Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
colette1,

Your interpretation of the rules is correct. I think a common sense approach prevails though to be honest. If you turned up with a large bag of pills and potions, security will probably question why you have so much with you. If you do have to take more than just a few pills, then I would take what you need for the flight plus a couple of days worth (just in case) and pack the rest.

Darren
Good Idea Darren thanks :)

Now I just have to convince mum and dad :really
can i have a quick answer please going away tomorrow in my hand luggage i hAVE THROWN IN THE FOLLOWING COULD SOMEONE CONFIRM THIS IS OK
oops sorry about caps hairdryer shaver toilietries deodrants etc medication tablets etc
many many thanks
Hi, you most not have any deodrants or liquids over 100 mls , nor must you have more than 1.000 in total. why not put it in your hold luggage and be safe. Tonyt.
ok many many thanks a bit annoying i cant have a doe like eh
thanks so much
I will have all my medication and my husbands in my hand luggage tomorrow despite what Thomas Cook say!
I have never ever put my tablets in my hold luggage in case it goes missing.I dont think anyone will stop you and search your hand luggage to make sure you have no medication on you!
Hi

I am flying to Mauritius from Birmingham via Dubai. I understand about putting toiletries in a clear plastic bag and all the sizes etc, but I just wanted to check if Dubai has the same regulations., i.e. if my bag is ok through security at Birmingham it will be ok for Dubai security. Also are wet wipes ok to put in hand luggage or do they need to go in the clear bag?

Thanks for any advise.
I too have taken all my prescription medication in my hand luggage just in case my suitcase goes missing.

The only time I would think twice is if my medication has codeine in it and I was travelling through a country where that type of medication is illegal and they may not accept a copy of my prescription.
Hi colette1 , I would never and have never packed my medication in my case. I have to take a number of controlled drugs and I just think the risk of those going missing is too great and I doubt even with a prescription some countries would prescribe them should I be left with just a couple of days supply. I take all my medication in my hand luggage {a big plastic bag full} plus the catheters I need to take and I have never been questioned about the amount, however I do always carry my prescription with me just in case. Just my thoughts though.

chazy
Apologies if a repost......

We are heading to Portugal next week with our three month old - hopefully we won't regret it! We want to bring baby formula on the plane and have a few questions:

1. Formula doesn't have to be made up I think? i.e. we can bring containers of water and powdered formula.

2. How much can we bring onboard? The regulations state that you may bring enough for the journey. Will we get away with more - just in case the bags go missing? Ideally we would like to bring a day's worth.

3. Are ready made cartons OK? These would be 200 ml sealed cartons with ready made formula. Or are we restricted to liquid in baby bottles?

4. Will we be required to taste all bottles - or is it up to the individual security person?

Thanks for the help,
Drzava
I think you are restricted to milk in bottles, one of you will have to taste them. I would just take a couple, then buy made up cartons from Boots airside, which are allowed on board. You can take as much formula as you like, but in powder form only. Made up cartons are allowed in hold luggage. Cabin staff are really good at warming them up, also you can take buggy free of charge (you probably know that)!

Denny
Thanks for the replies, I did put it all in my hand luggage in the end, and it was fine, flew with Thomas Cook. Had my bads ripped open coming home though and all my rings searched, don't know why, I did ask but the girl at Dalaman just glared at me :think
We are flying with easyjet on Saturday and I am not sure of the hand luggage weight. I seem to remember it was unlimited as long as you could lift it. Their site says the dimensions but not the weight. Is it still the same?
Thanks Margaret
neknit,

As long as the bag is within the size limits listed, that's your limit. The weight is governed by the size of the bag really, you can only cram so much in which will probably be no more than about 10kg. Unless you take a bag of lead with you!!

Darren
Ive asked this before somewhere but cant remember the replies properly...going soon and need to know so I can get sorted...I want to take video cam (camcorder) which uses 8mm tapes with me.....1/where do I put tapes as want to put them in hand luggage,will the xray machine affect them....2/ where do I put the batteries as would like to put in hand luggage ( no good having videocam with no battries if case goes missing)....cant remember if they can go in hand luggage but cant be in videocam...3/ what about the lead with the plug on ect can I put that in hand luggage as again if bags go missing my videocam would be usless with out leads..

also ...have sony cybershot that I want in hand luggage 1/ what are the rules about the batteries and leads.....2/ will screening affect my memory card..

Have not seen anything about batteries leads ect on airport or airline sight

Am I right in thinking you can take bars of chocolate in hand luggage

I am flying with olympic airlines manchester to Greece

Sorry about so many questions....and thanks in advance
TWEETIE PIE,

You can carry your camera and tapes in your hand luggage. X-ray machine won't effect them in any way. You can carry the batteries in your hand luggage as well, either in the camera or seperate. You can carry the charger if you wish, but it's easier if you put that in your suitcase. The chances of your suitcase going missing is slim. Same answers with regards to your still camera, x-rays will not effect memory cards. At some airports, you'll need your batteries to prove the camera is a camera, they'll make you switch it on. You can take any food items for consumption on the aircraft as long as they aren't in the form of liquids or gels and over 100ml in size.

Darren
Thanks Dazbo5....the reason I asked about the leads is because I think I would have a problem getting new ones and though its getting quite old now Its a brilliant video camera and am very atatched to it....and though dont fancy putting it in hold luggage wouldnt like leads to be consficated as could be deemed viable as a weapon
TWEETIE PIE,

You're ok with chargers, I take mine with me all the time when i only carry hand luggage. 1000's of people commute with laptops every day. Anything can constitute a weapon if it's used for purposes other than for which they are designed. A common sense approach prevails with things like that.

Darren
Thanks again Dazbo5....will be happier with battries and leads in hand luggage
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.