Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
I dont know where you want to fly from but easyjet are now flying out of Gatwick, there Nov flights are not out yet but keep checking and you may get something pretty cheap.
I was going to book them for Aug but by the time i got my dates sorted they had gone up £200 so if you find a cheap flight take it!
Ive booked with Thomson fly quite reasonable for August.
I dont know where you want to fly from but easyjet are now flying out of Gatwick,

I know about those flights but as we are in the Midlands then we look at Manchester /East Midlands / Doncaster as our local airports and at present we can get to Tenerifé cheap but not GC
Hi am counting the days we go 26th October with 3 children for two weeks. Staying at the Eden apartments can anyone suggest good places to eat and any places to visit. Like water parks although kids are 9,4, and 5.

What is the weather usualy like in Oct hot???
madcaravaner stayed at the eden november last year so he should be able to add in detail about the aprtments. Worked up there many moons ago, it is very child orientated, lots going on day and night round the pool and the bar/restaurant.

Nearby is europa centre and it depends on your likes and dislikes for restaurants etc. So if you tell us what sort of stuff you like we can recommend better places like Flicks which is very good for the old Brekkie.

You have waterparks in PR (see Shazjos posts below) and in Maspalomas. Maspalomas is bigger and some would say better, but that comes down to opinion. It is a wee bit of a trek, first from the Eden to the bus station and then the number 70 (about 45 mins), which can get busy. The reps will most probably do a trip there.

Weather normally spot on, warm in the day upto the 30s and cool in the evenings, may get a few cloudy afternoons. For a good history, have a look at http://www.wunderground.com.

There are lots of people on here to give good advice, some live here and some are coming in the next couple of weeks or have been here over the last year or two , so please feel free to pick our brains

:cheers
Hi the weather in october is nice not to hot but still warm enough to lay out in it and tan.

Staying at the top you can either go along to the europa or drop down to amardores or come right down into the CC all have bars and restaurants offereing different food. if you are off to the beach then remember the passerella centre as there are some nice bars and restaurants in there.

Waterparks there is one in P rico, maspalomas and taurito, the maspalomas one is the best one and makes for a good day out it is easy to jump on a bus to there, the one in P rico in my opinion is over priced and not that good but other people disagree and love it. my kids love the one in taurito as it not too big cheap to get in and loads to do.

Hope that helps.
Hiya im just back from my second stay at the Eden.

I can confirm they are no longer Thomson exclusive so unless your on aThomson holiday you wont be able to use the kids clubs, mine werent bothered anyway.

Basic clean accomodation, we had cockroaches most days but then again thats not specific to the Eden thats just Gran Canaria in general !

The rooms are an ok size, double bed in bedroom which we gave to the kids and we slept in the lounge.
We kept the celieing fans on all the time and it was nice and cool.
Decent sized balconies with sunbeds on them.

The pool is a good size although the sunbed situation was getting ridiculous, warnings everyday i was there about towels would be removed ...... the rep moved them on about day 11 stay but not again.
It was getting to the point i was up between 730-8am to get beds i wanted which i know you shouldnt but at the end of the day when you want to spend a full day at the pool really you had to do what everyone else does and just reserve them.

Snack bar is pretty cheap for daytime food, never bothered to try it in an evening as i prefer to go out, staying in at apartments just isnt my thing. (personal choice)

Happy hour everyday with buy one get one free 4-5pm, also very annoying bingo at that time!!!!

Would i go again.............yes like i say ive been before and they are ok nothing special but nothing wrong either and in a great location for the Europa where we go everynight.

Eating out there is so much choice and it all depends on what you want and how much you want to spend as you can eat cheaply or expensive.
We like places like Brassero (steaks etc) in Europa, Chino Canton again Europa, Ciao Ciao on Amadores beach is nice.

We were out last Oct and it was hot hot hot"!!!!!
Didnt you have a pasty man turn up with your lunch as well? LOL :rofl
PMSL :rofl i was just reading some replies thinking hmmm could Lousie31 be the very Lou i know LOL

I could tell from some replies namely 1 about a chinese and 1 about the Portofino LOL :cheers
Hmmm ........ is Vicky 06 the Vicky that Uncle John visited in PR ??

If it is we felt well embarassed when we met you on Amadores beach and you were all squeeky clean and we were still all sandy and grubby.

Hope you all enjoyed the rest of your holiday. Been home over a week now and it all seems a distant memory.

Love to all UJ
Hello UJ!!!

Yes its me lol what a small world eh!!!

We were saying we cant wait for the day we are not rushing to get ready and out for tea earl an we can relax and have longer days like you were LOL

Vicky xxx
I want to book the Eden apartments for summer next year as they seem to have really good facilities for families but keep reading the odd review about cockroaches and I am terrified of them. Please can someone advise how bad this problem is and I would be better booking different apartments. Thanks :)
I hope the thread I've merged your query to helps :) We also have reviews here
Hi Madcaravaner,

Thanks for info will now go ahead and book. :tup
we are going to Eden apartments in 3 weeks and i havbe just read reviews on this and another site which give it one ont of ten!! would it be to late to change booked with thompsons

my husband lost his dad this year and could do with a good break

any advice please :(
Ive stayed at the Eden 2x and am looking at possibly going back in Feb so honestly its not bad.

OK its not luxury the bathrooms could do with a refubishment but they are basic 3 star apartments.
They are clean, beds clean etc.
The pool is nice my kids like it, plenty going on for kids....pool activited, clubs, play ground pool table etc.
The snack bar at the pool is ok and a reasonable price.

The staff are all nice and pleasant.

Its in easy quick walking distance of the europa centre for all yours bars restaurants etc (but no noise is heard), close to a taxi rank.

Also a lot of complexes in PR have zillions of steps but this one doesnt which is a bonus with buggies or if you have had a few drinks lol

Honestly, dont panic, dont change it and go and enjoy!!!!!!

As long as your not expecting 5* luxury (which is isnt sold as anyway) and you are expecting a 3 * apartment then you will be fine.

Have a lovely holiday.

Any specific Q feel free to ask on here or send me a PM

Vicky x
does anyone have an email address for this aprt and where are the best apartment numbers dont want to be rite by pool
helen456 wrote:
does anyone have an email address for this aprt and where are the best apartment numbers dont want to be rite by pool

There are very few apartements actually by the pool as most of the space is taken up by the bar and open spaces

We had a 2 bedroom apartment by the pool and it wasn't noisy at all at nights
our pictures from last november

Watch out for this guy Big Gazza you'll love him
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j115/Madcaravanner/Spain/Puerto%20Rico/f733d127.jpg
And give him a hug from my Grand-daughter Jessica

there's even an Eden Group on Facebook
for everyone who loves eden apartments puerto rico gran canaria

Eden Apartments Website
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.