Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Suzanne,

We are flying out on MOnday Evening from Gatwick think its about 7.30pm not sure which airline.... Thomas Cook I think. Have you been out there before, are you going out there in shortly? Where you staying?
hi all

i went turkey last year i stayed at the baba hotel in gumbet !! it was lovely!!

this year im goin back and am stayin in jasmin there will be 3 of us going 3 girls 19 18 and 17!!! we cant wait!! can anyone tell me where abouts jasmine is situated compared to hotel baba ??!!

xxxxx :thanks
Hiya,

The Jasmin is further out from the centre of Gumbet - if you go to the beach outside the Baba hotel, and turn left, The Jasmin is almost at the end of the beach, before the road that takes you to the jetty and the boat trip boats.
Its a 10-minute walk from the Jasmin to Bar Street.

Elaine
thanx hunni

i went to a bar called jasmin garden on the corner down that end is it anywhere near there?!

also has anyone been to roxy bar?! xxxxxxxx
also do you know if you can use the babe beach if your not staying there?! xx
Hiya,

I don't remember seeing the Jasmin Garden bar, sorry I don't know if thats attached to the Jasmin Beach apartments. They are at the bottom of the hill where the windmills are, at the end of Gumbet bay.

Anyone can use the beach anywhere along the main stretch, usually the sunbeds are free.

Elaine
thanx again!! im so excited 4 weeks to go!!!
we're flying on monday night later than you though from a different airport. we're going to gumbet.
to all those going to gumbet try the RED DRAGON,we had some great nights there last year,good atmosphere and like everywhere else friendly staff.
c.p.
Post written in phone text style deleted.

luci - HT Mod
i agree RED DRAGON is well gd i got offered a job there last year!!!

xxxx
Is Curly, the guy who encourages you to eat there still working for the Red Dragon?
if curly is the one who gets everyone up to dance,and takes them out on to the street dancing,yes he is still there,well he was in April when they were getting it ready to open for the summer.
i have been told that beaches by jasmine apartments are stoney. were are the best beaches in gumbet please
Just wondering if any of you know of any :?: If you post a link :wink:
camel beach is the best beach it is worth spending a day there the sea is much better there too!

luv KK
Camel Beach isn't in Gumbet though - you would have to get a taxi there, or take 2 dolmus (minibus) - one into Bodrum, then one from Bodrum out to Camel Beach.

The beach at Gumbet isn't so stoney you can't walk on it - its more a mix of sand and grit.

For the clearest water, you'd have to walk to the other side of Gumbet bay from where you are - over beside the Zetas bar and Mels hotel on the beachfront.

Elaine
Hi we are going to Gumbet in August I just wanted to know what poeple think or like oabout Gumbet. :lol:
the boys, the bars, the fishbowls, the music, the food.

luv KK
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.