Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
My family of 3 adults and 2 children are going to this hotel on 4th August and we have considered this very carefuly with all the negative reviews going around and have decided to go with an open mind, every holiday we have gone on there have been bad reviews food drink etc - i have never had a bad time at Fuerntura and holiday vilage turkey both all inclusive the amount of people moaning about crap food crap drink rude staff dirty pool area dirty rooms etc, every place we have visited we have found totaly rude/ill mannered people who don't cover up food trays/hot plates when they have piled there plate high like a mountain, think more of the bar than there kids, don't clean up after themselves leaving rubbish around pool side even when there are trolley's and bins everywere still decide to chuck on the floor, and people who are totaly rude to staff.
Sometimes we are realy ashamed to be british when we go on holiday because of some of the calibur of clients that go here.
I have read all the reviews and have thought hard about it the only difference between this hotel and others we have stayed at that have complaints is one family has gone on telly about it.
Me my family have never got ill on holiday watch what you eat drink and you'll be fine if you go with the thought of i've paid all inclusive and eat and drink as much as possible then you will probably get ill, we saw this at the holiday village last year when parents were letting there kids and themselves pile there plates high, also when they had a sweet/donut afternoon tea parents/kids were going up and piling there plates when staff put out smaller plates to stop people being so greedy you should of heard some of the abuse.
We are going and will make up our own minds on this holiday all advise has been taken in this is the eight year traveling with this company and have never had a problem yet.
Just one reason why we do not do all inclusive! Much prefer a private apartment booked direct with owners and not surrounded by fellow Brits. I also prefer to put some money back into the immediate area by frequenting local shops for food etc. Many people in AI hotels do not even venture out of the grounds. Slightly off topic I admit - sorry!!

I have always had the feeling that corners are cut at all inclusive hotels - various postings about such hotels have not caused me to change my mind.

Pippa
I know now why I don't do package holidays any longer.

Sue
I know now why I don't do package holidays any longer.

No problem with package holidays as such, but all inclusive is best avoided, especially in Bulgaria.

Peter
Hi All, I've been following this thread with interest and I truly hope those of you going to this hotel have a wonderful holiday. Having been away on holiday when one of our party became very ill with a 'viral' sickness bug (must add we were self catering though, but feel the problem came from food eaten from the poolside bar at our accomodation) I have to say that I wouldn't take this holiday unless I had explored every avenue,ie. contact Ros. The member of my party that was ill does not overeat, overdrink, or overindulge in any way but still picked up this bug. Luckily it was an adult that was affected and thankfully my 2 year old son didn't get it, but I have never seen a grown man so ill in all my life. I'm not sure what I'd do in your situation, but I'd certainly get in touch with Ros for her opinion. I have spoken to her secretary in the past and have been given very sound advice.
people always can get sick on holiday, a combination of foods that may be too rich not use to etc or the unlucky one that gets a bad meal something uncooked, as i said previous most instances were we have seen people ill is the over induljunce of food and drink, this in mind i hope i don't get ill on holiday.
With S/C hols at moment i don't find them enjoyable as i want to get away from a kitchen etc and don't want to worry about finding a nice place to eat etc when i get up. also worries of taking enough money, we still go out maybe a couple of times for a meal as a change to break up holiday so to put money back into the locals hands, with young kids wanting drinks ice creams all the time all inclusive is ideal and not having to worry about taking a wallet/purge out with you all the time.
Hi everyone,

Just back from Royal Park last Saturday. We was like all you, very worried about all the reports on this forum and contacted FC to see if we could get a move but got the same response. There is 2 problems with this hotel:

1. The food. It seemed to be cooked ok while we was there and saw on a couple of times staff coming out checking the temp of the food but it was all the same stuff everyday and what was there was not very edible but I suppose you have to remember that your are in Bulgaria so expect different food. Although 1 night there was chicken innards made up into a stew :yikes

2. Entertainment. There are 2 main venues for entertainment of an evening, the ampitheartre which alot of the time you have to pay an entrance fee and the animation hall were again, sometimes you have to pay to enter so as a result there are alot of people sat around doing knothing but playing cards of an evening.

We was surprised to here the hotel had been on the tele while we was there because honestly there is no more sickness going on at the hotel than there is at any other hotel in Europe. We had a dodgy tummy for a couple of days but nothing out the norm.

By the end of the 1st week though we had, had enough of the food so was eating out most of the time, Sunny beach is only 10 mins away and only 3 lev each to get there plus pako's is just outside the complex which serves great english food at a good price.

All in all, we had a really good holiday and didn't let the poor food upset us, the hotel is immaculate and all the staff are very nice. The beach and sea are fantastic and if you get the chance go on the VIP cruise and the jeep safari, they are the 2 best trips they do and had a brilliant time on both.

Hope this makes a few of you feel alittle better before you go.

P.S Don't forget to take some playing cards, you will need them!
Hi sonic08

It would be appreciated if you could copy and paste your review HERE

Thanks

luci :wave
Thanks for this making holiday better not sure on having to pay for entertainment didn't hear of this before
Hi all
Getting ill on holiday is so common as has already been mentioned. I think it is a case of being sensible and following the usual guidelines. As others have said too, every hotel/holiday venue receives good and bad reviews. We are all different. It is upsetting though to read negative reviews about a place you have saved up all year to have your family vacation. If you decide to go then hopefully you will all have a great time. The country is a great place to holiday.

Best wishes
Jules
I completely agree with Dizzyb, I have personally read really bad reviews about places I have been to and had a wonderful time, I recently read some on trip advisor that was going on about how filthy the place was and the pool was giving all the kids ear infections and they were all walking around with cotton wool stuck in thier ears, I was at this hotel at the exact same time as at leat two of these bad reviews and saw none of the above mentioned, and not one child walking around with cotton wool is their ears. I think a holiday is what you make it and when you have saved hard and looked forward to it all year their is not alot that can spoil it for you. I also think it is very common to get dodgy stomach on holiday something my husband and youngest daughter have on a regular basis on hols and yes we have done both S/c and All inc and they will have regular bouts of deli belly and my eldest daughter and I seem to be fine......Happy Hols everyone and dont forget to top up the suncream :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.