Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
I have been looking to book this for June 2006. Direct Line have taken it off sale at the moment but cannot tell me why. Think I will try somewhere else.
dont know if this might explain why they have taken it off sale but have just returned from the esperides beach on the 18th and while we were there we heard that they were going all inclusive next year, but if you dont mind that, go to this hotel because we had an excellent fortnight hotel is first class. :D :D
I have just phoned Portland and they are now booking this hotel for next year. However have come up against another obstacle as although it says in the brochure rooms have 2 3 or 4 beds, they reckon the family rooms are only suitable for 2 adults and 2 children under 12. My sons are 18 and 10. Does anyone know if they do have rooms with 4 beds in?
having holidayed there this year we think that you will find that the family rooms have bunk beds . we had the same problem , we had to have two rooms next to each other as our kids are aged 16 & 13 hope this helps apart from that the hotel is excellent. :) :)
Thanks for your help. Its going to cost us an extra £500 doing it that way. Back to the brochures.
Hi Can anyone let us know if all the family rooms at the Espersides Beach have been renovated. I am hoping to book the hotel for a return visit in May 2007, but am interested to know if the renovation has been complete.
Are the updated rooms the ones with showers or baths or could they be either? Which annexe is best?
Any other information from the new season, now it's all inclusive would also be most welcome.
Cheers
Tracy
Hi everyone :D
I would also like to speak to anybody who has been to the esperides this year, as me and my partner plus two boys aged 9 & 5 are flying out on may 24 to stay for two weeks and we are getting married at st pauls [lindos] on june 2. :love
We will obviously be staying in a family room which, from reading other letters were the ones in most need of renovation last year. some of this years brochures are stating that it has been completely renovated,is this the case :?: and in which block are the family rooms :?: .
We are hopefuly due for an upgrade. If we do are there any family rooms with either a sea view :?: or in the main block :?: .
p.s. hope it soon warms up its warmer in poole today than it is over there :sun .
The family rooms are in the annexes on either side of the main building - the majority will have a sea view although I would imagine will not. from what I can remember the annexe to the left looking from the sea runs behind the hotel. I am booking for next May and I was concerned the weather would not be too good, but a friend has assured me the have been to many greek islands in May - many cooler than Rhodes and they have NEVER had bad weather. Obviously not as hot as August, but very acceptable. This has assured me I am doing the right thing. Hope this helps.
HI Tracydawn :D
I was only joking about the weather i have actually checked the weather records for the last ten years or so for the same two weeks that we are taking on a website called something like wunderground,and the lowest max was about 71 up to about 87 once in early june but an average seems to be hi 70s,but it has never rained. These temps are apparently taken at the airport which is slightly cooler 8) .
Thanks for the information with regard to the rooms ,just one more question, presumably do the seaview rooms lose the sun after lunch as they face east :?:
Hi
I cannot remember about catching the afternoon sun - we didn't stop in a family room, only used one as a courtesy room on our final day. I suppose it depends where you are situated. The annexes are quite large, the one on the right especially doesn't sit in the shadow of the hotel, so should not be too bad.
I have also checked the weather and am satisfied it will be fine. We have now booked for 19th May next year. Got really good deal with Portland - travelling with my parents so one kid in each room - no family room supplement and two free child places!! Very cheap all inclusive holiday.

Have a great trip and don't forget to report back on your return.

Tracy
Hi, was just wondering if the family rooms are just one big room or if they are partitioned.
When we stayed at the Esperides in 2003 the family rooms had twin beds and bunk beds - no partition in the room. There was a fridge and tv in the room though. Esperides is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in and should be even better now it is all inclusive.

Hope this info helps. Have a good time :D
Hi

Just been looking at this hotel for next year, we are a family of 2 adults and 4 children so would need 2 rooms sleeping 3. Does anyone know what beds we would get, three beds or would one be a sofa/camp bed? Also has anyone had any experience of getting rooms next to each other, as they don't do interconnecting rooms we would need two rooms next to each other.

Also, can anyone tell me anymore about the beach outside the hotel? I've read its shinge, but is it a nice beach? And is the sea nice and safe for children?

Thank you. Anyone due to go out there, hope you have a great time, it looks great!
:) If you read tracy dawns message. She had the same situation and got two free child places with portland.
Kev. :D
Hi

Does anyone know when the air conditioning is available in the hotel rooms? Portland says 1/6 and JMC says 15/6. Hoping to go on the 30th May2007.

Is there a website for this hotel or an email address? Just wanted to know what the chances were of getting two rooms next to each other.

Also, just concered what the beach is like here, and what the food is like.

Nearly booked last night but pc was playing up so know I've gone all undecided again.

Thanks
....Forgot to ask, does anyone know if the pool is just the usual pool water or saltwater??

:?:
Hi, just read that at the Esperides you can check in from 18.00 , is that right????? The flight i'm about to book goes out at 7 am so don't like to think we can't check in till late.

Anyone know if this information is right?
Hi

No ones posted anything about this hotel for ages so I just thought I'd ask if anyones been lately and has any reviews for this year, read all the ones posted to date or has anyone booked for next year? Read on the internet its full of Germans and Italians, are we the only British people off there next year????????? :?:
im going to this hotel on saturday and would too be pleased to hear any comments on what the hotel is like from people who have been this year

I also read the comments about it being primarily of Germans and italians so not too sure what to expect

Any comments would be gratefully appreciated :D

Thanks

Suddy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.