Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
It will be hot in June so a high sunfactor for children is a must and also for yourself, Ive seen many parents with severe burns on their necks and sholders from playing in the pool with kiddies forgetting themselves.

You can get those all in one swimsuits for youngster that cover down the arms and part of the legs. Some pools dont allow kids to wear t-shirts in the water as the fibres cause havoc with the filters. Make sure he keeps a cap on at all times (esp in the pool) preferably one with the flap that covers the back of the neck - like the foriegn legion ones :)
Make sure he drinks lots of water/juice throughout the day and dont worry if he doesnt want to eat, try fruit as its available every meal time. Some small bags of crisps are pretty good to take for him to snack on in case he wont eat

And a sleep during the afternoon would be a good idea or at least take a game or two that will keep him occupied in your room in the air conditioning during the height of the heat

HTH
All good tips... also if he is old enough to go for his own drinks...remind him to ask for NO ice,,oooh...tummy trouble..lol, my lad is 8 and he knows to say when its getting too much & he needs a cool out time & is pretty good at recognising when the sun is taking it's toll, another good thing to take is the salt replacement saches you can buy at your local chemist..ask your chemist. they come in different flavours...and they buck you & kids up great!.. they combat dehydration...
Have a good holiday!
(I bought those suits & hats when I went to florida he was 18 months old..Suki...but seems they are not 'street cred' these days..he is 8 afterall !!...lolol)
Cheers,

Just the basics are forgotten when you get excited about a holiday. we're taking his gameboy advance to combat the bordem, i've thought about the hats but as merlot67 said they arn't cool, unless it has nike written across it!!! i've also thought about purchasing one on those UV tents as apparently brollies are hard to come by where we're staying, but thought it may get a little to stiffling in there. I'm going to have to get the UV T-shirts though as he loves the water and because it's cool you don't feel the burn. I'm very interested in the salt replacement sachets, i've never heard of them before other than the ones for icky tum! any idea what they're called? if not i'll explain at the chemist.

Thanx xx
So if the legion hat is so uncool go for the Nike cap and make sure he wears it. Sunstroke can be deadly.
Amanda, they are likely to be the same thing because the ones you mean are for combatting dehydration through losing fluid & body salts due to diarrhoea... the ones we buy are called Diarolite (or some similar spelling!) We were advised to give these years ago by a chemist, whenever your kids show signs of listlessness and/or feverishness when abroad..we had a few good days missed because of this, the next year we gave them the sachets as soon as the signs started and it completely changed them! I too have taken them if I felt tired or drained from the heat.. worked wonders. :lol:
Ah ha! yes i know of them, i gave them to my little boy when he was a baby and was very poorly, they come in orange and blackcurrent, i never thought about using them on holiday, that's an excellant idea. thanks. x :D hey ever tried them for a hangover!?!? i don't drink often because it takes me days to recover (goodness did i just admit to getting old!)
Hey Merlot67

You are fantastic, i have just double checked with the NHS help line and they assure me that it is perfectly safe to give my little one diarolite throughout the day to combat dehydration. i'm gonna post this on the forum, if that's ok!? your a star. :thanks
Fine with me Amanda! I knew it was, have been using them for years! lol...and I do believe they work with hangovers too, but with lesser effect maybe. But they are truley a godsend with kids & they can take them from a pretty young age too........ :lol:
They are fine to give to children, they don't taste very pleasant so buy the plain ones which you can mix with thier favourite juice or squash.

And yes they are very helpful with hangovers :glynis
Hi Ive just booked a holiday to tunisia well the taj maharba in sousse, for
myself, my partner and little boy who is 20 mnths old.

Im starting to worry that it isnt suitable for him, has anyone ever took young children, if so can you advise me. Also if you know if you can
get things like nappies and baby milk out there.

cheers

zelda
Have just returned from two weeks in Sousse. There is a Magazin General not far from the Tej Marhaba that sells nappies, not sure about baby food though. It is on two floors, you go down some stairs to the basement where there is more food stuff.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.