Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Fethyie
7 Posts
theres not a huge lot to do in fethiye, theres no nice beaches, theres a nice harbour, good shopping centre. its about 6-8 miles from the lovely olu deniz with a fab lagoon. really depends what you are looking for, we stayed at letoonia which is on the outskirts of fethiye and has lovely views, but fethiye is more a working town in my opinion,its nice but not what i consider a typical holiday resort, hope this helps
As Ellie meg says, it depends what you want. Fethiye is not the best resort in the area but funnily enough we have chosen to go there this year, to The Letoonia Club resort which is an All inclusive hotel just outside the town. We love Olu Deniz but after going there for 6 years running, felt we needed a change. We do love Fethiye though, we spend a week on a gulet most years,which starts and ends in Fethiye so we have gotten to know it quite well. Some of its not to be missed things are:

The Fish market restaurants, where you can chose and buy your fish and then take it to one of the restaurants that surround the market square and they will cook it for you for the price of the accompanyments. Go early evening and the astomsphere is fabulous, fairy lights in the trees and musicians to accompany your meal.

The car cemetry bar (in the old town area). Here its great to sit outside and watch people walking past. They sometimes have live music and later thumping disco music.

The ampitheatre ruins, right by the harbour and free to walk around.

You can get a ferry to Calis beach several times a day. Not a great beach but its a beach.

Your can get a bus to Hisaronu and also Olu Deniz. Takes about 35 - 40 minutes. There are lots of buses all day and night. You can spend the whole day there.

Hope you enjoy it,

We thought about staying at this hotel
http://www.yachtplazahotel.com/index.htm

PS Just had a look at Ibrehim Bey Hotel. Its sounds nice but its quite a way outside Fethiye town, its actually more Calis Beach, but it does have good reviews.
Many thanks

Still deciding - may be we should look at Calis or Olu Deniz

Dee
I have not stayed in Calis (quick visit) but we have stayed in Olu and I would say if you have any mobility problems then this place is ideal, all of the hotels are accessible to the town (unless you're out at Lykia world) but they are easy to get around, to get to the beach, to get over to the lagoon, there is a walkway behind the beach where the paragliders land which takes you from one end of the beach to the other, and down to the lagoon and park area, so it is easy to get around. The town itself is in a couple of streets, but you aren't out of the way. It is also easy to get the Dolmus from the dolmus station down at the front which will take you up to Hisaronu or right through to Fethiye also.

It is a beautiful place in my opinion but certainly not difficult to get around. When we go away, I like to be able to wander around at night in a town, and you can do that in this resort, its small enough to get around easily, but has such stunning and beautiful scenery with many lovely places to stay.

Regards, Karen
Many thanks Karen

That seems ideal

I am going to check hotels out for this area

Anyone any suggestons they would be most welcome

Dee
if youre after all incs then these few all are good in olu deniz, belcekiz beach, olu deniz resort and sun city, or for bb karbel always gets good reviews, there are a few karbels think they are sister hotels. have a read up on these hotels before booking to make sure they are suitable to your needs .

olu deniz is lovely and im sure you will love it, olu itself is fairly flat but to reach hisaronu or fethiye theres a very steep hill that you can catch a dolmus up as too far and steep to walk

there is a thread running on the karbel hotel read this

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=133545
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.