Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Just had some info apparently they are doing refurbishments at Eden don't know from when or to yet but there is no entertainment at present will keep you posted if I hear anything more
Hi is anyone there at the mo that could have a look for we are meant to be going in two weeks and have heard that there is no entertainment on i booked it for the family entertainment and kids club wanted to know if these are still on! dont they have to inform you if building work is going on
hi i just saw on face book eden page that the entertainment is still on was just scaled down while it was quiet and the refurb should not disturb visitor
helen456 wrote:
hi i just saw on face book eden page that the entertainment is still on was just scaled down while it was quiet and the refurb should not disturb visitor

Just got that myself from our Lisa not had chance to mail it accross as I only just got home from working nights
thanks for your support madcaravannerxx
Hey No problem

Just wish we were there now but we are off to Venice tonight so can't complaint :D especially as we are with Ryanair on their 1p flights again :D
Hi

We are looking into going to the Eden Apartments in April, is anyone able to tell me if the swimming pool is still heated in April? Also, is the sea likely to be warm?
We have just got back from another stay at the Eden, i wouldnt get too excited about a heated pool as to be honest yes it is heated but its not warm but bareable if that makes sense!
The sea was pretty nippy last week but im sure by april may warm up a bit.
Weather was lovely last week, couple f cloudy days but then clear skies and hot hot hot.

The have done some refurbs and the place is looking better and i can confirm all entertainment was on day and night if you wanted it, although plenty of places in europa centre aswell which we prefer.
Kids club also still on.
Notice that Globespan now use the Eden (and for a lot less than Thomsons), can anyone tell me is the entertainment run by Thomsons so for there customers only or for anyone that is staying there. PS dont mean the kids club.
Hotel ents are run by the Eden not Thomson. Only the kids club is exclusive. So all pool activities and night time shows etc are included.
hi has anyone just returned from these apartments?

if so any advice for me thinking of booking for october half term

never been to gran canaria before only fuerteventura and lanzarote

is it hot at this time of year

thanx in advance
Hello Raych.

I've never stayed in the Eden apartments but I know exactly where they are... right up at the top of the hill. That's about 20-30 minutes walk (up steep hill) from the Puerto Rico centre and beaches. Of course, most people staying up there use taxis to get around. The taxis aren't a huge expense but being dependent on them makes your holiday much less spontaneous. Maybe you don't do beaches, but if you do, it's really great to be within walking distance.

The other thing to point out is that, although the tourist accommodation in Puerto Rico (with the exception of the very newest developments) is very cheap, you get what you pay for. The norm is that you have to pay extra for fans (neccessary in the summer) kettle, TV etc. So the basic apartment is exactly that. You might want to look into renting privately to get a place better situated and with all creature comforts thrown in.

Yes, it can be pretty hot but not uncomfortable in October. The water will be lovely. Actually, it's barely any hotter than the other Canary islands, but in Puerto Rico, there is usually no wind. That makes it feel much warmer.
Ben_F wrote:
Hello Raych.
I know exactly where they are... right up at the top of the hill. That's about 20-30 minutes walk (up steep hill) from the Puerto Rico centre .

VBG
We stayed there a few years ago and with the exception of some crazy Scandinavians NO-ONE walked back up the hill it was bus or taxi and at €2 a taxi - then the taxi was cheap when there were 4 of you
We stayed there :think not really yesterday or the day before, blimey it must be 15 years ago :yikes

I left Mrs Kilties and the two Kiltettes to get a taxi and I used to walk back up all those steps, couldn't do it now.
Nice location right up at the top of the hill looking over 2 valleys close to the Europa Centre, stayed there in February and the weather was lovely, remember it well.
When we stayed there in November/December the one thing that stuck in my memory was Big Gazza saying

"I'm playing Christmas songs and it's 25 ******* degrees outside daft init AND the locals want it to snow ***********************************chance"
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.