Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Just wondering why it is so cheap. We were there in May and Buffalo was 3 lira for an Efes.The resort has picked up in recent weeks and things are much busier, surprised they have reduced prices.

Whilst I agree these prices are excellent, there are many many more which are charging prices similar to UK, eg Loveboat steak is 28 lira, but typical;ly steak prices are around 22/25 lira

Stewart
I have eaten in the Loveboat, and there is knowhere where I live that I can dine in a restaurant like that with the excellent service and a steak!! for ony £12. :think
These are active prices and im told by the owner of the Buffalo (Sugar) that these prices have been all season.
Crispy - We were getting 2.5 YTL to the £ in june so that makes it nearer to £11 - as you say can't get it for that price, or anything like the service, in the UK.

RWB - one thing I did find is that bottled Efes tends to be slightly dearer than draught and not many places seemed to have draught available. However even 3 Lira (at 2.5 lira to the pound) is better than half what I pay in the UK.

English Breakfast (if you want that sort of thing abroad) is typically 5YTL (£2). I can't buy the ingredients for that. Turkish breakfast tended to be around 8 lira.

Fish baked in Salt at OZZYs - depends on the size of your fish but we reckoned 38 Lira was really good value for money

Bear in mind that all meals include the free pitta bread and dips and the value does look really good!

Dave
The yes restauraunt, opposite side of road from Tansas walking down first on left hand side.

13.99 Lıra for a set meal wıth any chıcken dısh.

18.99 Lıra for a set meal wıth any steak dısh this includes T-Bone.

Set meal also includes soup meze garlic bread tea or coffee.

They also do a free pıck up service and drop you back to your hotel also.

Rather cheap and some still thınk its expensive.
  • Edited by rwb46 2009-08-23 21:25:13
Rather cheap and some still thınk its expensive.

Can't see it, myself :rofl :rofl

Dave
See this Dave.
Tratorio de bistro situated in the old village, If you were to walk from the Wayside restauraunt take the 1st left and Tratorio de bistro is last on this short street also on your left, They are doing set meals for 9 and 12 Lira, Dont ask what they contain as I havent yet tried.
  • Edited by rwb46 2009-08-16 13:30:16
Just a note of caution with any set meals you order, If it says on the signs at the restauraunts that the pitta bread and dips are with the set menu fine, If they dont state this they will add on a minimum 5 lira charge, Not much I know but be warned it does happen in The Red Lion restauraunt.
I must add, we found the Tratorio de Bistro in June when we were there, and although I didn't have the set menu, the meals we had there were lovely. Definitely a return trip there when we come back in October.
Ive never been charged for the bread and dips - infact ive always been told its complimentary! Can say ive eaten in the Red Lion to be honest though!!

Louise
talking about food in icmeler i dont know how many of you like indian food. if there is anyone who does and have not tried taj mahal then it is a must the food is to die for and the service is excellent
Must admit I have never paid for my meze anywhere I have been
wayside,waterfall were my faves but closely followed by most others we ate in,quality food is plentyful in this resort and not easy to end up with a bad one.
Last week in Icmeler at the Black Sea Restaurant we had the special as follows:-

Any Soup
Garlic Bread
Turkish Mezi
Any Chicken or Turkish or Pasta dish
Large Efes or Soft Drink

for 19TL, you could have any Beef dish including steak for an extra 2TL

I though that was a bargin and the food and Service was excellent

Dave
cant fault that dk,we just booked again for next year so will look out for there
Update, Buffalo bar is now 1.5tl for one pint of Efes.
The Yes restauraunt is now 14.99 for set menu with any steak meal this includes T-bone steak.
rwb46
you should try taj mahal while you are their
as we went 3 times in a week.
happy holiday
We dined in Wayside, Waterfall, Set steakhouse, Dream 3 bells, Moonlight, Dreamboys, Sylvias, a couple of Lakanters sp? which were superb. To mant eateries to choose from.

All great food.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.