Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
First Choice
754 Posts
Thanks Joan.

I booked direct with First Choice so at least it won't be so expensive to change.

thanks again

x
Have just had my invoice from First Choice and it says 50 pound per person credit for Flight Adjectment could anyone tell me what this means, the flights on the invoice are the same as the ones I booked?
Hi

I have just looked on the first choice web page for a holiday for 2007, and then went onto Eclipse, and the same holiday was £350 cheaper!!
I might be being thick but I thought they were the same company - £350 is a big difference for the same holiday, with the 'same' holiday company -can anyone explain please. I am wondering if perhaps First Choice maybe have better rooms?

thanks

J :shock:
Nope it is same but it is an internet company so no shops to maintain etc so not same overheads.I saved around 800 pounds cos first choice matched my price from eclipse and it is same in every single way.
If they match it in the shop they will charge you a small booking fee it cost us 10 pounds each last week.
The only difference between FC holidays and Eclipse holidays is the price :wink:

Pippy :D
If you make an early booking with Eclipse on the telephone rather than on the net they often let you pay a low deposit as well. Although sometimes the price seems a little lower on the web than on the phone for some reason. (web-discount perhaps?)
First choice holidays can be booked over the phone on the internet or through a travel agent.

Eclipse holidays can only be booked over the phone or on the internet not through a travel agent.

Because Eclipse is the direct sell branch you are cutting out the middle man ie travel agent so prices are lower.

You still get the same holiday whichever one you book with.
Even more interesting at the moment is the fact that you can get 2 different prices for the same holiday on the eclipse website depending on how you ask the question.
How do you mean Steve?
I dont know if this is what you mean, but if you price a holiday on their website for 2 you get a different price than if you price it for 4 and half it. We would have been better off making 2 bookings for 2 people in each, for the same holiday we booked for 4.
Hpe that made sense.
Bridd
Perhaps you are getting double any special offers by booking 2 and 2.
dont want to reveal too much in public as I still haven't received my confirmation, but that is not it. In our case it is £700 difference.

Last year we booked the holiday and I found that if I priced the rooms individually we could have saved money, no that is not quite the way to say it. By booking all the rooms together in one booking it was costing me extra money, so I phoned up and demanded an explanation, which they couldn't come up with and so when they came up with the same figures they refunded the difference. And that was on top of all the other discounts they gave us. Worth trying.
Is Eclipse going into meltdown? As with all these sites I managed to get through to finish my booking, but since then it has been a nightmare. I tried all options one day and still gave up after a 35 minute wait in silence. I tried a couple of days later and left it over 45 minutes and still just silence interspersed with "you can upgrade to premium ...etc" although how if no one answers the phone beats me. tried again a bit later and pressed the make a payment button by mistake. Surprise surprise it was answered, but the young lady could only take payments not do anything else with the booking such as give me my discounts..
I still have to get through so if anyone has a geographic number for Eclipse, much appreciated as the saynoto0870 FC ones don't work for Eclipse holidays!

It transpires that now I have received my confirmation, my payment has still not been processed as the Accounts department have a large backlog of payments to process, which is causing problems as people are missing their deadlines and it is down to the accounts department, apparently.

The web site "contact us email" is not much better as it says we will try to respond within 24 hours. I am now assuming it is within 24 hours of the flight taking off.
Tried the amend a booking not made on the website number and it quotes that all amendments will face an admin fee of £15. Then it put me through to an unobtainable number!

Just checked and the cheaper holiday anomoly is still there.

If you use the leaving soon search to locate a holiday, once you have the price try it again using a different route, such as the all inclusive link on the home page. This gives us a link to the same hotel but the prices are nearly £100 pp cheaper. Doesn't work for all but worth a check.
I had similar troubles trying to book with eclipse so i tootled down to the first choice shop who matched the price that eclipse showed on the web and got all the first choice service and confirmation then and there so i would recommend that if you are struggling.Asi mentioned in earlier post it saved me 800 quid so worth trying any way possible to get it at that price.
Hi Guys :D I have booked online with FC and have emailed them to see if i can change my inflight meal to wheat free. This was last week and i have had no reply. Had an automated email saying i will get a response but i havent! cant get through on the phone - any advice? 8)
Steve, I've found when you press the 'leaving soon' on the eclipse website they list holidays from First choice and Sunstart. I think you are getting the first choice price rather than eclipse. If, as you said, you go down another route by pressing AI or the name of the hotel, you get the Eclipse price.

Well i think so :hmmm

Starry
I have had to email Eclipse over a couple of things in the last month and the reply has been slow - i.e up to 7 days but they have sorted everything out and answered all my queries. I even got a phone call to apologise.

maybe they are shortstaffed due to holidays..........................it is cheaper to go out of school holidays of course!!!!!!!

Bear with them, I haven't had cause to fault them and we have travelled with them loads ....just wish they had a few more hotels to choose from sometimes!
Well done FC, very pleased they have price matched Eclipse for me for next years holiday.

:yipee kazee
Oooer seems a bit ridiculous on FC behalf especially as they are part of the same group.

Kath HT Admin
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.