Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Thanks- fitzmum,

thats a great help, i will have i look around there website for there email addy,

how private is the partition, its just that we like to put kids to bed and then have a few drinks on ballcony, in evening.

also which tour operator did you go with ?

Thanks again for you reply

Shelley :yipee
Hi Shelley

The chidrens sleeping area is actually next to the patio doors to the balcony. The main part of the room is a large square with the partition doors being made of frosted glass and louvred wood (all sound travels through & over the top of them tho!!) - they slide together to close. The other side of these doors is the small angled area that fits the bunk bed which then leads out onto the balcony. There is a pvc sliding door to the balcony which when closed would cut out talking noise.

The balconies in the Lindos family annexe which is where we were are small and can only fit 2 chairs & a small drinks table - also there are very limited rooms with a sea view in the Lindos annexe - we overlooked a garden at the side.

There are sea/pool view rooms available at a cost of 13 euro pppn in the Kalithea family annexe on the other side of the hotel - these looked to have slightly bigger balconies too.

We travelled with Portland Direct - very good - paid around £1800 for 2 weeks AI at end September for 2 adults & 2 kids - good value for money. If you go to their website http://www.portlandholidays.com it can work out a costing for you.

If you need any further info just shout!!
HI could any body let me know what this hotel is like just booked it
Tracy hi welcome to HT,, if you take the time to work back through theis threrad most of your questions will be answerd ... you will also find links to pictures taken by members..also have you seen the members reviews in the hotel review forum yet link here

wizard
Sorry not posted,just been so busy since getting back :( I will post a reveiw on the Esperides but just wanted to say we had the most fantastic time and the weather was perfect :D We are going back next October half term but taking our son, a week was simply not long enough :wave
Hi

One of my kids asked me the other day if they would still be able to make a sand castle on the beach at this hotel means its shingle. Anyone know? Told them that we can always walk along the beach and find a more sandy bit. They don't spend much time on the beach anyway but I think they are wondering what a shingle beach will be like. :?:
Going here in 6 weeks time, does anyone know if they provide bath and hand towels or will I need to pack extra?? Last few times we've been away the hotels have provided these and it was such a help, haven't been to Greece for a long time though.

Also, is it right that you can't book into the rooms till late??? We'll arrive at the hotel around 2.30 ish.

Thanks for any help. :D
Hi Marie!
Stayed at the hotel Esperides last year & had a wonderful time!
The hotel does provide both bath and hand towels, normally enough for the number of persons in the room, and can be changed as many times as you wish (just leave them in the bath when you wish them to be changed).
Im not 100% sure about check-in times as we arrived at 5am in the morning, but from what I can remember, you should be fine checking in at that time, as all rooms have to be vacated by 12-noon on the day of departure and many vacate earlier, therefore you should have no problem!
This Hotel is probably one of the nicest I have ever stayed in, and I'm sure you and your family will have a fantastic time! If you have any more questions I'll try my best to answer them!
Have a great holiday!
Suddy
Hi Suddy

Thanks for the reply. Glad about the towels, could do without having to pack loads of extra ones, the beach and pool ones already take up a load of room!

I'll let you know if I think of anything else :wink: its always great to hear from people who have been there.
Hello to anyone who has been or is going to this hotel this year.

Firrstly, I wanted to ask if the rooms in the main part of the hotel have been refurbished as well as the family rooms? We have 1 child so won't be staying in a family room, I don't think.

Also, we have booked with Direct holidays which have now changed to my travel. since booking this, our flight times have changed 3 times! It gets earlier everytime and we are flying with air malta. Has anyone flew with Air Malta before and if so what is their service like?

We are going with my sister-in-law and our daughters are aged 7 and 8. From past experience, will they be safe wondering around the complex on their own?

Sorry for all the questions, but would love to hear fron anyeone who has been or is due to go soon. We fly in June. Can't wait!!!

Thanks, Katie.
Hi Katie

We go 5 weeks today, 30th May, booked with Portland. What date in June are you going? If its after we get back I'll let you know what its like :D . We travel back on the 13th June.
Hello Marie,

We go on the 20th June, so 1 week after you return. We fly from East Midlands, 5.50am!!! Wouldn't be surprised though if the time changes again before we go.

Katie :-)
Hi Katie

We fly out from B'ham, I'll do you a full report when we get back! Just got a problem getting our passports at the mo, taking ages and ages to get them renewed!
Thanks Marie, hope you get your passports sorted out soon, five weeks isn't that long, but I'm sure they will be fine.

Bet you are getting excited now and counting down! I will have to get organised soon and start making a list of everything I need to buy - toiletries, suncream, etc...

Katie :fly
Hi Katie

No the weeks seem to be flying by, wasn't that long ago it was 12 weeks till we went!! Started getting the kids clothes this week, problem is, they're out playing in them now! :shock: Got my older daughter two white tops for her hols today, she got choc down it earlier, I give up!

I started on the toiletries the other week cause Tesco had BOGOF on the one the kids use, the bags so heavy now with shower gel, suncream etc... I don't think the plane will get off the ground! We'll be travelling a lot lighter coming back.

I keep checking the weather over there, its been getting hotter over the last couple of weeks, soon be lying on my sunbed (if I can get one! :x )

Wonder if we get a wristband for being all inclusive??
Your daughter sounds just like my 7 year old daughter. I got wise to this last year so this time around I have banned her from wearing any new summer clothes I have bought. For this reason i also have to take 14 outfits for her to wear in the evening as you can guarantee she will spill something down her! She has more clothes than me and hubby put together!!

I will be getting my suntan cream from Tescos this year as not only is it cheaper but is smells gorgeous too.

As for wrist bands, everytime we have been on all inclusive we have been given bands to wear, including the kids, when we check in at reception. I don't mind wearing them really as long as you remember to keep moving them around a bit so you don't get a white strip underneath by the end of your holiday.

Katie :D
Elvischeeseburger - got chatting to someone yesterday who holidays every other year at the Esperides!!!! Said it's F A N T A S T I C :hyper

Asked about the slides cause I read they were a euro each, but she said when they went changed to all inclusive even the slides were included too. Hope thats still the case else we'll spend a fortune just on the slides alone!

Said the food is fantastic, bit repetitive into the second week, but I can cope with then when I haven't got to cook it :D .

If you think of anything you want me to ask, let me know, I see her nearly everyday up at school.
I've been watching this thread for ages and getting so excited now that the holiday season is now here.....we go in 10 weeks...started buying in some suncreams etc over the weekend...can't wait :D First time in Rhodes and this hotel looks great..looking forward to reading all your posts on your return
Elvischeeseburger, Marie6319 and Rosey1... Im sure you'll all have a great time!
Just to put your mind at ease....
Everyone is required to wear a wristband. Last year when we where there, Adults had a clear wristband, whilst the children had silver wristbands (which later changed to yellow during the second week). We found them to come off or break quite easily, but reception will happily replace them with another.
Secondly, all the childrens facilities are free, including the two water slides (which are just as fun for the adults too!), the carousel, dodgems and bouncy castle. There is also free candy floss and popcorn during the afternoon.
Like you said Marie, I know people whom return year after year to this hotel because its that good, and Im sure you'll all find it the same!

Suddy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.