Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
ha yes it is! going back in spetember! to do it all again!

luv KK
From a families point of view -

I love Gumbet because -
Its only 20 minutes drive away from Bodrum airport;
Its not a huge resort, so even on the outskirts, you're only 10-15 minutes walk away from the beach, shops, and restaurants;
Turkish people absolutely adore children, and so, because our children are looked after so well, us parents feel more relaxed too;
Theres a lot of family-oriented entertainment in the dancing bars away from Bar Street;
Turkish brand fruit ice lollys are yummy :hyper ;
Its just over the hill from Bitez, which has a better beach for children - a long bay with very very clean, shallow water;
The shopping is great - everything from bucket & spades and beachwear, to fake Gucci, Prada etc shoes and bags, designer label clothes, lovely leather, and of course beautiful Turkish gold jewelry;
And last but definitely not least - the people you will meet there (Turkish and British) will be the icing on the cake of your holiday, and you'll make friends for life.

Elaine
Is there any links to live webcams for the gumbet area? :roll:
No webcams that I know of Simoted -
It would be a great idea though.

Elaine
Try X-Bar in Gumbet - nice and safe for Teenagers or youngsters and the Staff get everybody up to dance.

Toffeemen
im going to bodrum on the 4th of july, could u give me an insight into the nightlife there, best places etc..
kel_15_lancs - try the Fora Bar in Bodrum - there are loads of places - just listen outside for the type of music you like.
We prefered Gumbet for the night life - only about 10 mins away on the Dolmus (about 65p) - loads of Bars and Discos .

Have a great time - we are giving Bodrum a miss this year and trying Icmeler.

Toffeemen
Hi Everyone, have been ordered by my girlfriend :) , to ask if anyone knew of pubs in Gumbet that play british programmes , ie . Corrination St, Big Brother, Celebrity love island. Haven't a clue why she wanted 2 go away in the first place really if we are just gonna sit and watch british t.v in a bar..... :? , anyways could any1 save my bacon and let me know the names of these bars!?. much apreciated.
Matt
we were over in gumbet during the 2004 euro championships and they didnt have sky sports to watch it on so i'm not sure that they will have the channels for the kind of programs that you are on about. but at the end of the day you're on holiday, enjoy the beach in the day and get out for a meal and drinks in the evening.. who needs tv!
Just walk along the main street in Gumbet, loads of them have big screen tv's and advertise on a blackboard outside what they will be showing...we saw footie, grand prix and I'm 99 per cent sure you will get to see Big Brother etc
Shorty 8)
tv
Hi, we were in gumbet in 2003, and we watched the big brother evictions on a massive screen which was in a bar in the main square- were the water fall is, very easy to find ( gumbet isn't that big ). they usually put blackboards outside advertising the programmes/times, :D
I can tell you that there is a bar showing Big Brother at least, for sure. I drove down bar street in Gumbet today and saw a massive poster saying as much. Can't tell you the bars name (I was driving) but you cannot miss the poster! 8)

Jill Tiryaki
Thanks everyone, its much apreciated!! :D
Even better than last year,they have built a stage and have a four piece band now,saw a familier face there,just couldn't put a name to it.http://http//i18photobucket.co.thought he had gone to Gracelands in the sky.
:arrow: Try Hotel Magnific on the beach front for a full english breakfast. :o For a pre dance drink try Tent Bar :glynis which is near Zetas Camp Site!

:arrow: Big Brother, Eastenders etc are shown in most hotel bars or on most big screens along the front. Mystery Bar, X-Bar and the Karaoke Bar are exellant for a good nite out. :tup They are all on Bar St.

:arrow: You wont be disapointted with Gumbet, its great. :sun

:arrow: Market on Tuesday in Turgetries is good!! :D Dolmus 70p from outside most hotels!

:arrow: Boat Trips are a definate, camel beach, cliff diving and swimming in sea... 8) ..cant be beaten for a tenner all inc. :!:
:arrow: We stayed in Hotel Turihan which was very small but if anyone passes go in and tell Rammy, Ali, Ferdi or anyone interested that Nicola And Darryl from Scotland said YO!
The market in Bodrum is on a Tuesday Nikki -

Turgutreis market is on Saturdays.

Elaine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.