Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Warmest island?
8 Posts
the most southerly in the deaconess is Crete but Rhodes and Kos are also usually quite warm
I seem to remember Symi getting mentioned many times in regard to being the hottest island :?: but no doubt other island will also claim that they are the hottest :lol:

I would go along with Wizard and say that the Dodecanese has probably the hottest island.
Definitely Rhodes, we were there in late October and it was still warm, no cardigans at night needed.
I`d go with Rhodes last time we where there in june it was in the early 40`s temp wise
Symi is usually 4 or 5 degrees warmer than Rhodes because of the shelter afforded by the Vigla and the Datça peninsula.
Already 'done' Rhodes 3 times. Temps in the south east of the island tend to be higher as well. Pefkos/Lardos being perfect examples with as much as 5*C diffrence between resort and the airport in the north west.

Whats symi like btw?
June in Southern Greece is a bit too warm for me.

Mustafaholiday, Symi is peaceful and beautiful with a spectacular harbour in a fjord. I have been there many times and have recently returned from another month (September/October) on the Island. Have a look at the photos on http://www.symivisitor.com
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.