Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Local Bus routes from Gatwick Airport. I recently stayed at the Premier Inn at Gatwick Manor Royal, which is a couple of miles south of the airport. The hotel information recommends the G23 bus from the airport but this does not run often and charges £3. Some investigation (Search MetroBus Gatwick) showed that there are a lot of local bus routes along the A23 under the Gatwick south Terminal e.g. every 10 minutes to Crawley at a cost of £1.75. The main challenge is to find the exit from the South Terminal to the bus stop as it is not signed. There is a map on the MetroBus web site, but its close to arrivals: look into the left hand corner (as if coming out of arrivals baggage collection) to the left of costa coffee and there is a fire exit. No signs on the outside but if you open the door there is a notice for local bus stops. Down the stairs and out at the bottom brings you to the north bound side of the road, under a subway to the other side for south bound.

So there is a good local service, but very hidden - do they prefer to encourage the airport specific services?
Hiya Wizard..We are using Cophall Farm for parking but the night before we are staying at the Travellodge hotel do you know how far this cophall is from there and how long will it take us to get there.I've asked travellodge the directions but they could'nt help or would'nt over the phone..Not sure the sat nav would be any help...
Gatwick Hilton - does anyone know which toiletries they provide?
Mobor One, last time I stayed at Gatwick Hilton they provided shampoo, shower gel, conditioner and moisturising cream. Very nice place it is too.
I see Gatwick don't provide flight arrival details to BBC Ceefax anymore. Bit annoying as I don't have a PC at home.
Just seen on Daybreak news that people are being asked not to travel to Gatwick airport because of problems there due to the weather.
Gatwick is closed at the moment due to snow. More details on Gatwick Airports website and BBC News. The runway is expected to remain closed until at least 11am. The latest advice is not to travel to the airport and contact your airline for further information.

UPDATE 0830: The runway will now remain closed until at least 0600 Thursday 2nd December. Passengers should not set out for the airport and should check directly with their airline for the latest information.

Darren
ITV's London Tonight and the Gatwick Airport website are now saying the airport will not be open until at least 10am on 2nd December.
Gatwick Airport will remain closed due to snow until at least 0600 Fridy 3rd December. Passengers should not set out for the airport and should check directly with their airline for the latest information.

Darren
Looking into booking a room at one of the Premier Inn at Gatwick for an over night stay at, we are flying from the south terminal, has anyone stayed at either of there gatwick hotels as I can't find out much info on airport transfers, or do you need to arrrange taxis?.

many thanks

Vickie
Looking into booking a room at one of the Premier Inn at Gatwick for an over night stay at, we are flying from the south terminal, has anyone stayed at either of there gatwick hotels as I can't find out much info on airport transfers, or do you need to arrrange taxis?.

Hi,

Even if you fly from South Terminal, it's not a problem to stay at the Premier Inn.

Monorail is running between both terminals very frequently and Premier Inn is easily reached by foot from North Terminal. See directions below (found on Tripadvisor). Hope it helps. I've stayed there a few years ago on the same purpose and I was pleasantly surprised. Especially with their offers including breakfast and/or dinner. Enjoy !

Sorry, this post had to be edited as material on Trip Advisor is copyright protected and may not be reproduced.
David HT Mod
Thanks for your reply, did look into the Travelodge as they are only £15 at the moment, but the reviews are awful, it is only one night but could'nt stay anywhere dirty, and premier inn gets excellent reviews so now of to book :tup .
Have just booked the Premier Inn and parking for 11 days next July for £75 pounds which I thought was very reasonable. It seems to get very good reviews and any other premier inns I have stayed in have all been very good and clean.
I have recently stayed at the Gatwick Manor Royal Premier Inn, which is about 2 miles south of the airport (on an industrial estate). New building and a perfectly good location for an airport stay. They advertise the Hotel bus transfer at about £3 but you can also get the local bus service (Metrobus route 10) which is cheaper and more frequent.
The stop for this bus at the airport is on the A23 under the terminal building, well hidden. For a map search "Metrobus Gatwick south"
Have booked the premier inn south, don't think i will bother with the bus transfer as it is cheaper for us to get a taxi, so excited!!
Hi
Does anyone know if there are smoking areas after security a the gatwick north terminal.

Thanks
I'm afraid that once you've got inside the terminal building, you can't smoke anywhere anymore ...
Make sure you have a last one before getting in !!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.