Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Merged to existing topic in flights.

Mark :)
Ignore this! Was gonna moan about you moving this but I'm not gonna now that I have read the thread and can have it reversed because I booked in June 07.

Thank you Mark :thanks
I used to work for H4U a couple of years ago when I initially registered but not now
Hi Catherine :wave: . dont ring Aegean . Ring H4U 08444152444,but You may not be as lucky now as it sounds like they are now saying that guarantee was for flights booked during Janaury :( .I did get my new invoice with the surcharges and covering letter yesterday but I was told to ignore that and wait for another showing the reversal of the charges. with this new line they are now taking it wil be interesting to see if they reverse our reversal from the weekend . Mine have still been deducted on line . :think
although i was told the charges would be removed yesterday they are still showing on the aegean flight booking, so fingers crossed she does remove them as promised
Robertthebrave wrote:

I used to work for H4U a couple of years ago when I initially registered but not now

Perhaps you are still in close contact with them or one of their associated companies, as yesterday's post somehow shows a Holidays 4 UK Ltd IP address. :hmmm
David :wave
Rofl at H4U having spies! That will explain the responses I'm getting! Will post more later ;)
booked flights in july 2007 to travel in sept 2008 woith aegean flights. Have now received a letter stating have to pay £10.94 per person fuel charge. I've spoken To H4U/AEGEAN FLIGHTS who refuse to waive this any ideas please?? :que
Oh and can anyone send me their saved copy of the aegeans webpage before they changed it ;) Thanks
I got the same response and have coughed up my money. I booked in June 07 and travel in July 08. I think if you pay for a service up front in full you should not have to pay any additional costs incurred. I did tell them this and that I was paying up under protest. She was very polite and did apologize. But on the otherhand I can see why we should be paying a little extra. The only saving grace is that I paid bargain bucket prices so still can't complain about the cost overall. Diane.
Have also had no joy after phoning and also faxing a copy of the article on the website to Aegean.
Looks like I will have to pay but as said previously, only paid 4x £80 for our flight from B'ham in August so still a bargain.
Below is a copy of the email I received from them today:-

EDIT: Email removed. Sorry diydaz, but personal emails should not be reproduced without the express consent of both sender and recipient. Perhaps H4U may wish to post a statement themselves, considering that someone from their company IP address is already posting in this topic as a customer.
David HT Mod
Well if nothing else at least it appears to be a fairly honest response from Aegean
Its probably the same email I got today. Still waiting on a response from another point I put to them, then I'll let you know how I get on.
Aegean and Holidays 4 U,same,are now saying,that flights etc booked between 7th January and end of January exempt from fuel charges,if you depart from 12th june onwards,there is now a fuel charge,even if you booked last year,so those who phoned and got the extra charge taken off will now have it put back on!! thats the way I read it on the latest information given out from Aegean.
i got my letter this morning is to late to get the surcharge removed even thought last week they were stating holidays booked last year were exempt, this does not seem fair if people last week were getting it removed from there booking.
It would appear that they have said they WILL NOT be reinstating the charge for those of us that had it removed over the weekend .

see here http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=119165
As i stated in an earlier reply - I was told the charges were in error and have been removed from my online booking confirmation - but i may get an invoice in the post with surcharges on - but to ignore it as i won't have to pay them?????
If i don't pay them - will they sell my seats - i've got 8 booked???
Flossy I would stay calm and wait a few days and see if your new invoice comes as promised . If mine doesnt I will be phoning them early part of next week . I have saved a copy of that email posted on the IOL forum stating they will not be reinstating those charges for us that phoned over the weekend.

If we were to take notice of that letter it says please ring at your earliest convenience to pay the sum due , no mention of a specific time or that flights would be cancelled if they dont receive it within x days .
im also not sure whats happening with my surcharges, i rang them 9.30 ish on monday and was told they would remove the surcharges as it was an error and i shouldnt have been charged as i booked the flights in june 07 for aug 08, but saying that the charges havent been removed as promised and im going on holiday on sun for 2 wks so really worried now as to what to do , i have a bad feeling about this and think i will end up having to pay
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.