Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks for that David,I will ring the airline and find out,only thing is we are flying from Dublin to Heathrow with BMI and then onto Brazil with TAM,but someone told me that if this is all on the same ticket then BMI will honor the international carriers baggage allowance...guess I will double check all this before hand though.
torx wrote:
I will ring the airline and find out,only thing is we are flying from Dublin to Heathrow with BMI and then onto Brazil with TAM,but someone told me that if this is all on the same ticket then BMI will honor the international carriers baggage allowance...guess I will double check all this before hand though.

That's only if you're transfering on to a partner airline (Star Allience member). TAM aren't so it's unlikely they'll honor any additional luggage allowance. You can only ask though.

Darren
Hi there

I am booked on a BA shuttle from Man to Heathrow to connect with a Qantas flight and I was wondering if I could take my own sandwiches on the BA flight to eat at Heathrow as we have a 4 hours wait between flights or is this not allowed under the new hand baggage rules.

Many thanks

Loretta
Never had a problem taking sandwiches through security, you should be fine.

Dave
tet,

There Is No Problem With Doing That, (Just Remember Not To Take Drinks)

Gower
Many thanks for your quick replies. Didn't fancy paying the over inflated prices they charge at the Airports!

Kind regards

Loretta
hey guys, I flew with TCX last year and they charged me and my other half £60 because we went over limit. So was thinking of having hand luggage this year to lighten the load so to speak. Is tcx ok combining the 5kg to 10kg in the one bag? x
jaynesastar,

I Think TCX Are Quite Strict In Their One Bag Max Weight of 5kg, See Website

Unlike TOM Who Allow 10kg Hand Luggage Who Also Do Not Allow You To Combine Hand Luggage

Gower
thanks hun what a pain in the arse that is. oh well ill just have to be careful witht the weight of it :que
I am flying from Stansted to Tour with Ryanair and have only 10kg carry on allowance - not bothering with checked in. Im I right in thinking that because we have our boarding passes printed off, we do not go to the desk and therefore bags will not be weighed as we can go straight to departure lounge via security??
ilovegoa,

You can go straight though to the departure lounge when you've checked in online and have hand luggage only. If you turn up with a huge bag that looks visually too big, you'll probably get questioned at the boarding gate.

Darren
Thanks Darren, guess the secret will be to keep bag size down but perhaps not worry if weight is a "little" over :rofl
Obviously I will have to be able to lift it!!!
Hi All
After some advice please, can I use a mesh bag for the liquids in my hand luggage the bag is within the size restriction and is transparent but not clear so not too sure, I have tried to attached a photo but do not have sufficient number of posts to do so, it came with my suitcase, seems silly to go and buy another bag if this will suffice.

Regards Alan
they must be clear plastic to the correct specification

wizard
Thanks Wizard,

thought that would be the case, does anyone know anwhere online i can get these from?

regards

Alan
Slider wrote:
does anyone know anwhere online i can get these from?
I use freezer bags from Asda, you get about 20 of them for £1.
Hi Slider .. the photo on page 1 of this topic will give you an idea of what is required. As cyberspacekadette suggests, members have reported buying suitable bags at the local supermarket, post office, etc.

David :wave
ilovegoa - When we went to Portugal over the new Year with easyjet everyone seemed to be carrying huge cases with them, there was barely any luggage when we went to collect ours, some were so big that they couldnt fit in the overhead compartments and so had to be put in the hold! :)
My parents recently flew Easyjet LGW/Faro return and on both sectors, approaching boarding the aircraft, if your hand luggage looked to be larger the size specified on their website, the staff we making people try them in the cradles, if it didn't go into the cradle it went into the hold and they had a card machine with them in order to swipe credit and debit cards there and then. I only mention this as when I travelled with them late last year and this was not the case. I wonder whether people have been taking more and more and now Easyjet have had enough, or they want more money, as you are at the point of no return and not likely to argue.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.