Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
i bet they are going to deny it as i cant remember the name i spoke to apart from the fact she was a bit abrupt and i did ring first thing morning before the manager had had a look , my thread on here says 10.30 so i know i rang about an hour before that, she said she was sending me out a new invoice so not sure whether to give it a few more days or not
just rang aegean about paying surcharge ,it was remove from the online flight details but had invoice yesterday ,when she took my reference number she said nothing to pay looks like we got away without paying .
I think there are only a handfull of us that phoned on Saturday Kirky that have managed to get away without paying it
They have got to be the rudest company I have ever had the displeasure of talking to. Complete sod off attitude.
i have just rang aegean as i am now woried about this .I had my charge taken off on monday as they said it shouldnt have happened anyway but now i ve seen some of the other posts on here i want clarification.The number has now changed for Agean flights its now 08448700033. Iam waiting for them to call me back although it doesnt show a charge on my online booking check and i have not received a letter from them.I, as well as most of us on here, am not happy to pay this charge ,yes i have got the flights cheap because i booked early ,but i dont think its fair of them to break their price promise to all of us who booked early to "avoid fuel surcharges".Just apply this attitude to any other purchase you may make in any high street store or online store you, wouldnt wear it would you?I wonder if they told ABTA about the price promise when the got permission to charge this? I will let you all know what happens "if" they call back

mick
ive rang them as i was concerned why these surcharges were still showing on my booking, i spoke to the manageress ,strange but they cant find any trace of my call on mon morning or my email on sunday !!! not happy 1 bit, so ive contacted my phone co who are sending me proof of my phone call to them and they have seen my thread on here stating i had phoned mon morning thread time was 10.31am so at least thats proof that i said i rang before they changed the link. they have received my email that i sent on tues asking why the surcharges hadnt been removed as stated mon morning.on monday morning i was also told i would be sent a new invoice which hasnt arrived. im going to send all this info to their manager to see if he will honour the refund of surcharges as soon as i get back from my holiday. i explained to h4u that i was going away for 2 wks she said that was ok and ive emailled them again explaining all of this, so fingers crossed they receive that email !!

flossypothecary rang after me and has had her surcharges removed ,so they were still removing surcharges at that point, so seems to me the person i spoke to monday morning didnt bother to do this, not very nice to be told no you wont have to pay to now yes you will, lets hope they do the honest thing and refund me as told on monday
hi ellie
Didnt wait for Agean to ring I rang H4U instead and have just been told there are no charges for me on my booking ,I asked for confirmation and she said that some people have been charged and others havent :que .She also informed me that the charge is ony half of what it should be ie £25? What i cant understand is why some have been charged and othes not ,i also asked about baggage allowance changes and was informed that it is still 20kgs for onur air and not 15 kgs like some others.I still have 4 weeks to go till i fly so time for a reversal yet :think .So iwould ring them now as they have more operators and seem quite helpful .

mick
I have emailed ABTA to bring to their attention the statement that is STILL on the holidays4u website (although aegean claim it is not- not worth argueing with ignorant people) and to point out that it has been removed from aegeans website- did anyone screen catch it??
Now if Aegean had been a bit more polite to me and not spoken to me like I was an idiot getting on their nerves then maybe I wouldn't be pursueing this.
mick i did ring h4u not aegean flights although she did tell me aegean flights should be dealing with this as i booked with them not h4u
helen when did you ring them and did you ring aegean or h4u
I rang this morning and rang 08444152444 as quoted on here- I don't know who it was as they didn't greet the call with the company name- I was basically and very impolitely told to like or lump it now do you want to pay on credit or debit card? That was before I had even finished talking! I was then without announcement put on hold and transfered through to a 'manager' (I hadn't asked for this) who was even less polite who talked over me whilst I was discussing the impolitehness to tell me she wasn't being rude as she hadn't talked over me! :que Now I train cs reps for a living so may be slightly sensitive to poor customer service but this was absoutely disgusting and I wasn't rude and I didn't shout ,I was just asking why they could put a quote on their website and then retract it. I have sent them a complaints email, and then emailed the screen shot through to ABTA and will see what they have to say about it -as the 'manager' thoroughly encouraged me to do, but apparently they are not worried as it is NOT on their website anymore. ;)
I rang Aegean on Tuesday, when I mentioned the guarantee on the website the lady apologised and said it was an error and that it would be refunded. When I checked my booking online it had been removed straight away. I booked the flights last June I think.

Jim
i phoned this morning and was told there was nothing they could do about it so it seems im fighting a losing battle and will have to pay,after all i have got an exta 2 hours on the plane due to routing to edinburgh i feel like im paying for something i dont even want
ive had no reply to my email yesterday to the manager of h4u explaining im waiting for phone bill proof and that im going on holiday on sun for 2 weeks, although i did explain this over the phone decided to confirm in email, ive just rang aegean flights and spoken to helen whos but a note on my file that im disputing these surcharges and will be away for 2 wks to cover myself if they try to get hold of me, what a nightmare, its the priniciple now, being told first thing mon morning it wouldnt have to pay and now saying they have no trace of my call has really got my back up !!!
ellie i also booked through Agean but H4U told me that calls were being passed on to them from Agean because of the volume of calls,so they should deal with you .
hope you get it sorted and everyone else too :que .Good news about the baggage allowance though
Ellie I emailed aegean last night (as still dont know who I talked to yesturday!) about the poor customer service etc and they emailed me back first thing this morning :think
Hi Guys,

I've just had confirmation this morning from Aegean Flights that my surcharge has been removed, in the form of both new invoices and a personal email. Unfortunately for you lot its not because of the Guarantee, its because my flights are actually with BMI (we've been moved twice!) and they have only been given permission by ABTA to surcharge on Onur Air Flights.

I have to say that I have had consistent and prompt responses from Aegean Flights and I am happy so far with the service received. I hope you all have an equally happy outcome.
There seems to be a lot of confusion about these charges. I looked on the ABTA website and it stated that H4U were allowed to add surcharges for Onur Air only. Our flight was origionally with Onur Air, then was changed to XL and are now with British Midland. Today I phoned H4U and at first they tried to charge me until I quoted ABTA. After consultation with her supervisor I was then told I was correct and the surcharges were deleted. It pays to check things out and not just accept these charges. How many people have paid this without question. Hope this helps others.
Jejo that's exactly what happened to us, where are you flying from? We're out of Glasgow on 28th June!

Well done, glad someone else got theirs deleted! :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.