Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi 2 places come to mind the first is chinatown and the other is cafe de columbia the steaks here are huge and absolutly delicious ther is no front man here touting for business.so that says enough always very bussy. im sure you will find plenty of excellent places to eat...cheers
I have just come back from Gumbet with two girlfriends and we had an amazing time. We stayed at Hotel La Rosa, which I would personally recommend to anyone it was lovely. Found a really good restaurant called Planet Yucca, the food is really nice and all the waiters get up and dance and there is live music - really fab!
Very jealous of all of you who are still looking forward to your holidays - you'll have a great time!
Glad you enjoyed it Princess,

Will you be going back do you think?

Elaine
Hi Elaine

I am most definately going back, can't wait till next summer!
Even thinking about bagging myself a turkish bloke so I can stay forever, ha ha!!!
We are off to Gumbet on 8th August (12 days and counting!).......... can't wait - love Turkey but not tried Gumbet yet - it sounds great! Nice to know I can keep up with my Big Brother while hubby keeps up with his mate Efes!

We are stopping at the Mimosa Apartments.

:lol:
Hi,

We're of to Gumbet On Sunday. Staying at the Asarlik Beach Hotel. We stay there 2 years ago had a brill time!! can't wait.
Last day at work today then its holiday mode
Brutus would you please give us a review of the Asarlik Beach hotel when you come back? I stayed not far from there this year, its in a great location for us (right side of the resort for all the bars etc we frequent) and I did meet a couple who were staying there and thought it was great. I'm seriously considering it for next year.

Can you get the mini fridge emptied and use your own drinks there, or is that frowned on at the Asarlik Beach?

Elaine
you could always empty your mini fridge the fun way elaine, drink the contents then fill it up with your own :wink: :lol:

essex..... Planet Yucca is fantastic isnt it... my favorite in gumbet definatly :D
Ey yup Gaffer,

I'm Scottish remember, don't want to be paying hotel prices for me beer :wink: .
No, seriously, we usually go self catering, but realistically only use the fridge. So I thought if the Asarlik Beach was fine with us putting our own water etc in the mini fridge, that would be the best solution all round.

But if not, I'll be back looking at the prices for the La Maison, Ozukara or Club Alka (really don't want to do that killer hill every day though :? )

Elaine
  • Edited by Elaine 2005-07-28 09:15:23
Hi Elaine

We had no trouble taking things in. Every morning I would nip to the shop for a paper and buy some bottles of water,coke.vodie never stopped once and we put them in the mini fridge, mind you we did spend a lot at the bar.

You'll love it there because as you know Gumbet is a bit lively to say the least but you'll get the best of both worlds because is set out of all the ussell and bussell but if you like all that then its only a 5 min walk to bar street and it has its own little beach. We went with some friends last time and their Hotel was right smack bang in the middle of bar street, can't remember its name. They enjoy it but it put them off going back because they couldn't get out of all the ussell and bussell.
We've been to a few hotels around the world so called 4-5 star but this is easy
If they put more entertainment on and bacon on the menu in the morning it would be perfect
I'll post a review when we get back and let you know if anything changed (hope not)
Thanks Brutus.

Elaine
Brutus, was it the Alkan Apts your friends stayed in? They are about as central as you get...great location but the apartments themselves left a lot to be desired!

Have fun!!

Ms Jealous :D
Gaffer - Yeah it's wicked. Just browsing the internet now to book up for next year. Two weeks this time I think!!!! :P
hi everyone :wave i know i might be going slightly off subject a bit, but can anyone tell me where abouts in gumbet planet yucca is located, because despite the fact that i have been to gumbet at least a dozen times i have never come across it :oops: - and i have noticed quite a few people recommend it on this site! you know how it is when you find your favourite eateries and stick with them :oops: , i have about half a dozen or so and i am afraid we never really give anywhere else a chance- (we did have some very disastrous meals in our first two or three visits, though!)- sorry if i have asked on wrong page, or gone off subject, thanks, heather :fly
Hiya,

Planet Yucca moved this year (but not far - across the road and up a bit).
Do you know the road where Smileys and the Roxy restaurants are?
Carry on along that road, towards Bitez. Go past the China Town, and keep walking past Cheers restaurant and the Radio pub. Just after there, you'll find Planet Yucca. It has chinese lanterns swinging outside it.

Elaine
its moved since june last year when i was there elaine?!
Yep Gaffer,

It moved at the start of the season this year. I think it was a Mexican/Italian restaurant that was going to open in the "old" Planet Yucca spot.

Elaine
ate there three times last september.sizzling chicken was amazing.as Elaine said about 200 yards past china town on other side of road. There was a guy who played the guitar there who was also good. A guy called crazy bob or something done the singing.
Crazy Bob's still there and dresses up as Elvis - very funny. Also an excellent live band, who (I found out through personal experience) will let you have a sing if you want to!! They also do a free taxi service to take you back to your hotel.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.