Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
desperate!!
10 Posts
Sorry I can't help, I have never been. Hope someone replies soon, they are very good on this board.
hope so i go next week!!

thanks anyway
Suggest you run Lido di Jesolo Tourist Office through Google or another search engine. You should get some useful response.

I haven't been but from travelling in other seaside towns in Italy, I would think you could look forward to a sandy beach, split into sections either belonging to hotels or open to paying guests. These have sunbeds and parasols and often showers and refreshment facilities. There will be some public beach areas, and the first 2-3 m or so from the water will be for everyone to use.

You can also expect a time in the evening when the shops stay open and people walk around and chat (the traditional 'passegiata'). Consequently shops may not open as early as you'd like and certainly will close in the middle of the day till about 4-5 pm for a siesta.

You can travel by train to Venice and Trieste, also further afield such as Verona and Milan. There may also be water boat excursions to Venice and to Portoroz or Piran in Slovenia ... take your passport and have a wonderful day.

You'll need Euros for Italy, and they can easily be obtained as and when you need them from 'holes in the wall'. Don't forget your E111 either!

This is very general info, but really hope you have a great time.
Hi

will be in Jesolo myself from 26th June. Did'nt know much about it myself really but found some good info on http://www.jesolo.it check it out and see what you think. Hope it helps
stef :wave
thanks everyone i went to jesolo in the eighties and it wasas you described then!
i was more concerned about the cost of living etc as when we went to florence two years ago it was scary!
Hi what dates are you going to be in Jesolo and where are you staying ?

We will there from 26th june till 3 july after a weeks cruise around the med. We are staying at the Hotel Cambridge

stef :wave
See thread Lido di Jesolo from last October, brought back to near the top of the forum
Oh, i just noticed this thread, sorry for not replying, but i see bloovee has bumped the old Jesolo thread to the top, so if you cant find what you are looking for it there, ruth, feel free to ask some more questions! :)
thanks all
will be in jesolo 22-29th june staying at the plaza
where are you staying?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.