Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
First Choice
754 Posts
Have never booked seats together for 5 in my family and we have always sat together - 3 in one row, 2 either behind or in front. We have always asked for a window seat and always been lucky enough to get one. You can ask, whether you get is another story. You ask for a window seat, I love looking out the window!!
With first choice all seats are allocated 2 weeks before and there is no way of changing them at check in
Since when?? I have booked through First Choice and flown on their planes the past couple of years and have always asked at check-in for seats together for my family and a window seat for my youngest son to look out of and they have always obliged.
For further discussion regarding FCA, please use THIS TOPIC.

Many thanks.

Pippy :D
We booked a holiday online with FC as soon as the brochures were out for Oct 2006. We now have an important query regarding building work at the hotel (we are both disabled and the info is even more important to know as we will be unable to get around if what we have heard is true) but we cannot get a reply to our emails or even an acknowledgement of them. Anyone able to offer any advice?

Sorry to hear this, but ring or email the hotel where you are staying.

good luck

kazee
Thanks kazee
We did this and got no reply to any questions regarding works in progress, just a simple answer to another query!
I have posted on the Lanzarote forum(Los Zocos) to see if any members can help but no one has replied.
Welshlass

If you can pop into your local FC Travelshop - they should help - Given your name I assume you are Welsh, if its South Wales you live in, they have shops in Cwmbram, Newport, Aberdare, Merthyr and Cardiff Bay.

Regards
Juse been onto the First Choice website and it says that if you arrange your own travel insurance you should inform them about it eight weeks prior to departing. Is this true? I have arranged my own insurance but have not informed First Choice. I leave in two weeks, is this a problem?
I always book with FC (Eclipse Direct), never buy their insurance and have never informed them other than at the time of booking.
This has never been a problem for me, maybe others will advise otherwise.

Pippy :D
No i dont think its a problem, however i would check.

I suspect they prefer to know because no-one should travel without insurance
Hi All, I have just seen that FC have just cancelled the KABC 24hrs before the first people are due to go, after PP and PT last year i would not trust FC with another new build again, i nearly booked the DR HV and found out that fc was advertising the HV and not even got the contract for the hotel, it was still trading as the Occidental Jack Tar with Airtous and Cosmos, i dont know how FC gets away with the way they treat their customers. :bhead
hi all :wave ....i allways buy my insurance independantly and i have never informed the tour operators,.i buy annual multi trip .......regards..john-doe
Hi

We went out to mexico in April with FC and had our own insurance through the bank and didn't inform them. No-one questioned it when the tickets were issued. Since I'm posting just wanted to say that we have had nothing but good service from Eclipse and have recently booked with them for the third time.

Pam
Perhaps I shouldn't be saying this but I know that earlier this year a directive from First Choice senior Management was that no holiday must be booked without any insurance details and if a customer didn't know or didn't have their insurance details with them at the time of booking, then FC insurance MUST be sold. On the basis that you have the 14 day cooling off period, and the distinct possibility that the customer would forget to come back with their own details so would be stuck with FC!!!
re: dom rep hv.
i can find the jack tar on airtours or cosmos web sites.
i know it has closed for refubishment.
i hope this isnt another one of f/c tricks as we have booked this for next year. i keep trawling the web for upto date info.
Thanks Happening
We have rung FC and a letter is in the post to us :!: :!: :!:
We booked our next holiday for 2007 with FC in April of this year and weren't asked about insurance at all.
Hi Seeds, FC HV in the DR has only just last month got the contract from the Occidental group, but what gets me is how can FC advertise a hotel when at the same time Airtous and Cosmos are advertising the hotel as Occendental Jack Tar until last month. it was FC who said that the new HV in the DR was Occidental Jack Tar and the hotel was closing agt the end of May for a full reverbishment, i believe any tour operator should not sell a hotel until they have got the contract to do so, and as for the KABC anyone who has been let down get in contact with the bbc and lets name and shame FC and then perhaps they will stop messing people about so often. :bhead
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.