Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Welcome to the forum! :wave:

We do have a Barbados expert on the team, hopefully he'll see your post ;)

Pippy :)
We've been to Barbados umpteen times but we don't have any children ourselves so wouldn't specifically look for child-friendly hotels.

Are you looking for an all-inclusive option when the option of a villa is not available?

Barbados is a relative small island but has two type of areas. You have the south coast area that is best described as "lively" and the west coast area that is much quiter.

Prices of accommodation on the west coast are much dearer. The west coast is known as the "platinum" coast due to the high-end market hotels and restaurants.

A little more information on what you exacly want out of your holiday would help.

Mark :)
We stayed at the Almond Beach Village last April with our two children and had an enjoyable time. However, given the current woe's regarding the Almond Casuarina (see seperate thread) I'm not sure I want to recommend an Almond resort.

The other two family friendly all-inc hotel's we liked the look of were Turtle Beach on the south coast and Crystal Cove in Holetown on the west coast. My sister's stayed at both and thought they were excellent.

However, I think you may struggle with your budget, especially if you want All-Inc, and also fitting you all in one hotel room may be a problem.
Have a look at Almond Beach Village. It is def geared towards children. I can't give it a personal recommendation as I have no kids either but I do know that it is very popular.
We have reviews here

edit
posted together Crockett! :)
hmmm
having looked at the most recent reviews, which are def changed from last year, I think Crockett might be right about it. :(
How bizarre, I replied to this post earlier but it doesn't seem to be here!

Anyway, it was a post to say thank you for your replies and advise.

I think we were looking to go AI at a hotel because of the facilities for the children, but then if we did go in a villa there is still plenty to do.

We are actually going over to watch the cricket so a few days will be taken up with that.

I think we may have to look into the cost again, as I think our budget maybe a little small!

:cheers
Check out Escape at Prospect Bay which is situated on the south coast:

http://www.virginholidays.co.uk/brochures/caribbean/holidays/caribbean/barbados/escape_at_the_gap/prices.aspx

It may you just be within your budget and is all inclusive. It has children's facilities too.

Mark :)
Hi Mark, thanks very much, I've just had a look and it looks really nice, there seems to be a problem with Virgin website at the moment, but will go back later for a costing. Cheers!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.