Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
surely, someone has been to this place??????????

mr b/
Mr b, please dont bump your posts it's in the terms and conditions.

I am sure that as soon as meone sees the post, and they can help, they will reply.

Kath HT Admin
thanks,
i await the floods of responses, lol

mr b.
Hi - yes I have stayed at Duinrell - but that was about 4 yrs ago though - huge campsite with very good facilities - shop was good but the onsite restaurant was a bit pricy and not brilliant. Swimming pool is excellent - had to prize the kids away from it, also as the theme park is right next door as well it took a great deal of persuasion to get them to go anywhere else in the area. Very good Italian restaurant in Duinrell itself - 10 min walk from campsite.
Take a trip to Eeftiling as well - if you like theme parks and the Safari park at Bekkes bergen (Think thats how you spell it - it quite near to Eeftiling).
Good train links to Amsterdam as well - took about 1 hr.
Hope that helps.
thats great info, thanks.
especially about the train to amsterdam, is the station far from the site.
and is it close to the beach.
thanks

mr b. :P
As I remember - the beach is a car/bike drive away about 20mins by bike. The station is in Duinrell itself.
oh that is good to know.
like you say though, its if you can drag them away from the pools and theme park.
mr b.
anyone else been here recently??
any ideas on days out with the familly would be good.
mr b.
This site is great, are you travelling Inderpendent? or with Key/Eurocamp?

We went with Keycamp in a tent in May 2005, i then sent my brother and family in Sep.

Train to Amsterdam goes from Leiden, depends on how good a cyclist you are (look on multimap) otherwise drive. We however drove to a Park and Ride just outside Amsterdam you can park for 5 euros and then get a 2 free tickets into the city via train,bus or tram (these all depart from within 100mtrs of car park) if you do decide to park and cycle make sure you see the attendant at the car park as the reduced (5euro) parking fee is only valid if you get the ticket from him stamped at one of the train stations in the city. We found this was a much easier and cheaper way to visit the city.

Now, the campsite, the only bad thing is that it isn't in France!!. it is the most wonderful place for kids who are active. it also a load of fun for 30yr old kids too!!. Make sure you go on the open top 'Splash' ride.

The swimming complex (Tikibad) was free to use for 2 hrs between 10am and 2pm. it can get very busy at times so it is best to have a peep through the windows to see before going in the brillant thing was we were only 3mins walk from the tent so it so convenient to do this.

The site is massive and my advise would be to make sure that you get allocated the best pitch on arrival. We were next to the Bar/Supermarket and supprising we had no trouble with noise.

Washblock were very clean and well maintained as was the general site.

Outside of the camp there is loads of cycling to be done, lovely resturants to find and general exploting, it certainly is worth while hiring a bike (available on site) to get around if you don't have your own. Wassener is fine for shopping, with a 2 decent supermarkets and a great selection of bakers,butchers, delis. There is 2/3 seperate parts to the town for shopping so make sure you look down all the street!! there was a big piece of building going on when we were there and i can't remember if my brother said it was finished (this may be more shops, can't remember).

Could go on more. if you have any specfic questions then i would be happy to answer as i said earlier this is a wonderful site and you will not be dissapointed. i hope!!
thats great news.
thanks for the hints and tips.
mr b.
Hi

We are thinking of going here too but would be flying into Amsterdam. Does anyone know how to get from the airport to the site?

Thanks a lot

Nicky
hi,
someone mentioned a train, via leiden to amsterdam.
so that would be one option.
the other option i suppose would by hire car...
friend of mine was at the site last year and got around holland on the train system, brilliant!!!
when yoiu thinking of going nic??
mr b.
Thanks for the reply. But does the train go to the airport too? never been to Holland before so no idea.

We were possibly thinking of going May half term. When are you going?

WIll the weather be wet and misserable then?

Thanks a lot

Nicola
There is a direct service to Schiphol Airport from Amsterdam Central station.
Trains run every 10 to 15 minutes with a journey time of between 15 and 20 minutes depending on the service.

Fare: 1st Class Single - NLG 10, Round Trip NLG 17.
2nd Class Single - NLG 6.50, Round Trip NLG 11.
The Airport Station is connected to the terminal building for a quick transfer.

got this from amsterdam schiphol airport website, hope it helps.
train then runs from amsterdam central to wassenaar.

we are going end of august, hopefully the weather will be fine then.
as for may!!!! well it could well be wet, its on the same latitude as skegness i think, lol!!!!
:oops:
should be fun though!!!!

mr b.
Hi Mr B.

Thanks very much for the info. Maybe a car would be best since travelling with 2 young kids.

Still not sure what to do. We normally do all inclusive holidays but have the chance of a good deal here with the SUN.

Has anyone been on a SUN newspaper holiday here and did you stay in the keycamp / eurocamp section and were you still able to use the facilities for free?

Thanks

Nicky
we usually alternate between a "hot" holiday and a "camping" holiday.
the camping is far more fun, we went to france 2004. kids loved it.
i expect this will be pretty much the same as the tents are the same.
pretty basic but liveable for a week.
not sure what you will get with the sun though... have only done 1 sun break and that was in the u.k.

i have checked out the driving also, and must honestly say that i'm not looking forward to that side of it.
now i have driven in france quite a few times,without problem, but not in holland,i did a route on michelin and it seems quite a tricky place to get to.
and journey time the other side from calais about 3 and half hours, thats without getting lost!!!!!!

mr b.
Hi again,

We would have to fly Easyjet to Amsterdam and then hire a car, couldn't drive from the UK all that way just for 5 days. We normally do a SUN holiday in the UK too but fancied a hot one this year. We were thinking of the park in Salou so we could go to Port Adventura, but the flights are expensive for half term, so thought this one would be better since all on one site.

Guess this is going off track slightly and maybe we should PM instead?

Nicky
We went here on a Sun deal at the beginning of September. Caravan was through Eurocamp and was absolutely fine.
We tacked it onto the end of a holiday in France so went via Calais (left site at 1pm which was in plenty of time for a 5.45pm crossing) but as a trip on its own it would have been much easier to do a Harwich - Hook crossing.
If you want to swim outside the free period it is not very much money to swim outside of these hours (about 3 euros I seem to remember - probably cheaper than your local swimming pool) Keep an eye on kids - we thought the lifeguards were a bit lax compared to those in the UK or France - but that's the Dutch for you!
We were a bit surprised theme park shuts at 5pm on the dot , but on the edge of it there is a very large playground (non-motorised rides , no supervision) that isn't locked until after 9pm - so don't use that during the day - save it to the end.
Re someones message earlier we went to Efteling in 2004 and my then 6 year old daughter thought it was better than Disneyland Paris - all based on fairies and goblins and next to no queues (Easter hols)
hi there lynn,
how far/ long is efteling away from dunirell roughly???
looks a nice place, just had a look on their web page.

:thanks
mr b.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.