd be able to wear them all day on holiday (initially I found them very "dry"), but now I've been using them for a few weeks and I've got used to them I will definitely be wearing them from morning till bedtime when we go away this August.
I have "dozed off" with them on a lazy Sunday afternoon or two and been OK when I woke up (although I'm sure your optician wouldn't recommend this...) As long as you remember to take them out at bedtime and let your eyes "breathe" then it should be OK.
There was another thread a few weeks ago about wearing them on the plane.
Thanks for all the positive information. I am getting used to wearing them for longer now so I am quite sure I will not have any problems by the time we go away. I am also glad about the napping bit. My optician was quite shocked when I asked them. Do any of you take any eye drops incase this happens or for general use anyway?
I don't bother with eye drops and I have 'napped' quite successfully in them for years. It just requires a bit of furious blinking when you come round from your nap, just don't rub your eyes straight away as they may tear, and then you will need to put new ones in.

Doe :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.