Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
First Choice
754 Posts
I might try that. I don't suppose they'd match the Eclipse online price (usually cheaper than FC) but it's worth a go :wink:
Pippy, my local Travel Choice shop seemed to be very willing to match any price as long as you were traveling with First Choice (ie not Thomson, Airtours etc) so it is worth a try.

:gluck
Graham
i booked my hols with first choice on tuesday going to turkey. i got an internet price match with them from their website. i went on to check the holiday for a friend and the price was 100 pounds cheaper. i have e-mailed them to ask if they like other tour operators reimburse monies if you find the holiday cheaper within a period of time. does anybody know if they do as 100 pounds isn,t a lot of money but better in my pocket than theirs.
littlemisshoney :wave

THIS may help you a little.

Graham 8)
For our holiday to Egypt for this year we priced the holiday on the FC website and then went in to a Travel Choice (FC) shop who matched the online price and we were then able to get the low deposit facility as well.

I might try that. I don't suppose they'd match the Eclipse online price (usually cheaper than FC) but it's worth a go

I went into our local First Choice shop a few months ago and asked if they could match an online price from Eclipse, the assistant told me that they would be able to match it, but they wouldn't be able to offer a low deposit in conjunction with such a generous discount! :roll:
Hi Pippi, been away from the Pc for the last few days!

Not too sure on this year but this is what happened last year.

Our summer brochure last year was scheduled for release on the 1st of May, However they sneaked into the shops two or weeks before.

To be one of the first to get the brochure this year, go into a Holiday Hypermarket or shop (or phone the store) and give them your details.

They will then give you details over the phone when it arrives. Most Holiday Hypermarkets have a brochure release party for all customers that advance registrate their summer brochure on the day of release.

The Hypermarkets have excellent facilities for kids, so you can take them down whilst you look through the brochure.

Hope this helps! :P
Thanks Scotlad :tup

Not sure if I've got an HH near me (Worthing, Sussex), will investigate.

The Hypermarkets have excellent facilities for kids, so you can take them down whilst you look through the brochure.

Mine are 15 and 17, so I think they'd want to give it a miss! :lol: :wink:

Pippy :D
Summer 2007 launches on the 12th April
Yiipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :D
12th April!!! That's 3 days before I go to Gran Canaria, I'll have to wait until I get back, I'll have post-holiday depression by then and be really in the mood to book another one :lol: Not sure where I want to go next summer though, as much as I adore my beloved Canary islands I fancy a change, and it's been a long time since I was in the Balearics, so I might look at that.... oooohhh, getting excited already 8)
Will it just be the FC brochure that you get in travel agents that is launched on 12th April, or will I be able to request an Eclipse one by phone then?
2 and a half weeks - i was close!

The Falcon, JWT (irish) Sunstart, Premier and Unijet brochures should be released at the same time as the Summer Sun Brochure.

The Eclipse and brochure will possibly have a different start date, these can only be delivered to your door by advance registration, which i think you can do on the internet or by phone.
First Choice strike again!

I booked the Pegasos Palace/Tropical holiday village in May 2005 for May 2006. Less than 9 weeks to go.

Have just found out through HT that the Pegasos Tropical is now not going to be opening until July which basically takes away half of the resort for my use. This includes, swimming pools, restaurants and entertainment. It appears that they have dropped the prices for booking now, which as far as I am concerned is because half of the facilities are no longer available.

Does anyone know if I have any rights here? I have emailed them and told them of my annoyance but don't expect a quick reply.

Thanks

Catherine x
hi ..to all. :D booked early to go to furtventura on april 19 wish i had waited paid £100 extra looking at to-day prices oh dear oh dear :cry: johndoe
booked early to go to furtventura

Hi Johndoe :wave

When did you book :?:
hi to you..kiltman-graham.. :D booked this holiday the first week in feb normally unless very special i always book last minute never mind i just dry my eyes and get on with it :cry: regards ..johndoe
Hi all :wave
We normally travel with thomson and they have a great website for flying with them(loads of info)
I have tried looking for one with first choice but the only one i found told me nothing. Does anyone have a link that would be of use to me please?
Thanks
Kerrie
Only me again
I found this one,maybe it will help someone else out in the future.
It seems to be alot more helpful.
Kerrie :wink:

http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/info/travelinfo/flyingbaggage.html
Always travel with FCA - much prefer to Thomson. Although am a little biased I suppose, as we always upgrade to premium seats with First Choice as this is avaliable from where we fly from-unlike Thomson.
You should have no probs with First Choice :) :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.