Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
At the moment, the no surcharge guarantee for bookings made before the end of January 2008, is still displayed on the H4U website. It can be accessed via a link in my post on the previous page.

An identical no surcharge guarantee has apparently been removed from the Aegean website today. However, a Google cached copy can still be accessed via a link in that same post on the previous page.

David :wave
I contacted Aegean through their website and got an email back from them not long after with the following reply

Thank you for your email.

I can only apologise for the error on our part. We have had to add
fuel surcharges to some bookings but, yes, if you booked before 31 Jan 08,
there will be no surcharge to pay.

Please would you email me your reference number so I can amend the
booking. Should you receive an invoice and letter, please disregard the
charges.

Once again, I apologise.
my charges have now been taken off, thanks everyone for letting me know and your help. ;)
ive just emailed aegean stating i booked flights last year and hopefully they will email me back.
hi

ive got flights booked for aug 08 with aegean and i havent heard anything from them re these surcharges but i did book these last june so i shouldnt have to pay any, just checked online and it does seem to have added 5 surcharges on, ill ring them tomorrow, does anyone know the name of the person dealing with this thanks

karen
Hi karen . I was foolish enough not to take a name but mine has been removed on "my bookings" . you do need to speak on H4U there is a number above .

Ive just edited my post as reading it back it looked confusing .

just spoke to H4U who removed my surcharge and putting a new confirmation in post . She confirmed I had a surcharge . I said they had a quaurantee on their website saying no surcharges for those bookings made before Jan 08 , she made an attempt to look at the website and said she couldnt find anything to support that , was very polite and persisted saying it had been removed this afternoon but I had a copy from this morning . Ok she said I will remove it . so she knew all along

Ive saved a copy of the cached page to my favourites just in case
It is possible the cached page will disappear as caches clear every now and then so saving in favorites may not be good enough, best to click File --> Save As and store a copy on your PC, this is what I have done.

Dave
thanks for that dave . Im rubbish with computers :(
just checked this morning surcharge now been removed 11 passengers £10.94 works out a lot so thanks to holiday truth
ive just spoken to h4u and shes offered to remove the surcharges but not until i said i had seen the notice the aegean website saying no surcharges if booked before jan 08,she said it was an error but i have a feeling error or no error unless you mention this notice you wont get charges removed :think
Hi there,
I have just checked my booking on aegean website and noticed I had been charged 8 fuel supplement charges totalling £87.52.
I have just rang H4U and without any argument or discussion the lady said there had been an error on my account and i should not have been charged this because i booked in august 2007 and she took it off my account whilst on the phone!!!
They obivously know what they are doing is wrong.
So check your bookings everyone just to make sure.
I have spoken to Aegean flights today and the piece on their website was only posted on there on the 7th January so if you booked before the 7th January it would not apply.

Being honest I can understand them having to put up prices - have you filled up a car recently ! It must cost more to fill up a plane......
Hi Robertthebrave ... it is correct that details of the no-surcharge guarantee were added to the Aegean website on 7th January. However, it advised customers that the company would not be increasing prices on any bookings made before the end of January 2008.

It did not specify new bookings only, or only bookings made between 7th January and 31st January, it specified any bookings made before the end of January.

There may be a degree of ambiguity related to the statements on the Aegean and H4U websites, but H4U do at least seem to be removing the surcharge that was applied to any bookings made before the end of January 2008, including those made in 2007.

David :wave
On Saturday Aegean were informing people that they needed to contact H4U where it appears there have been no issues cancelling the surcharge.

As in my original post on the Onur thread I stated I could understand the increase, but as there was an opportunity on Saturday to have these charges cancelled I jumped at it.

Try H4U to see if they will reverse the surcharge.

I did wonder if they would use "It only applies to bookings after the 7th January" excuse, will keep an eye on my booking to see if they reapply the charges.

Dave
When I rang H4U - the lady I spoke to said straight away that it applies to holidays booked before the 7th January 2008 as that applied to my booking she has now removed the surchages and my booking has been updated.
I think that they are now quite adamant that bookings made before 7th January will not have their surcharges removed - I don t mind anyway. The prices even with the surcharge are a lot cheaper than I could buy elsewhere.
Just called 0844 870 0033 Helen who told me that the no surcharges only applied to flights booked in January 2008 said that my friend had their surcharge removed but she wanted ref no any advice please

Thanks
corriefan
Robertthebrave wrote:
I think that they are now quite adamant that bookings made before 7th January will not have their surcharges removed - I don t mind anyway. The prices even with the surcharge are a lot cheaper than I could buy elsewhere.

are holidays4uk anything to do with H4U Robert? I see you are posting from the former.
Hiya,

Anyone else had a letter today charging extra for fuel supplements?

We've got a charge of £32.82 for the three of us, with a letter apologising for having to ask for the charge. Basically says the airline they're using (in my case BMI) is charging it, they have consulted with ABTA and they've said its a genuine charge.

I don't mind as I understand that costs for fuel have rocketed since we booked, but whats to stop them adding another charge over the next few weeks? However, my brother in law has seriously budgeted for this holiday has a charge of just under £65 to pay for him, his wife and four kids. I have to reassure them that we won't get another letter in a fortnight as this is coming out for their spends!

C xxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.