Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Dentists!!
227 Posts
im on the pain yes i mean dentist
Hi jimm.

I can recommend Dr Ambert in Calangute, just up the road from Candolim. There is a thread about himhere and his contact details.
Hi Jimm

I can recommend a dentist in Candolim Dr Soniya A Naik Gaunekar. I have just returned home on Friday having had a bridge fitted containing 4 units. O/H had a scrape & polish & daughter also had treatment to do with root canal.

Her surgery is spotless and location is opposite Cactus Shepards Pie above Simy (internet shop), opposite end of block from Liwandes supermarket. You go to the side of the shop & upstairs to the 1st floor.

If you want her phone number than just pm me.

Thanks
AJ
If anybody needs the name of a superb dentist in the South (Margao) let me know.
Jimm, I have sent you a pm

AJ
hi jim very good dentist in candalim dr.sharmila opposite mango grove
Been going to Sonya in Candolim for 2 years now,Well recomended. :lol:
dr ambert pimenta in calangute, definately the best and GREAT with nervous patients.....i know i am one!!!! :oops:
As you can see there are loads of good dentists in Goa.....more than can be said around these parts!

We used Mr Patil in Calangute - in the Plantain Leaf building. You will see the signs at first floor level. Spotless and pain free!

Hope you find one that does the trick!
I went to Dr Amilla d'Souza in candolim last year.
just past the football ground on right hand side. There is a sign to tell you where to go.
This is a local dentist and had the first pain free dentist experience of my life.
They have 2 practices, I saw Fern, very gentle (and pretty).
I can vouch for what Ameliajane said, i had a scrape and polish for 500r was in the dentist for nearly an hour. Spotlessly clean and a very friendly.
Hi, I too can vouch for Dr. Amelia D`Souza, in Candolim, she was great, my MIL wanted a bridge doing but she said she had an absess and wouldnt advise doing it until the absess had gone - gave her antibiotics, didnt charge her and said come back next year for the bridge, had my teeth whitened, My sister had had an operation on her gums just before she went away and had to go and get it checked 2 or 3 times whilst we were there, again no charge! I have her number if you need it, PM me,she is a very nice lady, (just talks alot)!
Goanne
Any recomendations for South Goa?
Any recomendations for South Goa?

Dr Ambert, mentioned above as in Calangute, also is in Fatorda, by the stadium at the north end of Margao. Can recommend him, a friend has some work done in February.
For South Goa, can without question recommend Dr Hubert Gomes Dental Clinic in Margao his website is http://www.dentistingoa.com or http://www.drhubertgomes.com he also only charges local prices as opposed to tourist prices
Thanks for the links. Has anyone used the ones in Margao or Cavalossim. First hand info would be good. I am considering implants so would like reasurance that I am putting my mouth in good hands! Im not going to pay UK prices but I want 1st world treatment not 3rd world but at third world prices if that is possible
We had treatment at Dr Gomes a couple of weeks ago and will definitely be visiting him every year from now on. I know another regular on the forum has been using him for sevral years.
Thanks TJ, I will definately check Dr Gomes out when I go back home
I went there in March 2007, and I had a root canal done in one hour for £40. Just wanted to say that I have had no trouble with it so far, and I cannot recommend the clinic enough! Also had the teeth bleaching done for £110. Also, very good!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.