Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi all,
sorry to jump airports but has this happened in antalya airport yet,going there next sunday,any info would be great, :thanks :tup
sent email yesterday no relpy as yet
me to maverick , not to complain as yet ,but just to poltiely ask about baggage allowance.

bluepeterno1
ive also sent an email, no reply as yet.
I got a reply from the terminal duty manager saying basically. Please be advised that all airlines have their own excess baggage procedures.
When you are at check-in you will be notified whether you need to pay or not according to the weight allowed on your ticket. It doesn't really deal with the question of people being asked to pay for excess baggage that they may not have.
i doubt they'd admit to anything anyway. it will be interesting to read what we all go through after our holidays, i fly out this friday. 7am.
i would be really surprised if they would admit to charging extra bagaage when cases were not over the limit that would leave them open to prosicution.i got more or less the reply .

bluepeterno1
The point is if we let them know of the situation, it might get looked into.
going out at Newcastle airport it stated baggage allowance 33kg with Onur Airline

Celine, I think you read it wrong. The 33kgs relates to the maximum allowed in one case. This is not your allowance which is 20kgs and is clearly printed on your tickets.

Tim
i fly out 18th may so will let you know how we get on
going out at Newcastle airport it stated baggage allowance 33kg with Onur Airline

dont tell our lass( although she would still be over) :roll: :lol:
I just got a reply from the email, later it seems than others, it basically says its a carrier issue and not the airports however it does state:

You can also ask for the calibration certificates of the scales, we are sure you will be relieved about teh issue.

Phil
i also asked why travellers last thoughts of turkey was the cost of food and drink at dalaman im still waiting a reply on that one
i also got told that it is posssible to see the cailbration certificates and it is an airline issue
i bet they think im a moaning git
Id agree with you on the food and drink costs. Last year I was witness to a very angry passenger in a departure lounge when he was asked to pay £7GBP!!! for a cup of tea.

It also cost us £32 for 4 Medium McDonalds Meals, which in the UK would of cost us less than £15
thats why i have emailed them on this point this must be under there control
good one maverick, be interesting to see if they reply to that, maybe we could start a petition up on high airport prices and send it to them so they know how many people disagree with their high prices and think they are ripping travellers off lol
if only they could see a smaller profit makes a quicker return ,
maybe everyone that feels this way should email them some one should take note
ok ive emailled them re the excess charges in baggage and high food and drink prices lol, they are going to love me, doubt i will get a reply, i was very polite and complimentary about their country too
who we all emailing :lol: ,i too think the prices are terrible,even tried getting sandwiches in resort which werent to good,to take with us,i suppose if its youre last visit you dont mind paying in lira ,but im sure theres people like us ,this is our second visit this year already ,going on monday,and no doubt try and have another 3 holidays there before end of season ,
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.