Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
thanks Marie

I'll let you know as soon as i return

Suddy :D
Suddy,

did you have a good hol??? Just read a review on another site and they were disappointed with the hotel this time round, they've been before when it was half board.

They did say the pools etc were great, but the tables had been removed in the evening when the entertainment was on and also there was big groups of single sex parties there????

Hope it is more family than 18-30, the hol we did last year in Ibiza was heading more that way!
Hello,

We have booked to go to this hotel next year in June and would love to hear from anyone who has been this summer on what they thought of the place and its facilities.

The reviews all sound promising!

Would be interested to hear what the food is like and choice of drink on all inclusive. Also the enternainment at night.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :lol:
Elvischeeseburger - Hi, when about in June are you going? We fly out on the 30th May and return the 13th June.

Not been away this year so it's been a long year, just hope the place is as good as the reviews sound. :D
We fly out on the 20th June for 2 weeks next year. Can't wait, it looks and sounds really nice, lots to do for the kids too. :D
Elvischeeseburger

Ohhhhhhhhh my hol will be over when you go :sulk Oh well, never mind, lets hope we both have a great time!

I'll make sure I come and tell you all about it when we get back, until then we'll just have to watch for more great reviews! :D
Hi Marie.

Sorry it took so long to post a reply, not been on here for a while.
Well... what can i say... had a FANTASTIC time! The hotel is just out of this world. I can't say enough about the place. This was our first time to the hotel and we all had a gret time. Our room was in the main block and was very modern and clean, and to anyone who is staying in one of the family rooms in either the lindos or kalithea annex, these rooms were refurbished at the start of the year and look amazing!

As this was our first time, we couldnt compare to previous years, but we had a great time! The animation team were great and the food was good. However, like you said, we spoke to many people who have been to this hotel for many years, and were quite dissappointed with the all-inclusive system compared to half-board. But we had no complaints what so ever!
And also, yes the tables have been removed during the entertainment, not sure why this was but it didnt really effect us.
The pools where great, and the waterslides were brilliant for the whole family (including the grown ups haha), and there has been a new kids pool built new for this summer which was a nice surprise.

As you can probably tell.... we had a great time and would definately return again in the future.

Hope this helps to anybody going to the Esperides Beach hotel
Suddy
We are going half term week in October,we were offered this hotel as an alternative as the one we should have been going to in Croatia was closing early.We were upgraded to this one as the other was only a 3 star so hope its ok!!The reviews mostly say so :wink: Will we be ok as there is only my hubby and myself going,is this a family hotel??Not bothered by kids as we have 3 ourselves :) Is it worth hiring a car whilst there?Sorry for all the questions !
Just wondering if anyone an tell me about the family rooms in this hotel, we are 2 adults and 2 children. Travel agent says we an request interconnecting but cannot guarantee it. Does anybody also know if the slides, climbing wall, dodgems that ive read about are free, and do they have pool tables.
Thanks to anyone who can help.
Hey there gill_mag

Firstly, just to let you know, there are two waterslides, climbing wall, carousel and dodgems, and are all free of charge! There is also free candy floss and pop-corn, but this is only at certain times (4-8:30pm)

There are also 2 pool tables and other electronic games in the Tropicana Cafe, which is situated just by the pool next to the entertainment area and the beach.

I cant comment on the family rooms as we where in the main block. However, as a family of 4, with 2 kids, i would expect that they would allocate you a family room. However, these rooms are only available at a supplement, and if you havent payed the extra, then it is possible they may allocate you in two rooms in the main block, as rooms can only sleep a maximum of 3 people. We travelled as a family of 6 and were allocate rooms next door to each other which wasnt a problem.

However, all i can say is that you will have an absolutely fantastic time at the Esperides beach hotel. Hope this helps

Suddy
Thanks suddy, it does sound really good.
Sounds fab - we go there on the 27th September

CAN'T WAIT!

All we need now is some great weather!!

Did anyone comment on the beach? Is it shingle or sand? Some brochures say sand, some shingle........
Hi Fitzmum

It really is out of this world

The beach is shingle, with lots of stones and pebbles in it and is VERY hot!! But this doesn't detract from the overall enjoyment of your holiday. A cheap pair of flip-flops or sea-shoes will do fine!

Hope that helps, and have a great holiday

Suddy
Thanks Suddy!
Bought Swimshoes for us all today so should be fine.
Weather forecast looking a bit dodgy though for a few days from Wednesday on - just my luck!

Still - really looking forward to the holiday!!

Anyone know roughly how long the hotel transfer is? Also, we are booked into a family room. How big are they, what are they like and are there hairdryers in those rooms
Not a problem!

Don't worry, im sure the weather will be fine! Before we went in july, i checked the forecast on the BBC website, and it was showing max temp 29 degrees C - it was more like 39!! So don't believe the forecast!

As for transfer times, id say anything from 20-30 mins. The brochures state anything upto an hour but id say half an hour tops!

And finally for the family rooms. We stayed in the main block so cant comment personally and maybe someone can help me out here. But we had friends staying in the family blocks. The rooms in the kalithea block have just been renovated for the start of this years summer season and look great! they have a bathroom with seperate WC and main bedroom area, and they look very nice and modern. And they all have a hairdryer!!

Hope this helps fitzmum

Suddy
Ive just been rooting through all my holiday pics and i thought these might be of some use to anybody going to the Esperides:

View of the front of the Hotel:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g141/suddy06/001460.jpg

A room in the main building:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g141/suddy06/001251.jpg

Childrens area, with slides, dogems, bouncy castle and carousell and their own bar:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g141/suddy06/001299.jpg

View of hotel from its own private section of the beach:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g141/suddy06/001389.jpg

View of pool area:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g141/suddy06/001401.jpg

View of gardens and pathway leading to the beach:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g141/suddy06/001436.jpg

View of the pool area:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g141/suddy06/001440.jpg

Hope these pics help to show what a nice hotel this is!

Have a great time to anybody who is going soon!

Suddy
Well, what can I say - we arrived back in the early hours of this morning.

THIS HOTEL IS FANTASTIC

GO GO GO!!!

I'll leave a review in the correct forum, but to just say here that it's honestly one of the best All Inclusive hotels i've been to ( and that's a few)!!

Thanks to everyone for the info before I went - it was all spot on.

Best Regards
Amanda x
We go to this hotel on the 21st,we should have been going to Croatia(another thread!) but after reading the reveiws i cant wait :lol:
Hi everyone :wave

I have been looking at this hotel for our holiday next june, and i was just wondering if anyone had anymore info on the family, i would like to know if there are any partitions for the kids sleeping area, and also if there are any family room that have twin beds for the kids, as my 2 will only be 4 and 2, so neither will be big enough to sleep in top bunk, any info would be greatly appriciated,

Thanks

Shelley :yipee
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.