Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Dentists!!
227 Posts
Dr Shamilla next door to the bent babmboo,(candolim) she is so nice and the surgery is very clean
Hello
Am going to Goa in November and am seriously thinking of having some dental work. Can you recommend dentists, approx prices and websites, etc. We are staying in Calangute, but don't mind travelling a reasonable distance.

Thanks
Chris
hi Chris and welcome to our forum. We have had quite a few queries re dentists. If you go to "search" at the top of this page and put in dentist and Goa for the forum, you will find a lot of useful info :D, although I'm sure members will still add to this thread!
Can definitely recommend Dr Hubert Gomes in Margao we both went to him in March and were delighted. We will definitely visit every year from now on. He also charges local prices http://www.dentistingoa.com and http://www.drhubertgomes.com
Smile dental clinic in central Calangute is very good, we have used it on our last 2 hols in Goa for fillings and whitening and have been very pleased with the results.
In December I had 4 fillings and a scrape and polish which cost approx £30 - £35.
It is on the road near the Rock cafe which is easy to find.
i can recommend Dr Ambert Pimenta, he has done a superb job on both mine and my husbands teeth, i am the most nervous patient that you can imagine and i have no qualms about going back next year and having more work done, he is great.

contact him http://www.goadentist.com

he has lots of patient testimonials, and his work is excellent

J :D
Can also recommend Dr Ambert

Has to be one of the nicest dentist suregeries I've ever been to anywhere!
hi calhorn

i cant praise ambert enough!!! i am/was a COMPLETE chicken :oops: when it comes to dentists as i have had 2 bad experiences when i was younger and even for me to walk into a surgery gives me the shakes, but hubby had a load of work done last year and when a met ambert and saw what a nice chap he was i decided that i would (maybe) give it a go next time i went to goa. well we went in march, and i even surprised myself (and Dr ambert still has all his fingers intact!!!! ) he was SO patient i couldnt have asked for any better service, i am now a reformed character!!!!! (well almost!!)

J :)
I use Dr. Sanjay Vaz, he's excellent and lots of our friends have used him for many years. He does everything,bridgework and implants.

His office is opposite Johny's chemist in Calungute, into a small arcade and on the first floor.Just found telephone No.(0091-832) 2279623.

I had two lots of bridgework done this year without a problem.I cannot recommend him enough and thats from personal experience and the recommendations of many friends.
I know someone who has been making enquiries via e mail re. dental implants. He has been advised to stay in Goa for six months after the procedure in case of problems. This seems a bit excessive and would be a bit impractical work wise etc. but my friend is very keen to have the work done in Goa. Is there anyone on the forum who can recommend a dentist in particular for the treatment, and also is a 6 month stay afterwards really needed? Many thanks for any advice.
My husband had an implant done, you do not need to stay for 6 months, he had it done on a 2 week holiday, but initially the implant is temporary and will have to be replaced with permant one if it takes ok, so you will need a 2nd visit,

Lin
Thankyou for that lin b :) i will pass on that info to my friend. Lisa.
hi dr ambert is great he done my husbands teeth (crowns), all of the front teeth so they had to be good i was shocked to say the least but now i am use to them there fab, he was very good with me and i wasn't even the patient :oops: so he is worth a visit.
Hoping someone can give me some information on this dentist, i am going to make an appointment with him for january, tightjock has told me a little but i was hoping to find someone who has been using him for some time, i know i need implants amonst other work, would be great to hear if anyone eles has had this done also, i would be gratefull for any any information. Many thanks :)
Sent you p.m. with information.
Although I have no query about this particular dentist, can someone give me an idea what to expect to pay for an implant in Goa? Thanks.
:wave I used to have a link for the goadentist .and on his page it told you the time and how hot it was in goa .......would anyone have this link at all please ....colleen
Thanks gooner fan. I have had a good read and found the information most interesting. This dentist surgery looks very impressive compared to one I visited in Mapusa years back! (what it lacked in modern equipment they more than made up for by their excellent service).

We will have to check this place out in November.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.