Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Elif Hotel
23 Posts
Hi Kelly,

Out of the Efendi and onto the beach turn right and next right turn off the beach where there are a few stalls the Elif is there.

Click the links below my name to see the Elif.

John
Hi Kelly, Wellcome back to the Turkey ranks.
As John says its not a stones throw from the Efendi,its facing the sea front , Mr.Cooks restaurent is opposite as is the Lion Bar,and below the Blue Rainbow Hotel.
It would take 2 mins to walk to the Efendi.
The Elif has a large pool and sunbathing area and has a bar and restaurent serving same.
Nice hotel good posistion.

Gene
THANKS John & Gene,

I think I know where it is now - cheers.

For some reason I was thinking it was to the left of the Efendi past Cocobeach Hotel, but now I know I was thinking of somewhere else!

Oh can't wait to return, and from what you have described i think the Elif will be just fine.

Again, thanks guys :D
does anyone no if the elif has been updated this year as when mother-in-law stayed last year they heard it might be done this year
tahnks :roll:
I will find out for you if i can.
thanks tokmak :lol: you just want an efes :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

honestly i just like to help

sarah
Elif was updated last year with new plastic window frames replacing the old style wooden ones.

John
John you beat me to it, also have been told that been doing just general matineance this year, nothing major or drastic.
thanks john/tokmak

will let the mother-in-law no :twisted:
Hiya

Does anyone know if the Hotel Elif (Icmeler) is a nice hotel?

I've read the recent posts about the Hotel Blue Rainbow and I thought these 2 hotels were the same chain??

If anyone has stayed there recently I'd be interested to hear what it was like (and be very grateful)

We are off to Icmeler in Aug and I'm really excited to be going back. I
just hope the Hotel is nice and wow it would be great to have a room with a seaview as I think the Elif is on the beachfront?

Thanks for your help :D
Kelly
Hi Kelly,

The Elif was re-furbished 2004 with new windows added.

As long as you aren't on the ground floor you should get a nice sea view.

John
Hi Kelly,
Im to staying at the Elif in July. As far as i know the two hotels are the same chain. After reading the recent posts on the Blue Rainbow i enquired and asked 'Dancing Lucy' who has stayed here what she thought. She was most helpful and replied: The Elif is in a great location and very clean its true it is a bit old fashioned with dark wood in the rooms etc. but the bedding and towels are changed daily and they are improving the hotel each time we go. The pool area is great with a little bar and snack bar but you are literally 1 minutes walk from beach. If you are after a great holiday near the beach and close to the good bars you are in the right hotel.
Thanks again Dancing Lucy :)
Thanks kate and John, i feel much happier now.

I'm just hoping we get a room facing the beach as I can imagine the views of the bay to be stunning

The main thing for me though is the hotel is central and close to the beach.

Thanks again guys,

kelly :D
Hi Kelly,
I came back from the Elif on Monday. This is the third year in a row that I hav stayed there and each time it gets better. If you want a sea view I would fax the hotel and ask them to reserve a room.

Chris
thanks Chris,

I will try and fax the hotel cheers for the tip. Suppose its not a big deal if we don't get a sea view room it's just I've allways wanted one and as its right on the beach I can imagine the view to be amazing.

Are there quite a few rooms round the back then that face the streets that don't face the beach?

Could I ask, does the hotel have a nice bar attached to it, with a good good atmosphere?, I really like to start off at the hotel bar before venturing out and them maybe call back before going back to the room

Really looking forward to our holiday, cant wat now.
Thanks again Chris, I'm going to try phone or fax the hotel to ask.
Kelly :D
Hi we have been to the Elif about 6 times and it is a real nice friendly hotel the rooms are cleaned daily and towels, linen changed often. There are only a few rooms without a sea view but if you look to the side of the balcony you should be able to see it, if you are lucky you may get a corner room which has an extra bed and a 'bath'. The bar attached is friendly we usually have one drink there and a drink on our way home which satisfies the staff and we sometimes have lunch there if we are eating late and its always nice Have a great holiday we will be back begining of September.
Just incase nobody seen the papers this week. There was an article about this hotel sayin that there was an incident with a gang of guys coming in and smashin up the place the other day. It was a Scottish couple who was stayin at the time and reported it to the press. They were moved to a hotel in Marmaris after that happenend. It was said to be a fight between rival bars in Icemeler. It was in the Daily Record and The Star on Thursday! Better get on to the Travel agents chi9cks to find out more!
Hi Ive just read the report in the record and it says it happened 1 june i came back on the 17 june and while we were there we heard nothing about this and there was no trouble at all. We had 2 friends staying there from the 3 june and they didnt see any trouble and they are 2 ladies in their 60s so they would have been afraid if they had. I think it must have been something to do with the chef according to the report.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.