Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Hi,

we've been to the Eden - it's right at the top of Puerto Rico a few minutes walk from the Europa Centre (small commercial centre).
The Eden is a Thomson Superfamily complex and therefore very family friendly - competitions, quizes etc. round the pool, kids clubs, evening entertainment to suit all.

Apartments are well equiped and clean, as is the rest of the complex.

Pool is quite deep with no shallow end, though there is a small kiddies pool.

Food from the pool bar is good and reasonably priced, the bar bar staff were excellent and great with kids.

I would definately recommend these apartments if you've got kids, if you haven't you might prefer somewhere a little more peaceful.

Hope this helps :)
Hi stopped in the eden apts last year in april just the wife and me looked to be a great base if you had kids. reps seemed work non stop with various entertainment happy hour with bingo was very lively food was very good although the breakfast wasnt so appetising all in all really enjoyed it would have gone back this year but got a better deal next door
Hi

stayed at the eden a few years back, these are great apartments, we had a one bedroom, plenty of room and the balcony huge with tables, chairs and 2 sun loungers. the eden is just around the corner from the Europa centre only a few minutes walk and also very near taxi rank. from what I remember there was varied entertainment on in the evening (we where there in July) The pool is OK but childrens pool is very small didnt bother us much though as spent most days on Amadores beach about a 10 min walk downhill. You didnt mention if you had been to Peurto Rico b4 but I have been loads and this is probably the best beach ever, white sand, clear safe water and plenty of bars and restaurants. The apartments also have quite a good shop, launderette, childrens play area and adults only sun terrace.
Does anybody know if the Eden apartments in Puerto Rico has their own website please, we're off there in July and have been beofre but just wanted a nosey at the website if they have one. Thanks in advance :)
Don't think they have a website but some photo's here - http://bryanandchris.fotopic.net/c194752.html
joebee :wave

Take a look at THIS video clip of the Eden apartments, enter your choice ie the date, Spain, Gran Canaria & Peurto Rico in the boxes at the bottom of the page.

We were there a few years ago and it is a great family orientated complex, which is situated right at the top of Puerto Rico, you can look down on to the 2 valleys from there.

you can walk down in to the centre of Puerto Rico or take a taxi (all Mercedes) for a couple of Euros, you probably have to take a taxi back as it is a fairly long climb especially if you have children.

Graham 8)
There is some info on it here:

*Admin edit link removed as there wasn't any helpful information there - more a link to a booking site -Glynis*
Dose anyone know if the Eden appartments have air condition.in hte bedrooms :lol:
We stayed there a few years ago and they didn't then.
They don't have air conditioning, just big ceiling fans in the living area.
We are due to go to stop at the Eden for the fourth time on the 24th July. Can anybody tell me if its true that they've lost their 'Superfamily' status?

A friend has said its been removed from the Superfamily brochure and wondered why if it has.

being a rep on the island for afew years i can inform you that the eden is indeed nolonger a superfamily but this is through chioce of nothing else. the eden did not want to be a superfamily complex nomore and decided that summer 05 would be there last year this was decided sometime ago
all in all no much as changed apart from no reps show and no drop in so enjoy
This is my first post, although i have read many on here!

Just got back on Monday (11/9/06) after 2 weeks with a family of 4.

What a great place, best family holiday we've had!!!!

Yes the aprtments are right at the top of the hill, but for 3.5 Euro's down to the beach you can't complain. The Europa Centre is 5 minutes walk away.

The Best thing i found about the place was all the other guests. They were friendly and chatty and all seemed to want everyone else to have a good holiday. Staff were great such as susi & Chiri with a pint being 2.5 Euros.

Accommodation was not 5 star but was clean and cleaned nearly every day.

Coackroach count was 6 in 2 weeks and all outside the apartments with only one being alive.

Night time entertainment was great for the kids, and for adults, The Cher lookalike and Kimberley topped the bill for me. Gary & Vicky do a great job everynight to the point where I sang Karaoke a few times :oops:

Beaches were family friendly as were the staff in bars etc.

If anyone needs any more info email me at **email address removed for member's security*** and I'll try to help :D
Edit
members can use the pm facility but, even better, post queries here as I'm sure the answers will benefit others as well!
Fiona Ht mod
Hi Herbie
Welcome to HT! Now you plucked up courage to post, I hope we see more posts from you! :D If you have time could you post a review of the apartments here for us?
Thanks
Fiona :wave
Myself, my husband and 2 year old daughter stayed at the Eden apartments in May 2006. We had a great time. Entertainment was good, food was cheap and cheerful, bar staff were very friendly. The Europa Commercial Centre was literally 2 minutes from the apartments. There are lots of shops and bars there and there are a couple of supermarkets. Overall, the Eden apartments are well worth staying at, especially when you have youngsters. There is plenty to do on the complex.
Hi All looks like we are here this November
Anyone been in Winter tell us what it's like then

and where's the nearest dive shop - got to blow some bubbles
thinking of booking bed n breakfast at eden apts this christmas does anyone know if the breakfasts are english ie bacon sausage or are they continental style info appreciated
tracy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.