Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
First Choice
754 Posts
There are premium upgrade prices on the flight schedule pages at the back of the brochure (list of departure airports and supplements pages) - for short haul you can only fly premium on one of the A321's from either Bristol, East Midlands, Stanstead or Gatwick.

The other way of finding out the price is by adding it to your holiday online and it will give you a costing. There are only 24 seats available on each flight so you will need to book them in advance to guarentee the seats.

If you are flying long haul the 767 fleet have the star class premier cabin. When you book your holiday online it should give you the option of upgrading to Star class premier with a costing. Any problems then you should try ringing first choice :)
Oh Dear! Bashing my favourite travel company. FCA is by far the best company. Ample leg room, good food, excellent staff, fair pricing. Last march 24 of us went to HOL. Cuba to attend my daughters `Fairytale Wedding` We had a fab time. This March(06) we went (8 of us) to Kovalam, Kerala. Sth. India. We celebrated my daughters 1st Wedding Anniversary with a Keralan Wedding breakfast. at the Uday Samudra Beach Resort. The hotel mnager made sure all was in order. Our flight back was as uneventful as the outward trip. This was my tenth trip to India, and I have flown with most airlines. FCA is by far the choice airline.
Joe Blake
Im travelling on first choice airline in 6 weeks
2 hour flight to menorca

Anyone any info , as to how good they with taking a 4yr old on board

Our little one has his own seat.
Hi Denise

Might be better if you post your question HERE in the FCA thread in the flights forum :wink:

Pippy :D
hi denise, where are you staying, im of in just over 6 weeks, wondered if we would be on the same flight,
Can't really knock the FC flights, I just wish my suitcase had the opportunity to enjoy the flight like I did.
I also wish that FC had actually cared at all when they found out.
According to customer services, FC staff not caring and also telling me that it was "my problem the case was in London and not on holiday with me" were acting correctly and in accordance with their training at all times.
how come your suitcase got lost, did they explain to you? x
Steve - although FCA are the carrier, FCA are not fully responsible for your bag being left in the UK.

The bags are loaded and handled by handling agents, FCA use Groundstar at LGW. The handling agents are therefore responsible for the handling of your bags.

The only genuine reason that would make it your fault, would be if you forgot to check the bag in and left it at the front of the queue without being green-tagged.

Bags often go missing but 99% of the time they turn up. You should have completed a lost baggage form at your arrival airport handling agent's desk who would then try and trace the bag's location.

Hope it turned up in the end! Its happened to me before and it was a very stressful experience!
Hi Scotlad.
I was adding a bit of dry humour to the thread as I have raised my problem in a couple of places already.

In a few words as it is repeating myself, our case (wife and I shared one) didn't arrive in Sharm. FC traced it that night to London. Despite daily arrivals at the hotel from London, the case didn't make it to the hotel until lunch time the day before we came home and I and my daughter (check in had put it in her name) had to waste the morning to go to the airport ourselves in our taxi, I even had to pay the fare, to get it.

My statements come from a witnessed quote by the First Choice Hotel Reps' Supervisor to the effect that FC are only responsible for "Lost" baggage and mine wasn't lost they knew where it was all the time and the fact that I was in Egypt without it was not FCs problem , it was mine.

On return I put in an official complaint about her but was told that all the FC staff had acted correctly and imparted the correct information in all instances.

The latest update to the saga is that I did not take a contract out with Groundstar and FC would not let me load my own bag onto the plane and so it IS FCs fault as far as I am concerned. I have informed them of the fact that I had the contract with them and so I hold them responsible and therefore they should deal with any third parties they involve, not me and they have totally ignored me, not even an acknowledgement.

I did also point out to them that their condoning of the interference with luggage by the chap at the Sharm airport who demands £1 per case for loading onto the coach and is not employed by FC or their agents, invalidates their baggage insurance and also that of the clients according to all the wording I have read. They have not responded on that either.
Do you know why your bag was not loaded onto the flight?
It was in the middle of 6, nothing special about it. We weren't first to book in by a long chalk but we were early.
The reason must be that they dropped it off the trolley or whatever they use and didn't bother to pick it up. No damage was done to it.
My intimation is that it was down to gross negligence on their behalf, particularly now when there are supposed to be no unattended bags and planes are delayed and baggage unloaded if a passenger decides not to travel at the last minute. So I can't give any guidance on how to avoid this happening.
Have you checked your travel insurance?

I worked for Airtours and indeed the same was applicable, we couldn't be held accountable for missing, lost or damaged luggage (we would however try to help as much as possible). Alot of airport procedures are indeed carried out by agents and the airline cannot be held responsible.

Most travel insurance companies do cover loss of bags and even in a case like yours where the luggage is located but cannot be sent to you straight away they will normally cover some of your expenses incured.
Hi Marcus. Couple of quick points. Travel insurance does not cover your luggage whilst not in your possession/control, when it is, and is accepted as such, the responsibility of the tour operator(acknowledged by FC before the holiday). They subcontract but have the insurance to cover this period. They do not advertise this and only admit it as a last resort. Also their insurance doesn't cover the baggage when it is not in their control or that of a third party employed by them. (I read the small print!) This means that with FC tolerating the "pound a bag" men at Sharm, they are actually invalidating both their insurance and that of the client.
My House insurance covers all my stuff for loss or damage, but not delay. Didn't think of that one with all the security issues. In my case I went to film the fish, but the underwater camcorder case was in the luggage so the holiday was a waste of time. They didn't accept my holiday receipt as proof of unnecessary expenses incurred!
I know your house insurance may cover possessions but i'm talking about travel insurance - did you take out full travel cover? If so they normally cover items like toiletries, clothing etc that you need to buy in resort if your bag is not with you for any reasonable length of time.

I think with First Choice you're probably fighting a losing battle :roll: .
My Household insurance offers better cover than the travel insurance for possessions, however as discussed and confirmed with First Choice beforehand, they are responsible for the luggage once it is checked in and also when it is in the care of their carrier in the resort and they do have insurance to cover this. The problem is that the training of the staff ensures that this is not raised or promoted at any time. In this time of high security I did not think that a bag would be left unattended and so dismissed the risk of delayed baggage as miniscule. Wrong...
In the resort I went to great pains to ask the FC staff what the procedure was but FC staff supervisor went to great pains to tell me that FC were not at all responsible and it was my problem I didn't have the cover on MY travel insurance.. On return the insurance company FC used asked on the claim form how much money had been given to me by the reps, so there is a procedure for the reps to follow which they don't. FC haven't responded for 47 days and their insurance company for a month before that so I need to look up the process and raise the stakes.
Hi All, FC are now charging £15pounds admin charge to book over the phone, so be carefull. :hmmm
Does anyone know when summer 2007 first choice holidays go on sale?
You may have got a better answer in the Tour Op forum, but...

Wednesday 12th April i believe, which is tommorow.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.