General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
You could try the Far East...Thailand, Malaysia...December is a good time to go to these destinations. The Caribbean will be hot as well.
To WFC74
Goa is brilliant in December. Really hot in the day and cool in the evening. The ideal place to go. Add to this how cheap it is to eat and drink and you have the best holiday ever!!1
We usually go on a long haul holiday in either Nov or over Christmas. We've been away 4 out of the last 5 years. We've been to the Dom Rep 3 times and the weather was fab - 32 degrees on average and last year we went to the Maldives whch was our best holiday ever - apart from the Tsunami. This year we're going back to the same island in the Maldives - it is heaven on earth and not that much more expensive than the caribbean.

Tracy
Mexico, India, obviously Australia!
Does anyone know what the weather is like in December in El Gouna??
Not El Ghouna, but in Sharm last Christmas it was about 24 degrees for most of Christmas week. Mornings were chilly out of the sun, but we ate breakfast outside every day (all the local had anoraks on!). It get's dark about 7pm and the evenings were chilly so take some long trousers and a fleece!

We go away at Christmas but can only go for a week so long haul is out - I'd hate to sit on a plane for 12 hours for just a week's stay. We love India, but visa fees and malaria tablets aren't worth it for just a week plus it's a long flight.

We set a limit of a maximum flight of 7 hours and a modest budget. Dubai would be great at Christmas but flights are very expensive as it's a scheduled service only. The warmest place within our 7 hour rule would be The Gambia, but this doesn't appeal. So far we have been to Madeira and Egypt, other option would be the Canaries, but this doesn't appeal either! This year it looks like we are going back to Madeira.
I doubt you will get cheap deals to Dubai in Nov,only reason its cheap in June/july/aug is that its so hot everyone wants to getout .
Thanks - sounds good, is it warm enough to swim in the sea??
Hi,

There are much hotter places than Egypt at that time of year.

My votes would go to the Gambia too for heat......also, as others have mentioned, Goa, Maldives, some parts of Thailand (other parts it's their rainy season).

And you can never go wrong with the good old Caribbean! Christmas Day on a white sand beach with a bbq and a cocktail :D
LF - Carrabean sounds good doesn't it. I'm going to start looking into it!!!!!!! deaming about the cocktail bit too.
It's a lovely thought isn't it.........or counting down to midnight on new years eve while sitting on the beach watching the moon. I can't wait!

Anyway, the Caribbean isn't the hottest place in the world at the time of year, but it is the beginning of the peak season and the temperature is just right, late 20's/early 30's but with a gentle sea breeze usually.
nikki 1976 - the sea in Sharm wasn't too warm (we were near the Garden Reefs). Bearable for 15 minutes or so without a wetsuit, but this part of the Red Sea is cold even in summer as it's very deep with no gentle shelving from the shore so the heat from the sun is insufficient to warm it up. Package Hoilday programme last night featured some divers who were in the sea off Sharm for 14 hours - 40 degrees sun, but the water was cold enough to for them to suffer hypothermia.
Davey

I don't think I like the sound of hypothermia, but then I wouldn't stay in the water too long. Decisions deicsions, I just can't decide where to go!!

Nikki
id recomend goa for heat and cheap cost of living about 300 spending for 2 weeks, thats pushing the boat out too ,with pressies and such.we went in march and my tans still noticable if a little faded ,booked for 3 weeks next march and cant wait.i use to think the turks were lovely people but the indians are the salt of the earth ,was worried at first with it been a 3rd world country but soon got use to it,beaches and food are out of this world ,i never took my youngest who was 14 because didnt think there was much to do but there was loads of trips and sight seeing which she would have enjoyed will be taking her year after next before exams i think .the culture shock will do her good :lol:
Thanks, what areas would you suggest and which hotels???

Much appreciated.

Nikki
xx
visit the india forum there lots of post there ,,ive only stayed in calangute one of the busier towns ,, but every weres close within walking distance , baga ,, candolim ect
Thanks very much - will do!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.