Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
blodders,

Zone and desk numbers will be shown on the screen as you enter departures. They use zone L from memory in the south Terminal.

Darren
Hi Blodders, as you arrive the taxi will drop you off on the level where you enter the airport and then you will see wide sloping walkways which go clockwise and upwards to the check-in level , (they are going to install lifts here soon aswell) you then enter a walkway on the left hand side which also has a rolling travelator? (you stand there and it takes you along) i think they call it that!! you then reach the check-in area , bear left and you will see the screen with flight and zone letters , i thought monarch was H or K , but they are doing a lot of work at the moment so things do keep changing! anyway don't worry it wiil be well sign-posted and easy to find. from you taxi to check-in desk its about a 4-5 min stroll . The monarch check-in desks will be in a block and premium check-in will be highlighted and it should be quicker or at least a shorter queue.
Thanks both of you . That is a great help. I have equal levels of nerves and excitement at the moment so I am gleaning all the info I can in the hope that the excitement will beat the nerves!!
We will be driving to Gatwick from Mid Wales in 3 weeks - anyone have a rough idea of how long the journey will take?

I'm guessing about 5 hours, but grateful for advice :)
HI, if you put the post codes of your start destination and end one into AA route finder it will not only give you direction but tell you (all being well) how long it will take. We are travelling there from Bristol-i generally allow 3 hours but it should be quicker
Hi,

A question for all you girls out there ... or anybody in the know.

Am flying out from Gatwick North Terminal tomorrow ....... does anyone know if there is anywhere for me to get my nails done while there. Have lefts things to the last minute as usual!!

Thanks,
Pat
From what I can remember Pat, I don't think there is.
Hi Helen,

Thanks for taking the time to reply ........ all sorted now, managed to get my nails done in town this afternoon.

regards,
Pat
There is a place at the North Terminal where you can get your nails done and other beauty treatments it is located at the No.1 Traveller lounge. treatments can be booked with or without lounge entry.
For example 15 mins hands or feet base coat plus colour is £18.

More information can be found by searching http://www.gatwickairport.com then searching airport lounges and no.1 traveller opens in a new window with all details or to book and find out more phone 08442 64 64 40
  • Edited by andy66 2011-08-22 19:34:42
Thanks Andy ........ good to know for future reference.

Pat
Would anyone know if parking discount vouchers are sent out from Gatwick Airport every month? I ask as we are not going away until December and have received an email offering 20% off parking. We have only recently joined their notifications newsletter. We don't really want to pay for parking now and were wondering whether this offer will be repeated each month or whether this is a one off thing.
Companies such as purple parking or APH are usually cheaper than Gatwick airports own parking arrangements, even with 20% discount.
If you don't mind parking 'off airport' at Gatwick,then I have always found Cophall Farm take some beating price wise,and the service is good. :)
Thank you for your replies. We have always parked at the airport as we have heard some horror stories about several airport parking companies.
We have booked a night in the copthorne hotel nearby and 2 weeks parking for £85 for a couple. As out flight is at 9:15 and we live down in Devon it made a Lot of sense. Does this sound like good value? The hotel offer a shuttle to and from the airport every hour.
It also means I can start my holiday a day early! :-)
Sounds good to me. We've paid £75 for a night and one weeks parking over Easter, at the Gatwick Worth. We've stayed there before and it's a lovely hotel just 5 mins away from the airport, with a regular shuttle bus. We'll be flying at 6am, and live in Wales.
Hi Sydney, i was looking at the gatwick airport website and they are advertising 65% off parking , i see that you're going in december and put in an example quote and the prices were very close to that of aph etc who use car parks situated further away, it also depends on whether you just require parking or if a hotel stay plus parking would be more suitable , then i would look at prices by operators like holidayextras.
Andy - I booked through Holiday Extras and Quidco cashback site - so on my £75 I get £11.25 cashback :tup Excellent price for room & parking at Easter :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.