Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi, that's intresting and maybe you can answer my weather related questions? We are going to sunny beach on 27th so do you think the heat wave will continue into that week or will it be thunder and rain? Also how far in advance can weather be forecasted and by what factor does the reliabilty decrease depending on how far ahead you forecast ? In other words how soon will i be able to find a accurate forecast for my week in the sun? :D many thanks, Tunise
Hi Tunise,

Weather forecasts for Varna over the next 10 - 15 days are HERE and HERE. Sunny Beach will be much the same.

September can be a bit pot luck like most temperate climates. It can be very warm/even hot, and dry - the Bulgarians call it a gypsy Summer, but you can get some rain and wind. If you are lucky you might see a couple of quite spectacular thunderstorms over the Black Sea.

We have a thread on weather HERE

Peter
Hello Peter
Thanjs for the links there. They are computer generated forecasts based on the GFS extended model output. They are fairly useful as a rough guide but their accuracy beyond 5 days is questionable. Having said that, in regions such as the Med (at this time of year) patterns are generally quite static and longer-term outlooks are slightly easier to predict. The data I have used in my prediction of extreme heat is somewhat more extensive and I suggest that the Accuweather forecast of around +28 to +31 next week is very conservative. I hope I'm wrong as I hate the very hot stuff.

Tunise
It is beyond anyone's range to go further than 10 days and any forecast you see is pure guesswork. However, going by historical means it would be reasonable to suggest any very hot weather will be temporary and it should return to the high 20s before long. As for storms - well, I hope we get one or two as I love a good thunderstorm (at night that is!)
yee ha... bring it on :sun Tina
Thanks for the links, i can see me clicking on them everyday to try and get a bigger picture of what might happen. I also love a really good thunderstorm but only in the evening while sitting on the balcony with a drink!
hi tunise, add them to your favourites... :D Tina
I see no reason to change my forecast for Sun through Weds next week for the Black Sea Coast. I see the auto-generated forecasts have now upped the maxima to +35 or so on Sunday and Monday but I still think this is conservative and +40 is very likely IMO. Phew, what a scorcher!
  • Edited by trishh6 2008-11-25 01:30:14
This forecast HERE
says it's going to be in the 40s early next week.
Happys Days!

I arrive on Sunday night/Monday morning. Its going to be hot hot hot! :glynis
This is interesting re the weather - STANDART NEWS

This morning I received an email from Varna reporting that it was most uncomfortably hot.

Peter
Just spoken to my parents who are over in Sunny Beach at the moment and they said it's 34degrees today and has been baking hot since they got there Monday!

Hope it keep it up for when we're there in 2 weeks time :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.