Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Good Toilet Guide
115 Posts
Quite clean loos at the Bon Appetite and both the Taj's at Sinquerim. The gold award goes to the beach loo at the Taj Exotica (Benaulim)

Very bad loos on Indian trains esp. the one that runs down to Udipi ':yikes' Don't forget your survival kit:- Imodium or likewise + Wet Wipes + Cork!

Best wishes,

May all your toilets be beautiful
I myself prefer an Indian style toilet when in India, at least you don't have to 'touch' anything (seat). If you can squat and go it's better but only if you are an expert at holding your breath!!!! I wonder how many of you have done without using loo paper whilst in India?? Anyone??
:omg The thought of no loo roll makes me feel ill ...in my bag I always have a dozen napkins ....a hand size pk of tissues and the small roll of loo roll from the hotel NOT a chance of me never having bog roll....
I onced was in dona paula ...and they only had an indian type toilet and I would not go ...but I had to ask the driver to stop on the way back I was not going to make it back to our hotel :oops: :oops:
Aw bless, it's funny how we all have our 'toilet traits'. I know that the jug of water/left hand method is more hygenic but I agree it is a bit bleurgh! I'm not too bothered about the horrible loos, if you gotta go you gotta go, but I am paranoid about roaches scurrying around whilst Im trying to go!! :omg
One of the best ones I came across was at a shack in Colva, they had a half height screen around a patch of sand. One end was labelled Men, the other side was Ladies, the Ladies had a small trowel. :roll: :roll:
Wow this topic is never ending!

On the subjuect of good loos, I went in the ladies at the Delhi Darbar in Panjim, there was an Indian lady in there lighting some joss sticks, never thought anything of it, went in the cubicle, when I came out she turned the tap on for me, squirted the liquid soap on my hands and then held out the towel. I was pretty gobsmacked - and a bit embarrassed actually. Anyway I was telling Husband about this, later on he went in the Gents and there was a bloke in there doing the same thing.

Then of course you go into some beach shacks......................
:rofl :rofl Accyliz that made me think of the very first time we went to goa ...hubby went to the toilet and when he came out he told me ..the guy in the gents .......gave him soap for his hands paper to dry his hands and then went on to brush his head with a wobbling brush type thing ....even tho he is baldy haha
...the gents toilets in the dep lounge at dabolim airport operate a similar hospitality gesture. a cleaner stood in the gents ready to offer you a squirt of soap, turning taps on and then a single sheet of loo roll to dry your hands on after rinsing. the cleaner then used to hold one of his hands out requesting a tip for providing a service. upto last year there was always a cleaner in the gents waiting for someone to come in and use the loo. However i noticed last year, mabybe due to cutbacks or multi tasking skills getting to goa, the guy in the loos also swept the departure hall floor. which was quite funny watching him as he used to have one eye on his broom and the other on the loo door just in case anyone went in the gents. just watching him drop his broom and scurry over to the gents just in case he might miss a tip from a punter kept me amused for a while waiting for our flight to leave
A lot of posting on here mention the toilets!! So i'll add my comment on one of the snazziest loos I came across in Candolim.
Anyone tried the loo at Gato Loco?
You have to go through a little shop to get to the loo and once there, well what can I say, it's fully tiled, plenty off flower arrangements, bric a brac, lovely soap and it also has a shower!! Not sure any one would want a shower when eating their meal though.
It was one of the best and cleanest restaurant loos I came across.
:D :D
Just got back yesterday and the best toilets we saw were at titos and little italy and Citrus.The rest were horrid, especially the Plantian Leaf one which nearly made me sick it stank so much. Why they can't get their heads round cleaning loos is beyond me. :roll:
Where can this delight be found - a coconut to the winner. :shock:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/mmacbain/Goa/001.jpg
Have to agree that "Plantain leaf" did give off a bit of a whiff :tut ....but, not only that, the floor was "swimming" in the yellow stuff. Exercised my bladder control, and made a quick exit. :arrow:

It's a pity, because the food was glorious.
Hiya,

I can see by this pic i shall have probs with the other half if she see's a loo like that. she hates going near any under growth i can see the two of us going together else she will be sitting there crossed legged.

M2T

:yikes
Moonshine in Calangute had a nice loo, as did Little Italy. Banana Moon had a funky little mosaic number going on, clean too. At Varca Beach there is a shack toilet that was Indian style but clean, by the shack next to the 'Capricorn'.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.